• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox or Falco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shafty

Smash Cadet
i've been working on my fox and falco game. what are the advantages and disadvantages of each character? i'd like to pick one i prefer, and just stick with one. i know that fox's SHL is a bit harder (and done less often?) anyway, fox's shine spike and much better recovery seem a bit hard to pass up. falco is easier w/ me to combo with thus far.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Use the character you are most comfortable using. They are both top tier, so it doesn't really matter. And, nothing's wrong with maining two characters. In fact, that will help you more than just one ultimate character, especially during an opponent's counterpick.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I prefer Falco. I seem to play better with him. Choose who you are comfortable with. Remember Tires Don Exits! On a more serious note Samus is the best character to play as.

Makaveli X

Smash Cadet
I personally prefer Falco but i'm biased because he's my main character. I think its whoever your comfortable with. I was comfortable with Falco so try them both out and see who you feel you can work with best.

pick who you think is sexier <3

i'm dead serious
Haha, Clearly thats all that matters! haha

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
I don't know, Falco's moves seem pretty repetitive compared to Fox. And if you want to be good with Fox, you shouldn't be good. You have to be REALLY REALLY good and have really quick hands to master Fox. Use Falco if combos are your thing, but Fox if you like speed and his feared shine. And I'll tell you right now that Fox is more fun to use than Falco, in my opinion.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Fox has a very slight disadvantage against Marth and Falco, but he's the best against Peach. Falco has a very slight advantage against Marth and Fox, but he may have a tad bit of trouble with Peach. And both fair about the same against Sheik. Lastly, Fox requires a bit less tech skill, and he's probably a little better in teams.

GOTM

Smash Champion
The match up generally seems to be in fox's favor if not even.
its a lot more even than people think, but its still in falco's favor.

fox can CG, but only on like FD pretty much, and at very low percents on other stages.

falco can combo fox on like any stage and like any %, lol. i mean yeah, fox can gimp falco very easily, but its not easy to when your being combod like 99% of the match

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
for reasons i wont list (since they're obvious)

fox is better as a character, thats undeniable.

but i like falcos playstyle more, and have never been able to transfer to fox in any comprehensive way,

basickly if its a styly preference pick whoever is most comfrotable

but if you want to win the most games possible

fox.

Banks

Smash Hero
pillar vs waveshine, whichever u prefer. falco is easier to gimp so expect to get ***** by gpod players who know how to gimp people.

BrandonOwnageking

Smash Journeyman
its up to u. i like to think of fox as the get things done quickly charcter, the one that beats the **** of of u before u know what hit u and falco as the one that drags out and seals ur fate by SHLing u into a pillar then blowing u into oblivion with a spike or forward/down smash. i perfer falco although i may switch to fox to avoid bad match ups.

SmashGuru

Smash Rookie
Fox's Qualities:
  • Faster than Falco
  • Easier to SHDL
  • Up+B goes higher
  • Reflector hits foes down
  • Upsmash is smex
Falco's Qualities:
  • Easier to short hop
  • Blaster can screw recoveries
  • Has a better spike than Fox