• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forbidden 7?

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
The forbidden 7 are the characters that have partial data on the Brawl disc. These are Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik (probably Tetra from Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass), but the data says Sheik), Roy, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, and one whose file says pra_mai (everyone assumes this is Plusle and Minun from Pokémon, a double battle duo of electric-types).

The Plusle & Minun explanation was directed at others that read the thread, as your username suggests that you're already familiar with the Pokémon franchise.

NotGiratina

Smash Apprentice
No,It's a group of 7 incomplete and unusable characters Made during the development of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.They are:Dr.Mario,Mewtwo,Roy,Dixie Kong,Plusle and Minun(Presumably),Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik.(Don't ask me who she is,I don't know.)

And you probably could have asked the question in the 70 million other "Forbidden 7" threads.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Personally, I think the name 'The Seven Deadly Unuseables' is a better title for them. :laugh:

WarxePB

Smash Ace
The Forbidden 7 are scraps of data left on the Brawl Wii disc. Presumably, all the files contain are incomplete 3-D models, but these could be fixed with downloadable content.

Downloadable content (DLC) is feasible on the Wii, and Brawl is in fact doing it already; if your Wii is hooked up to the Net, you can get featured stages and screenshots downloaded every day (though they're deleted after 24 hours). Characters could technically be done using this system too, but there's not a lot of space on the Wii hard drive, and characters would take up a lot of space on these. But since the Forbidden 7 already have some data on the disc, it wouldn't take nearly as much data to make them fully-fledged playable characters, or even alternate costumes of already-playable characters. Thus, the Forbidden 7 have the greatest chances of becoming playable in the future.

There's also a rumor of Roy and Mewtwo becoming fully playable characters on the North American and European versions, with Japan receiving them as downloadable addons. This is just a rumor, of course.

The deciding factor will be the Game Developer's Convention (GDC) coming up this week. On Friday, Masahiro Sakurai will be giving a speech about Brawl. If there's going to be DLC in Brawl, or Roy and Mewtwo will be in the US and PAL versions, they'll announce it then.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i have a what if....

what if there is only room/size for 1 more spot on the character roster(the random button), but all 7 of the forbiden7 are avaiable for download later.. and u could only pick 1 of them

most people would want all 7 obviously, but even 1 out of the 7 would be cool, and everyones roster would be unique.. (idunno i kindo got the idea from pokemon)

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
I really hope the rumor of mewtwo and roy is true. If its true then the rest of the forbidden 7 could probably be downloadable content too. We just have to wait until friday for the gdc.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Toon Sheik - Lust
Dr. Mario - Gluttony
Toon Zelda - Envy
Dixie - Greed
Roy - Pride
Plusle & Minun - Sloth
Mewtwo - Wrath

Sounds about right, no?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Toon Sheik - Lust
Dr. Mario - Gluttony
Toon Zelda - Envy
Dixie - Greed
Roy - Pride
Plusle & Minun - Sloth
Mewtwo - Wrath

Sounds about right, no?
Shouldn't Toon Zelda and Sheik be swapped?

Even if you don't think of Mewtwo as Greed, I still want to see him cosplay as Greed.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Because we know Sakurai is absolutely going to talk about that without a doubt.
Welll, the LoZ guy is going to talk about WiiWare right before him and Sakurai is supose to talk about making smash bro characters so IF theres DLC for character Im assuming something will be said Friday.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shouldn't Toon Zelda and Sheik be swapped?

Even if you don't think of Mewtwo as Greed, I still want to see him cosplay as Greed.
Only if you are thinking Zelda is a Nympho...

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Oh good, you guys got the FMA reference. :)

But back on topic, I really hope that some of the 7 turn out to be playable. More than anything, Mewtwo deserves to Brawl more than any other character, veteran or not.

EDIT: Er, my bad. >_> Toon Zelda and Sheik should be swapped.

xigon

Smash Apprentice
I thnk that this is the coolest and most teasing thing Smash Bros. has ever done....

The forbidden 7. That is a catchy thing although. What I don't like about this, is that people will manipulate easily, even I would now how, the files and have limited edition playable character. Which i not fun.

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
So wait your saying that they were workign on the game started working on the charicters and...just left the remains on the disc? could that memory space been used to put in another fighter? Im guessing its unlikly to play as these charicters using an action replay like we did with meele cause there "incomplete".

Top Bottom