• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox VS____

-Shion-

Smash Cadet
Ok.

This thread is made to discuss how Fox would fare against characters in Brawl.

Take into account both characters attacks and weaknesses to determine who will be the winner.

Also, just to keep it fair, we will say that these matches are played by pros with the characters.

Lets start With Fox VS Ike shall wee?

Who is the better of these two in your opinions and why?

CurryLad

Smash Cadet
Fox.
He is still extremely fast both on land and in air. his moves come out fast as well. Ike could overpower him easily but his smashes and most other moves are too slow for a fox player who can dodge. If the match was between two noobs, then i would say Ike. But between two pros i would say Fox.

-Shion-

Smash Cadet
From videos I have seen, Ike can KO a Fox at 35 damage with a smash attack...

And Ike's dash attack is a sort of surprise, isn't it?

But Overall, Fox murders Ike in Speed, Agility, and attack exectution.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Fox

He out speeds ike giving him the advantage. Couple that will great mobility on ground and air along with a some what spamable blaster. I think Ike overpowers him in raw power but fox has got the speed to make up for it, along with some good combos he can it ike with some fast attacks. But ike would put up a hell of a fight, with some smash moves that dominate it would be a close one. But fox is my choice.

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Okay, Ike has turned out to be not THAT slow. But all he has to do is look at fox and fox would give up with fear.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Fox may have a hard time with D3. Talk about speed all you want, but the laser spam can easy be takin away with a Waddle Dee or Waddle Doo and D3's range will come into effect too

-Shion-

Smash Cadet
Dedede is also super slow. even slower than bowser....

Hes like a bigger, badder version of Dk.

I still believe Fox can defeat D3, but cannot win by shining him off...

If the fox player is a good anticipater, Fox wins vs d3.

Circu

Smash Rookie
People are probably going to call me stupid for this, but D3 isn't that bad, I'd say he's actually one of the better characters in the game. I'm a fox main and my friend is a D3 main and man, this is one tough fight for fox. My friend is really good at using D3's range and keeping fox away from him. Although he can't chain fox, he still has amazing grab range and his forward tilt has amazing range (not to mention his tilts have pretty amazing speed), making D3 almost impossible to approach and attack from the ground. I have to resort to a ton of aerial approaches, which are nothing a shield can't handle. So far, I have found this to be a horrible math for fox. D3 is a beast in the right hands!

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Spam lasors on Ike and Dedede to get them to come to you. Well then again maybe not Dede since those waddle's can cover him from lasors.

I can say right now that Fox vs Zelda is a Fox game. Zelda's reflector doesn't guard against all of Fox's lasors and even when you do reflect them they don't hit Fox unless he right in front of you when he is doing lasors.

His attacks come out faster and he can kill at 80% with his Upsmash. Tough battle for a Zelda player. x.x

Zeik188

Smash Cadet
I played a good ike this morning actually. It was a 4 player match. The ike player got most of the KO's, but honastly, he couldnt touch me. If it was 1v1, I would have owned him because all he did was B-> and A->, with a counter here and there. His timing was great, but he was so slow, most of his attacks missed.

Down B with Fox interupts his timing for his Up Smash and Side smash, followed by a FireFox into the Ike, causing a small stun and a decent hit with the actual attack.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Fox vs. Bowser

Bowser has raw power, but Fox has speed and fast attacks. Bowser may get a few hits in, but in the end, he get slaughtered by Fox's quick moves.

OrionX1989

Smash Rookie
i have to stick up for Ike. he can murder fox. all the fox mainers i play can't get near him. N-air has good cover so fox has to work around it. and by the time fox gets around, ike can just short hop B-air and push him away. ike's D-smash can break a lot of ground combos as soon as he gets the opening. maybe my friends suck but i haven't lost to fox yet.

super_bacon807

Smash Apprentice
I think Fox can easily laser camp Ike for the entire match due to Fox's speed and Ike's slowness. Once Ike has taken enough lasers and is at a reasonable damage, Fox can finish him off with a drill kick > usmash/dsmash.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I think Fox can easily laser camp Ike for the entire match due to Fox's speed and Ike's slowness. Once Ike has taken enough lasers and is at a reasonable damage, Fox can finish him off with a drill kick > usmash/dsmash.
Theoretically you could, although that would be hella amounts of douchebaggery. If you just "don't get hit" by Ike's slow attack, or the fast ones for that matter, you can take him out with some nice combos.

Top Bottom