• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's F air kils for me.... often.

Stilll Alive

Smash Cadet
So im almost positive that this isnt guaranteed kill for all characters perhaps just some, but i always short fall out of f air, and some players cant predict the need to instantly press up b. Also in many cases when i bounce off their head it clearly seems unrecoverable.

Now im just curious to hear feedback do you guys use this or run into this? And how viable do you think it will stil be if people start to see it coming?

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Hmm I never thought of bouncing off of their heads right after failed attempt at spiking someone with the fox-copter.

Is it inevasible?

Last edited:

Stilll Alive

Smash Cadet
Hmm I never thought of bouncing off of their heads right after failed attempt at spiking someone with the fox-copter.

Is it inevasible?
The footstool i havent seen dodged before so i guess id have to try it next time a friends over

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I've done the footstool before, though I must admit it's been by accident for me. Seems to work best against characters with average falling speeds, since Fox's double jump will be just high enough to jump on their head.

I've found it can be reacted to though, the F-air "spiking" off the stage can be avoided if the opponent reads your F-air attempt with another move in the air (a quick N-air, counter move, or other move of their own), or just air-dodges the incoming F-air. It's still viable, IMO, but if the opponent knows what we're trying to do with F-air, we'll have to start mixing it up with reverse B-airs (another good KO move, very good move to knock opponents away from the stage) or delay the F-air.

Stilll Alive

Smash Cadet
I've done the footstool before, though I must admit it's been by accident for me. Seems to work best against characters with average falling speeds, since Fox's double jump will be just high enough to jump on their head.

I've found it can be reacted to though, the F-air "spiking" off the stage can be avoided if the opponent reads your F-air attempt with another move in the air (a quick N-air, counter move, or other move of their own), or just air-dodges the incoming F-air. It's still viable, IMO, but if the opponent knows what we're trying to do with F-air, we'll have to start mixing it up with reverse B-airs (another good KO move, very good move to knock opponents away from the stage) or delay the F-air.
That was my main thought, I had a feeling I had such success with it because it seems not so commonly used, so the average player in for glory prolly would have absolutely no read on it

Top Bottom