• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox advice needed (video inside)

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Heres my advice
1.SHFFL more
2.SHL and SHDL more
3.Uthrow+Uair works wonders against marth.
4.Waveshine faster

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Tech Improvements:
* waveshine faster
* jump out of your uthrows faster
* get a more solid grip on your tech skill, make it more consistant

Gameplan Improvements:
* shffl more against marth.
* Laser a whole lot more
* waveshine>uthrow is amazing on marth
* tech chase better against space animals when you shine them
* Don't go for unnecessarily flashy edgegaurds, no walljump shinespikes, just edgegaurd them simply.
* mix up your stage returns (there were a lot of walljumped illusions)
* DON'T FORCE FLASHINESS, i lose most while i'm trying to force flashy moves/ combos.

Tell your friend:
* Stop charging smashes like that
* edgegaurd, (don't just stand near the edge or shield the illusion)
* Abuse Marth's Uthrow against fox

You had some some solid mindgames though, and you could read him fairly well. Keep practicing!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok I have only watched a minute so far but I already want to comment on some things. It's easy to tell that you don't have much experience. I recommend finding the best player near you and playing them or going to a tournament.

The reason I say this is because it looks like you know some stuff but have no idea how to use it. Your movement is decent but everything else is sloppy. You REALLY need to work on spacing yourself. Also learn how to SHFFL better. Your attacks are random and thrown together and you don't seem able to control your character very well. You just hit him then try and hit him again. This is bad.

Ok now I will watch the rest.

Not done yet but time for more. Learn how to Short Hop and L-cancel properly or stop playing fox until you can. And we get it, you know how to waveshine. Now stop. Why are you waveshining against a fox? You are not using the thunders combo or doing anything productive with it so focus your attention elsewhere like trying to actually hit your l-cancel. Also, if you full hop use a nair not a dair in most situations. And make sure to fast fall.

Work on JCing your grabs and knowing the directions you will go with up b.
Stop using fair like that. Stop trying to do things like SHDL and double shines when you can't even short hop right.

Basically here is my view of your fox. You focus on things you shouldn't, you don't pay attention to your opponent or your relation in distance to him or the edge at all. You need to learn how to short hop and l-cancel. You need to nair more and dair less against fox. And stop using fair.

Thats about it. Fix those and post another video.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Don't play with your food, and work on your combos (check percentages when you go for a launcher so you know how to follow up). In the fox ditto you missed many opportunities to kill your opponent.

Ame$

Smash Apprentice
New videos of my Fox .
There are against a CF player who is nearly at the same level(when we are playin our mains)
But he realy pwnd my fox .

So here are the videos :

#1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVo9CF6N02I
#2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEn2tRyNZg4
#3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60DLK13qnTU

I´ve tried some approach mindgames but it seems as if they didn´t work that well ...
So again : please give me some tipps and hints on mindgames and other stuff .

thx and have a nice day .

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
my advice would be to make him come to you,for example:spam lasers from a distance forcing him to try to attack you and punish him with nairs and shine+jab combos.

Ame$

Smash Apprentice
hmm yeah i should have done that more often, thanks anyway .
Please give me some other tipps, what I heard several times is "just stop playin fox"
is my fox so bad ? >.<

SCOTU

Smash Hero
you weren't comboing that falcon very well, try upward juggling (with utilts, uairs, and usmashes). Also don't forget about shine comboing, falcon is very susceptible to waveshine combos. Also, a lot of times you full hopped where a short hop would have been more appropriate.

Ame$

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i realized that i´ve got a little problem with shorthopping
(short hop out of shine is a huge problem imo oO )

but as i said there are some smashers who say i should leave fox away
but im not sure cause i like fox ... -.-"

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Na, your fox isn't bad enough to drop. it just needs to see a bit more play to find out what works best. also PAL's kinda weird.

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
Correct me if im wrong, but do you use A for your nairs? they seem to be coming out a little late. To correct this you can either get to A faster or use the z button. (you want the nair to come out the second you leave the ground)

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Alright, first I just have to say, massive improvement since your first two vids (i'm not even going to comment on those) but still a few things to work on.

1. Keep working on your technical skill in general i.e. SH, LC, WD, WS SHFFL you're definitely improving but you still full jump a little to often, and you also roll too often. Any opponent who knows what they're doing will punish you for almost every roll you do.

2. Don't stationary Laser against C.Falcon; that's asking for a knee to the face.

3. Work on your mindgame. You're putting a bit too much pressure on your opponent without having the technical skill to back it up, so what it ends up looking like, is you constantly rushing in to try to batter your opponent. Sometimes you'll fare better if you just take it a little easier, and fake out your opponent, lure him into your attacks instead of predictably rushing him. Play a little defensively at times, SHL from a distance, and draw your opponent to you. This way HE will have to attack, and you can either shield grab him or dodge and punish accordingly.

Keep at it, hope this helps some. :)

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here's what I got for ya:

1) USE MORE SHORT HOPS. Period. I only saw you short hop when you were messing around after a kill. Doing the full jumps you performed leaves you wide open, especially when playing another Fox. I cannot stress enough of how much danger you put yourself in when you jump above another character carelessly.

2) You really have to work on your edge guarding man. I'm saying this in full respect. If you care enough about what I'm saying, then look back at your vid when your opponent was off the stage. I am not going to say anymore about your performance, my only advice is to look at other Fox vids (of highly experience players) and examine how they protect the egde of the stage.

Hope this didn't seem too harsh, or arrogant sounding, because after all I know I'm not the greatest smasher of all time.

Edit: This is based solely on the first vid. My advice could be of no help if you trained since it was first posted.

Top Bottom