• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fountain of Dreams/8bit Mario Bros

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
This may be my idiotic noob post but it happened to me none the less.

1. Every time I select Fountain of Dreams it puts me on that 8bit Mario Bros stage. (where the koopas come out of the tunnel and all that)

2. I am 99% this is just a problem I and a few people are having where the game crashes after the 3-2-1 countdown (as soon as you can put in any button input the game crashes) and it is followed by loud buzzing and the Wii completely freezes.

The last thing is especially annoying, I searched that up on here and on google and found no definite answer. My SD card is now doing that stupid "this card is write protected" stuff too so I can't even take the files off of it or format it. I am on my way to get a new one a start from scratch :glare:

If this is the wrong place I apologize but the second issue is killing me.

Magus420

Smash Master
Crashing after the countdown means the module for a character in the match wasn't loaded from the card (when the character was selected either it wasn't on the card, the card was out, or it failed to read).

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Crashing after the countdown means the module for a character in the match wasn't loaded from the card (when the character was selected either it wasn't on the card, the card was out, or it failed to read
so how do I prevent that? I tried multiple character combinations and none of them worked. I actually figured it was something to that effect though. I did not mess with any of the files.

And yes the switch on the SD card was not on lock. It worked fine for 10 minutes, then it started saying it was write protected even after the switch was moved and you could hear an audible click.

However, this time I'm going to get on a windows computer and use the installer. I did it from my mac last time. (hackless)

Before I go through the process again, maybe I'm not understanding what the "root" of the SD card is.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Erm. Excuse the double post but I
  • downloaded PM from windows this time
  • Used the installer
  • Used a new/fresh 2GB SD Card
  • Installer said download was complete

Game loads, I got to fight and select my characters and
Countdown 3-2-1 Freeze. Just like before :mad:

I'm at a loss at this point. I don't know what I could do any better.

EDIT:
I suppose I found a better place to ask this so I will ask again/direct myself there. thanks for the help so far. (but if anyone knows what's wrong tell me please)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It doesn't sound like you're putting P:M on your SD card properly.

I'd hop on over to the P:M IRC channel for immediate help.

Quick question: Where is your Toon Link folder? It should be here:
SD Card:\private\wii\app\rsbe\pf\fighter\toonlink

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
EDIT:
I found a solution. I'll make a thread about it later cuz I'm tired but this should help many others.

E:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter\toonlink

that exactly. I've been on IRC but unfortunately it wasn't extremely helpful.
After many, many hours reinstalling and researching. I am 90% sure that my issue is write protection on the SD card.

Please follow this:

I bought 3 new SD cards (2GB)
Whenever I use any of them on any computer, it says there is write protection
Meaning, I cannot edit or delete anything on the card
Even when I move the switch
To get around that, I have a SD (or memory card) reader
The SD reader plugs into the usb

In layman's terms, I am basically plugging in my SD into the USB port on my computer
It works fine on my computer.

The important part is this:
I can get around write protection on my computer with my SD reader

The Wii has no such option and therefore I think I am having so many complications because of Wii is using a write protected card and cannot fully access the card as long as there is write protection.

My question really is this:
Can the Wii run project M on a SD card that is write protected?

Anyone who has a working PM, please tell me if your SD card works normally in a computer. Is it always write protected or can you turn it on and off?
Does your switch on the SD card ACTUALLY turn on and off your write protection?

I think I was unfortunate enough to buy 3 broken SD cards that have permanent write protection.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
warning: Parameter 2 to audio_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.
warning: Parameter 3 to block_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.
warning: Parameter 2 to blog_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.
warning: Parameter 2 to userreference_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.
warning: Parameter 3 to locale_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.
warning: Parameter 2 to node_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.
warning: Parameter 2 to poll_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.
warning: Parameter 2 to statistics_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.
warning: Parameter 3 to system_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.
warning: Parameter 2 to tinymce_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.
warning: Parameter 2 to user_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.
warning: Parameter 2 to vbuser_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.
warning: Parameter 2 to watchdog_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.
warning: Parameter 2 to states_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.
warning: Parameter 3 to workflow_ng_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.
warning: Parameter 2 to pathauto_user() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/smashboards/releases/120620143331/public_html/news/includes/module.inc on line 386.

Top Bottom