• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox drill / shine questions.

Wahgwan

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I have a few questions:

1. Any tips on L canceling fox's dair? (I can't do it consistently.)
2. What can you do after shining vs fox/falco? (Other than jab reset)
3. Any tips on wave shine jab reseting vs fox? (I can do it on falco, cant seem to get the distance on fox?)

Last edited:

GCSChris

Smash Rookie
unlike fox's other aerials, where you can just hit l in the air and hit the l-cancel pretty consistently, you need to hit it more directly when you hit the ground. Sounds weird, i know, but hopefully you get what I'm saying. Hope this helps.
omni said:
*NOTE:* The timing to SHFFLC'ing is different when a character attacks air as opposed to an opponent. You'll notice the timing is CONSIDERABLY different with Fox's Drill Kick (D-AIR) because he hits his opponent several times before landing, keeping him in the air longer than usual. Because of this, I suggest for this lesson, OMIT FOX'S DRILL KICK. Why?
lesson 3+4
http://smashboards.com/threads/omnis-guide-to-mastering-fox-v-4-5-update-vs-ice-climbers.60570/

MrMaples

Smash Rookie
2# is just basic tech chasing. most people roll away after you shine them, some get up attack. some sit there. it's all about usuing the right move for the instance. Also alittle help with the l canceling, I find that if you press L the same time you input the fast fall you'll nail the L cancel.

Top Bottom