• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For those having trouble against Rosalina

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina can be a frustrating matchup for beginner Pac players, and that's understandable.
But don't fret, it's not as bad as you may think it is!

And for the full match:

Please note that this was online, which means it's not a fully accurate representation of how me or the other player can play, as there is a delay to online Sm4sh.
But hopefully this gives you a nice general idea of how to play the matchup.

IMO, the only fruit you should use is apple (when she's at kill percents), POSSIBLY galaxian when combined with hydrant, bell (typically only as a mixup, once again for kill percents), and key (which i use most of the time for this matchup).

If the Rosalina you're playing is very happy to utilize her down-b, then you want to use the hydrant to bait it out. This way it gives you openings to hit her directly or with the key. The hydrant is really great to use on her while she shields because it'll still hit luma. I think Pac is actually really good at eliminating luma fairly quickly.

I will sometimes throw the key during her down-b just so I can regrab it for z-dropping, just make sure you're close enough so you can grab it before she does.

Overall, be patient and don't just throw your fruit around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom