• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox tech questions

alijahdamessiah

Smash Rookie
Alright so I am having trouble with drill shines am I supposed to use the c stick or analog?

How do multi shines work, do you have to use y to jump, and how quickly must you tap b the jump?

What are good follow ups after you hit a waveshine other than grab and another waveshine?

Is using c stick for all arials bad?

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Alright so I am having trouble with drill shines am I supposed to use the c stick or analog?

How do multi shines work, do you have to use y to jump, and how quickly must you tap b the jump?

What are good follow ups after you hit a waveshine other than grab and another waveshine?

Is using c stick for all arials bad?
  • Either works.
  • You don't have to use Y, and pretty quickly, check Fox frame data.
  • Up-Smash, jab, nair, some others.
  • No.

Y-L

Smash Champion
If you're at the level you sound like you're at, don't waste your time with multishines. You'll get a lot more millage off of shine grabs or a retreating aerial after your shine hits shield. The occasional double shine is useful though. Too many fox players think the first thing they should learn is multishines when in reality it's not a very useful strategy. Unless you're perfect (not going to happen) they'll either grab you when you mess up, you multishine their shield then jump away and it resets to neutral, or they buffer roll out. Practically it's not very good. When you have options like retreating aerials to combat their grab attempts and shine grabs which lead into other combos like uair, it's much better.

But yeah to answer your question c sticking aerials is pretty optimal most of the time because you have full control over your character as you can use the analog stick to move while doing your aerial whereas doing it with A would require you to move a little bit in the direction of the aerial. Also fast falling a dair would require a second down input after the aerial (pretty much not gonna happen) or for you to press down for your dair after the peak of your jump which you don't always want.

Waveshine -> usmash (only works on characters that don't fall down from shine and don't move too far away from shine) waveshine->jab reset -> anything (only works on those who fall down from shine and don't move too far away from shine) waveshine->grab waveshine->nair waveshine->dair and waveshine->waveshine are all excellent followups, especially the first 3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom