• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox or Falco?

OHIYO

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I've been playing Melee for a while now but have had issues picking my main. I currently consider myself a Fox main but also play Falco and have since I started playing. I enjoy playing both characters but I ever so slightly prefer Fox simply because of his movement. However, my Falco actually seems to be better than my Fox. My tech skill with Falco is much better compared to Fox (ex: lasering, l cancels, wavedashes, shffl's), but on the flipside, Fox is good in any matchup. So who should I go with? As much as I love both characters, I have issues with both, Falco's lackluster movement and Fox's legendary skill ceiling. Any advice would be greatly appreciated <3

AirFair

Marth tho
MARTH. Just play Marth.

No but srsly, play the one you feel you can do better with, or have more fun with.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Falco is much easier to be consistent with tech wise, but Fox is faster and has more combo potential. But really it's all up to your preference. Both play similarly so you have to take note of the small differences and choose who you prefer. Or play both of them, that could be fun.

OHIYO

Smash Rookie
I actually do play a bit of Marth haha. Yeah, I've been trying to play both but I just have a super hard time switching back and forth between the two given the small differences in the way they play

AirFair

Marth tho
I mean, Mango does both, so it's not really a bad option. You just have to get consistent tech, and then work on your game (like not accidentally running off the stage with fox lol)

Top Bottom