• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For the love of God, PLEASE use Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Haha, shadenexus18...you make me lol.

Anyway, you're pretty stupid to just take a Snake or a MK and think you'll auto win. Geez, I use characters from ALL the parts of the tier! From god to suck!
Marth, Snake (practicing because I LIKE HIM), Sonic, Falco, Mario, G&W, Bowser, Diddy Kong, Lucas, a little Ness, Kirby, Meta Knight (like him, but admittedly not good with him), and Zelda.
That's just examples, I play with others and I like them!

>_>

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Haha, shadenexus18...you make me lol.

Anyway, you're pretty stupid to just take a Snake or a MK and think you'll auto win. Geez, I use characters from ALL the parts of the tier! From god to suck!
Marth, Snake (practicing because I LIKE HIM), Sonic, Falco, Mario, G&W, Bowser, Diddy Kong, Lucas, a little Ness, Kirby, Meta Knight (like him, but admittedly not good with him), and Zelda.
That's just examples, I play with others and I like them!

>_>
Thanx bromigo. XD

Precisely! To add on what he just said, Snake and Metaknight have some really cool attributes about them that just say "Hey kid? Yeah you over hear. Psst...I have godly combos/ can glide/ can crawl walk/ etc. Pick me. ^^"

^Heh... I mean if a character pwns, then casual players/newbies/tourney players are gonna pick them non-stop. Like moths to a flame. And no offense, but there's nothing that you can do to stop them except...

PWN THEM!

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Unfortunately, that's just how it's gonna be.

I'm not complaining, it's an easy win...

Still, it's funny playing Snakes that isn't Cort's - they all suck. @_@
Not in New England...

But I know what you mean. Snakes tend to be really good, or really bad..

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Eh, either way, most top players main at least one really godly or at least a very viable character to stay ahead. So sometimes maining someone like MK or Snake is necessary if your character has a few too many heavy counters.

I just deal with this by being awesome and maining Lucario and Sheik. ^_^

And why is it that people who suck say noobs go for Ike or Pit, while people who think Ike sucks or are another form of idiot claim noobs go for Snake and MK? Have the stereotypes transitioned or are we acting like scrubs. >.<

metroid1117

Smash Master
And why is it that people who suck say noobs go for Ike or Pit, while people who think Ike sucks or are another form of idiot claim noobs go for Snake and MK?
People either advise you to go to the noob killer (Ike) or the "cheap" ones (Snake/MK).

Muahaha, I love using Ike; it's funny when you go to a tournament and people go "Whoa, there's actually a decent Ike."

On topic: the only reason to use a character is that you like the character. It's annoying when people counterpick my Ike with MK just because they think any MK can beat an Ike.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
And why is it that people who suck say noobs go for Ike or Pit, while people who think Ike sucks or are another form of idiot claim noobs go for Snake and MK? Have the stereotypes transitioned or are we acting like scrubs. >.<
From what I've seen at other Smash related forums is that...the ladies usually main Pit. They stare into his smexi sexy cute eyes and are instantly entranced by his good looks.

^ Yup! So it's not just the noobs that pick Pit. It's the chicks. Just like "Real Men Use Peach" heh..."Real Women Use Pit."

Sakki

Smash Cadet
From what I've seen at other Smash related forums is that...the ladies usually main Pit. They stare into his smexi sexy cute eyes and are instantly entranced by his good looks.

^ Yup! So it's not just the noobs that pick Pit. It's the chicks. Just like "Real Men Use Peach" heh..."Real Women Use Pit."
Don't forget his smexi legs. He's always complimented for his boy shorts :laugh:

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
to tell you the truth, I couldn't care less if someone picks a character because he's top tier and spam cheap moves with them. whatever is fun. it is a game, remember? I use the PS2 controller for Guitar Hero. anyway, beating someone who's cheap by playing differently mis very satisfying. (though then again, being cheap to beat someone who's cheap is also satisfying)

Xenophobe

Smash Rookie
to tell you the truth, I couldn't care less if someone picks a character because he's top tier and spam cheap moves with them. whatever is fun. it is a game, remember? I use the PS2 controller for Guitar Hero. anyway, beating someone who's cheap by playing differently mis very satisfying. (though then again, being cheap to beat someone who's cheap is also satisfying)
This is a competitive gaming forum, if you play for fun because it's only a game you have the wrong website. Also(everyone not you) stop crying about characters, infinates, and other things being overpowered. Here we play to win.

Azuro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THTB614
Really true post. You're not going to win all your matches just because you pick top tiers. Pick who feels the best for you. In my case, that's Lucario. :D

Jun.

Smash Lord
this thread doesn't make sense

people play winning characters because they are proven to win.....

try saying the same thing to the melee scene in its middle stages to w/e is left. If you told the community to stop playing fox and marth, they'd probably laugh at you and call you a weenie.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Jam I tend to disagree with this thread, if people want the best chance of winning they are going to play top tiers. Thats the end all be all story. Sure you can't just rely on the character you have to put SOME work into it, but if you want the best you need to choose the best. It's that simple.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
This is a competitive gaming forum, if you play for fun because it's only a game you have the wrong website. Also(everyone not you) stop crying about characters, infinates, and other things being overpowered. Here we play to win.
we don't just play to win. I think there are barely any people who get decent, continual pay from smash tourneys. and I think the people who do also like the game. winning is nothing without fun. all, I'm saying is, you want to have fun, and that's why you don't like cheap characters and play styles (I'm not addressing anybody in particular). It almost makes the game unfair, more aggravating, and tougher to win. but you must also think about the other person. I bet they're having a great time watching you kill yourself over a game that they beat you in, even though you work harder. all they do is spam Pit's side B. LOL. but seriousely, they need some fun too. if they want to be cheap and get a gay win, then let them. as you said, we play to win.

Jam I tend to disagree with this thread, if people want the best chance of winning they are going to play top tiers. Thats the end all be all story. Sure you can't just rely on the character you have to put SOME work into it, but if you want the best you need to choose the best. It's that simple.
KevinM serious?

Holy ****?

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
That's true...I've found myself terrible with most top-tiers, except meta knight, but I do pretty well with Toon Link, Shiek and Marth.
Every character has the potential to be as good as all the rest; it's just how you use them and your strategy with them.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm not saying don't play top tiers, I'm saying don't play top tiers and expect to auto-win. Fox is the best character in Melee, but who won Pound 3? Who won VLS? There are more choices out there than the top 5 characters, and while they offer the best chance for success in general, they don't offer it for everyone. The opening post was a rant, but what I'm really saying is don't be afraid to experiment; the answer may not lie in the top of the tier list for you.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
This is the reason I use Ness. Ive used him ever since Smash 64. I used him in melee....yup... and now im using him in brawl. Why? Cause I like the character, and the game he`s from. Probably my favorite RPG. I want to be good with Ness, no one else. Thats why its really hard for me to think of a secondary to VS Marth( Ike is probably my second fav, but hes horrible agaisnt marth too) everyone eles Ill just stick out with Ness.

BTW, I dont know where ness is on the tier list, and I dont care. (He deserves at least mid tier tho.)

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
In Brawl, the difference between the best and worst character are deffinetly minimal anyway.

I play as Falcon becuase F-Zero is the best freakin' racing game in the world!!! I love that series!

Ills

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is srs bsns lol

I don't really agree with this mindset because it's pure fun-eraser. I don't get how people insist how competitive gaming =/= fun.

I'm also high right now so I don't know if this is the right place to say that, or if i made sense.

elunesgrace

Smash Rookie
One thing i really hate is how my three favorite characters prior to the game coming out all ended up being on the higest teir. I've played G&W forever, I celebrated when I heard Snake was coming out, and MK suits the way I like playing smash. Now, everywhere I go people complain about them. In fact the only ones who don't complain are two of my neighbors who main Zelda and LINK! And ironically, they are the two that are consistent at beating me.

Yes, snake has high priority, yes snake can KO well, and yes snake has good mix of ranged moves. So what? He's garbage if you don't know what you're doing. A noob can't win with snake, he'll get gimped at every turn. G&W needs expert dodging abilities to stay in the lead, he is great at dishing out damage but can't really take a beating being as light as he is. I mean these are just some of the small things.

Please stop complaining that you can't beat some character based on videos and playstyles of people who play exceptionally. Its the person, not the friggin character.

Eaode

Smash Champion
To the Topic Starter:

**** you.

More Relevant: Just play whoever the hell you want. I play ROB because when I first unlocked him in Subspace he was incredibly fun to play and Unique. I had no idea he was going to be Top/High Tier (And trust me, my inner noob disliked it b/c a lot of people started using him xD).

Edit: turns out I saw the first paragraph and skipped to posting ^_^ My bad, guys.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Signed.

People should play as characters who suit their prefered style.

But I hate people who play as a character just because they want to be in advantage as well.
I HATE having to face a Wario every freakin' time i choose to play as Sonic. Just an example.

But there are no Tiers in Brawl, are there?
Yeah, there's a tier list. It's right here vvv.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Brawl is srs bsns lol

I don't really agree with this mindset because it's pure fun-eraser. I don't get how people insist how competitive gaming =/= fun.

I'm also high right now so I don't know if this is the right place to say that, or if i made sense.
Isn't it a little early for you to get high?

On TOPIC: I don't care what people say about me maining Snake cuz I plan on getting really good with him...besides MW needs a good snake anyway =/

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
This game is unbalanced as **** and if you don't pick a high tier character for tourney play it will be extremely difficult to make progress. The reason people are sticking with the top tiers is because they are all 300x easier to use then the rest of the trash below them.

Playing the char you like for friendlies and what not is perfectly fine. I like to toy around with Shiek because I think she's fun. Beyond friendlies though I have enough sense to know that trying to use Shiek competitively would be a waste of time considering I can garner the same results with half the effort by just picking up and learning MK.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Snake is not an easy character to use. He actually takes skill to become an effective tourney winning top tier.

A lot of the newbies who think that they can automatically win with Snake ends up blowing themselves up and mistiming his aerials. Seriously if the n00bs want a character that is 300x easier to use then stick to MetaKnight; Snake is not for n00bs.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I totally Agree with this thread.

If your good with someone use that person don't use Marth or Snake because they are supposedly high tier.

I believe that Every Character is a god character. they just have to be in the right hands.

Also i hate when people call me cheap for Shield>dodge>f-smash or d-smash or force palm with Lucario.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Snake is not an easy character to use. He actually takes skill to become an effective tourney winning top tier.

A lot of the newbies who think that they can automatically win with Snake ends up blowing themselves up and mistiming his aerials. Seriously if the n00bs want a character that is 300x easier to use then stick to MetaKnight; Snake is not for n00bs.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

All the top tier chars are easy as hell to use. Snake is no exception. He can control so much space and has so much range/speed if you have half a brain you can do well with him.

Prax

Smash Journeyman
I've been using Meta Knight since late March, and I constantly have to deal with people saying I'm "cheap"for using him. Don't think that every person who uses high tier characters jumped on the bandwagon. Some of use them because we genuinely like them, not just because they're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom