• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For those buying the 3DS Version will you be upgrading to the Wii U version?

For those buying the 3DS Version will you be upgrading to the Wii U version?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
I won't be upgrading. Don't even own a Wii U! WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYSSS???

R0Y

Smash Master
Yes, day 1 for both games. 3DS version will largely be a paperweight after the Wii U one comes out though.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Same as Roy the 3DS version will be good, but I love getting 4 people together in front of a 50 inch TV to Smash.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If I have a Wii U of course I will upgrade it to the Wii U! I hope I can get the console before the game releases.

Last edited:

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
If I have a Wii U of course I will upgrade it to the Wii U! I hope I can get the console before the game releases.
Maybe just MAYBE I'll upgrade to it in the long future. But I'll be with the 3DS Version for awhile.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
I will be getting the inevitable Smash Wii U bundle.

I'm also a huge Pikmin fan who's been dying to play Pikmin 3. Besides promotional stuff I haven't seen any gameplay of Pikmin 3 so it'll be a fresh and awesome experience after I'm done Smashing for days. :awesome:

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
I will be sidegrading if it is available as a Wii U bundle, since I don't own the console. Otherwise, it will be quite a while before I get the console version.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
"Upgrading"? You speak like the Wii U version is superior to the 3DS version. Weird.

No, I don't plan to buy the Wii U version when it is out.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Yes and yes. Why are there two yeses? I dunno. But a Smash Wii U bundle is totally gonna happen so that ought to be the best way for me to get one.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I probably won't.
Right now the WiiU version isn't looking too good because I'm not a big fan of it's stages. I couldn't care less about it's missing content, the stages are the things that get me not really wanting the WiiU version.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
My vote was sticking to playing the 3DS version but I may also get the Wii U for Christmas and I'll be playing that, BUT I'm not gonna stop playing the 3DS version if I get the Wii U version because honestly I cannot abondon all the cool stages on the 3DS version. Plus portable!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sticking with the 3DS version

Last edited:

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
"Upgrading"? You speak like the Wii U version is superior to the 3DS version. Weird.

Yeah, "upgrading" is a weird word. I'm home sometimes and I travel sometimes, so it'll be nice to have both! Especially when I'm home from school around Christmas, I'll need the 3DS version so I don't go through Smash withdrawal! I think both versions will call me back at times.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I will be buying both but I wouldn't call it an upgrade personally.

I'm going to mainly stick to the 3ds version actually.

R0Y

Smash Master
I will be getting the inevitable Smash Wii U bundle.

I'm also a huge Pikmin fan who's been dying to play Pikmin 3. Besides promotional stuff I haven't seen any gameplay of Pikmin 3 so it'll be a fresh and awesome experience after I'm done Smashing for days. :awesome:
Pikmin 3 was the first Wii U game I bought, was completely worth it, great game.

@ Reila Reila , pretending the Wii U version isn't technically superior and will not have more content is just fatuous. It simply isn't true and is pretty childish. Smash in front of the TV with better graphics, better visibility, probably more stages, more music, loads of control options, and optionally wired internet is going to be better, period.

You're basically saying Killer Instinct on Game Boy was as good as SNES, ("but but it has all the same characters") or SNES was as good as the arcade. It's just not true and never will be.

Last edited:

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
Neither. I wouldn't call the Wii U version an UPGRADE because it isn't superior to the 3ds version, although I will be getting the Wii U version for X-mas.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
As an avid Smash fan, I want to get the full experience from these two games. I own a Wii U and 3DS, making it easier for me to obtain both games. So I will be buying both around their releases.

If by "upgrading", you mean selling your 3DS copy for a Wii U copy, then no.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Getting both version on launch date. For the 3DS, I'll get the game digital while the Wii U version will be bought physically to fill that void in my Wii U library.

I'll play the snit out of both versions without a doubt. Though, even when the Wii U version comes out, I won't abandon the 3DS version. Plus, I can take my 3DS to so much more places than I can my Wii U.

chanchimi

Smash Rookie
Yesss, absolutely! As much as I'm going to love the 3DS version, and likely play it long after the Wii U version is released, I love Smash on home consoles.

Andromear

Smash Cadet
I will be getting the Wii u ssb 4 bundle that will probably be released near Christmas to improve ssb 4 sales. Even if there isn't a bundle I will still be getting a Wii u so I can play ssb 4 on my tv.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
quote="TryHardOliver, post: 17355630, member: 261513"]Will you be on the original or the 3DS XL[/quote]
Planning on getting an XL before Smash 3DS comes out, but for now its the original til then

Cloudx128

Smash Cadet
NNID
CloudX128
3DS FC
2509-1803-0127
Gonna get the 3ds to play the game, but then gonna get the Wii U for the Online play (my dorms dont allow for the 3ds to connect to the wifi there. ;(

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
It's not really "upgrading," I just want both versions for what they each offer over the other one. All things considered I'll probably play the 3DS version most even after I have both.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
I plan on playing both and sticking with both. Being able to take Smash with you anywhere is a pretty big deal - opens up a lot of potential for just randomly meeting other players and having at it. Also have a few friends that just have no interest in a Wii U, so there's that.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
i don't see myself doing that as KaZe_DaRKWIND said i can't justify getting one. and out of all the confirmed games coming out for the wii u, and the ones that are out, the im only interested in are hyrule warriors and some what zelda u, (not liking link's face and his hair looks watery) so i don't really want a system with just 3 games

Poogy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Poogasaurus
Absolutely. Originally I was gonna just get the Wii U version, but then went with 3DS since it comes out sooner. I figure the controls wouldnt be as great as the Wii U version, which will probably hold true, and it plays pretty well. May as well play it to tide myself over till Wii U version comes out, and use the 3DS one for spur of the moment / mobile matches.

Jiggy37

Smash Apprentice
Usually I'd rather have portability above all (e.g. I got Shovel Knight for 3DS, not Wii U), but there's one thing even more valuable to me: the Gamecube controller. I can't even imagine what it would have taken to sell me a Wii U if not for the announcement of that adapter, but now that it exists, yeah, I have to buy both versions of the game.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
"Upgrade" is not the word. They are different games. There's no superior or inferior game. They serve different purposes. One is for playing with everyone locally or individually on a big-ass screen at gatherings or all night. The other is for playing on the go, in 3D, at places you can't feasibly bring a Wii U and in the bathroom or outside or whatever you want to do.

They have different modes and different stages. There's not comparable like that.

Having said that, of course I'm getting both. I want to ALWAYS be able to play SSB at any given moment.

MrGameandBalls

Smash Apprentice
I decided that I will be buying a U in Q1 next year. My body has to be ready for Zelda U, and if there is a Smash bundle I'll get that if it's not too pricey compared to the MK8 bundle. I will love both versions, but the 3DS version may get more attention from me since it is what I'm really hyped for. But they will still be equal to me. However, when I get Zelda U , both of those games get the finger from me. XP

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
I have decided to get the 3DS version first, and if money permits me (I need the Wii U console and GC adapter >.<), I may get the Wii U version as well. I'll more than likely play my 3DS Smash more, even if that means not playing on the big screen with friends, which I do fairly often. But HD Smash and Hyrule Warriors are soooooo gosh darn tempting! :colorful:

Renji64

Smash Lord
I'll be getting it on wiiu the 3ds is to hold me over i can't wait with playing some type of smash. I'm looking forward to i don't like playing fighters serioiusly on handhelds.

Top Bottom