• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox or Falco

RoyScrub

Smash Rookie
I'm a Roy main for ssbm and I'm thinking on switching to space animals. Does anybody know what matchups are more advantageous for Fox or Falco?

RedQuelll

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedQuell
Roy..bleh..This IS the fox board, so we will say fox LELELE 20XX MASTER RACE. But seriously, falco is easier to learn and master, in my subjective opinion. I would go with fox, its so satisfying to combo with fox. Either way, both are amazing characters, can't go wrong. All subjective. :)

Boomhound

Smash Apprentice
Fox has a stronger movement and bait game, great if you like reading your opponent.
He also has an easier time against floaties.

Falco has a control oriented game with his lasers and as a result has less risk oriented pressure.
He can also zone better with his moves and lasers rather than pure movement due to his longer limbs.

Both are very enjoyable to play and very technically demanding.

Look up: Lucky/Sfat/Silentwolf/Colbol for Fox and PP/Westballz/Zhu for Falco, or Mango for either.

Pick whichever looks coolest to you :D

Last edited:

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Fox has a stronger movement and bait game, great if you like reading your opponent.
He also has an easier time against floaties.

Falco has a control oriented game with his lasers and as a result has less risk oriented pressure.
He can also zone better with his moves and lasers rather than pure movement due to his longer limbs.

Both are very enjoyable to play and very technically demanding.

Look up: Lucky/Sfat/Silentwolf/Colbol for Fox and PP/Westballz/Zhu for Falco, or Mango for either.

Pick whichever looks coolest to you :D
What? No Hax for Fox? :(

~Azu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3754-7578-6137
Hey there, I also started as a Roy main but currently I main both spacies actually. Fox imo is better overall because of its versatility in being able to camp and play aggressive at the same time effectively, he is really fast paced and technical. Falco on the other hand is great but is a bit slower paced, he draws more from stage control and long aerial combos. Fox is just harder to learn while Falco is easier to pickup especially for you since Falco's and Roy's weight are pretty similar

Bose

Den lengste kølla
3DS FC
5086-2001-6359
Nobody mentioned leffen? He's the fox god right now, you should definitely check him out. The good thing about learning from leffen is that he never plays more technical than he has to. He's very efficient, and uses the character in a very smart way (yet lightning fast).

Boomhound

Smash Apprentice
Nobody mentioned leffen? He's the fox god right now, you should definitely check him out. The good thing about learning from leffen is that he never plays more technical than he has to. He's very efficient, and uses the character in a very smart way (yet lightning fast).
There's nothing to learn from Leffen's Fox really, it's the most textbook example of a character there is.
I guess that might also make him the ideal player to learn from if you're new though :p

RedQuelll

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedQuell
Yea, no style to leffens play at all which is effective but also bland. Absolute cookie cutter fox, but hey, he's damn good as being a basic advanced fox.

Top Bottom