• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox vs Falcon. Who wins?

What The Fox

Smash Rookie
I haven't been playing smash 64 for as long as most of you, at least not online. When I first started playing fox I seriously hated the fox falcon matchup but I guess I've gotten used to the matchup over time. Now I feel Fox has the edge over Falcon. Sure Falcon can zero to death Fox but Fox can do just the same and his moves comeout quicker. But then I ask myself why have no Foxes really won anything big and Falcon has (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong). Is it the pikachu matchup that changes their results? Just thoughts, please no snide remarks. If you think Falcon wins, tell me why.

Shears

Smash Master
I think fox wins at the highest level however there are very few people who play fox and play him at the highest level. What it takes to win with falcon is much less than what it takes to win with fox and thats why we see more falcons and success from falcon, however; fox has a higher ceiling imo than falcon does. At lower levels, and even middle levels of gameplay, falcon should win this matchup, as should pika against fox. But when you get to the highest levels of gameplay that have currently been achieved, I believe fox wins these matchups and wins almost every matchup.

What The Fox

Smash Rookie
At lower levels I feel falcon wins simply because his combo game is so simple and easy to master, especially if your opponent isn't diing at all, up airs work without needing to fast fall or nair/fair. At mid level though I feel if the Fox knows what he is doing then it is fairly easily to handle a falcon, especially if the falcon is chase heavy.

$$$ Jim $$$

Smash Cadet
i'd say it's super close, but fox has the edge. laser shuts down some of falcon's options, but not all of them. fox really depends on having a fast reaction time in order to beat out better falcons. if that's the case, falcon depends on having a harsher punish game than fox (or more specifically, a better defensive game). 55:45 fox or +0.5 if you like that system

edit: i'd also like to say that imo, it's the most evenly balanced, asymmetrical matchup.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
It's hard to put it as the most balanced matchup if you think one character is better. I mean there must be some 50-50 matchup or something a lot closer (outside of the obv. ditto)

Top Bottom