• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Found a fairly easy way to get Customs

WwwWario

Smash Ace
So we all know we can get the Custom Specials in Classic, Special Orders, etc. by luck. I, up until now, preferred Crazy Orders, as I think it is fun and I nearly always got at least one Custom Special with each round. So I played that as long as I had gold or a ticket. That was until now.

In Classic, after discovering this trick yesterday, I've gotten a Customization item about 90% of the time before each match. How, you ask? Well, it's not the Press-Home-Until-You-See-A-Custom-Icon method. No, I found that to be way too boring for an impatient person like myself. Instead, while playing Classic Mode yesterday, I noticed the roulette wheel. And noticed something interessting - It's NOT random! Yes, it's random what icons appear where before each mach, but in fact, the wheel just keep spinning the same pattern if you understand. To put it easy, it's like a real wheel - it will go around and go back to the beginning and start over. So when I noticed this, I tried to notice where a red Custom part was on the wheel when I started the next match. It goes fast, but I noticed "Ok, so there are a couple of trophies, then two coins, then two red Custom icons". And that pattern kept repeating itself, since it is, as I said, like a wheel that goes around and around. So when the wheel got to those trophies, I noticed them, I noticed the coins, and pressed A. Bam. Custom. And guess what? This has worked, as I said, 90% of the rolls yesterday and today!!

Even when there's just one Custom part on the roulette, it's actually fairly easy to hit once you get the hang of the trick. For example, right before writing this, I played Classic and got a roulette that had Some trophies, then a couple of coins, then 3 trophies, a Gray Custom, and 1 Red custom, and something more afterwards. So I focused, noticed the trophies, noticed the coins, and when I got to those 3 trophies after that, I knew that "Here it comes". So I pressed as soon as I knew it came, and... I got it. Simple as that. I'm not saying I have super-good reaction skills. No, I'm saying that this is a trick that is VERY useful once you get the hang of it! :D You can hit everytime if you get good at it!

Of course... if this is common sense and I've missed out, then I'm sorry xD I just thought that this saves me that Home Button teqnicue or any other form of unlocking that takes years to get. Let me know if it works for you too, because it works darn well for me! ^^

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I used this quite a bit when I was completing Classic with more characters (which I still haven't finished :p), and it is a really good thing to know.

Raijinken

Smash Master
It did this on the 3DS as well, which is why I never used the home button strategy. Look for common clusters and count in your head. With decent timing, it's easy to get customs 90%+ of the time.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Yeah, it's just like the roulette wheels in Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) and Super Mario Bros. 3. And the "dice" in Smash Tour. Also the roulette that spins while loading up the eShop.

Top Bottom