• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For the Earthbound fans

PKNintendo

Smash Master
THey ruined unfounded revenge. They fused it with smashing song of praise.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Never played Earthbound, but I like this song. I also like Snowman...

Why doesn't Earthbound come to the Virtual Console already!? *and Legend of the Seven Stars*

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Why did I play Earthbound without the volume? I wonder....

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman

Why doesn't Earthbound come to the Virtual Console already!? *and Legend of the Seven Stars*
GGGEEENNNOOOOOO!!!
(but enough of the fanboyism)

yes, they are two of the most requested snes games for VC. They will no doubt HAVE to put them up eventually. And being 2 of my favorite games of all time, I might swallow my pride and actually buy something off the VC.

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
Why did I play Earthbound without the volume? I wonder....
wtf lol

im a little suprised a lot of you havent played earthbound yet main ness. the game in THIS day and age for those who havent played can be seen as a little boring but back then, RPGs with linear battling were pretty much the norm, but games like chrono trigger ATB system kinda raised the bar a little bit at the time and earthbound was kinda left in the cold. ( earthbound was the first to be a little out there in their battle system befiore ATB came along. it did have the unique ...-dometer thing, i forgot what it was called, AND a great mind-****ing story [literally] )

also, earthbound had a -horrible- ad campaign

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I did play Earthbound just with no volume... And it was good.

I also wouldn't see why someone should have played earthbound to play Ness. It's the same way Lucas players Normally could never have played Mother 3.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I was hoping they would have the Onett theme in Onett, and some more battle type songs (Battle against a (insert adjective here) Foe/Opponent songs and Pokey Means Buisness, of course.)

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
I also wouldn't see why someone should have played earthbound to play Ness. It's the same way Lucas players Normally could never have played Mother 3.
haha to be honest, thats kinda why i dont bother with playing as lucas. im aware of all of his attacks attributes and propterties but i refuse to play as him "seriously" if i havent played MOTHER 3.

aka. i wanna play MOTHER 3 so bad

EDMartyr

Smash Cadet
I think I'm even a little more odd when it comes to maining Ness. I've always loved his character (I played Earthbound several times on the SNES) but I never, ever used him in any of the prior Smash Bros. games.

Brawl was the first time I used Ness and almost right away I regretted having never used him...I wonder how much better I'd be now. Oh well. I just have to make up for lost time!

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
A-so, I wish somewhere in Brawl they'd included the music that plays when you fight Negative Man in MOTHER 3...

I heard it befo'. Good stuffs.:chuckle:

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
Earthbound = Greatest Game EVER

How could they take this song out of Brawl? It's Ness' freakin theme song!!

Meccs

@Meccs_
heh, Smash Bros. was the whole reason I bought EarthBound. I used Ness a lot when I played SB64, so thought I should give his actual game a try (many years later) Been using Ness since 1999, first time I played EarthBound was end of June this year, hell, even now I'm only on (stuck) Deep Darkness. Best $60 I ever spent...

Also, Nintendo is waiting until VC sales slow down to release something that will raise sale, such as EarthBound. Greedy? yes, and it's annoying as well, but what can you do. Also, SMRPG has been released in Japan VC, so hopefully we'll see it here soon. That's the only game I'd go and buy more Wii points for...

But on an awesome note, here are all the original EarthBound tracks for anyone who's interested: http://starmen.net/mother2/music/

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Call me crazy as a loon but I would have loved it if a vocalized version of Pollyanna was in Brawl.
LOL ill just call you pollyana instead.

"I belive the morning sun....always gonna shine again...."

Im happy the instumental got in tho.

did you know they toke out the "battle against a new age retro hippie" music?!?!?!? WHY!?!?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQZDgTzkwvY

:38 secs= Nostalgia

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
LOL ill just call you pollyana instead.

"I belive the morning sun....always gonna shine again...."

Im happy the instumental got in tho.

did you know they toke out the "battle against a new age retro hippie" music?!?!?!? WHY!?!?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQZDgTzkwvY

:38 secs= Nostalgia
Actually, the New Age Hippie theme is still in Brawl but you can only hear it on the occasinal Saturday night in Smashville. You see, KK Slider's "KK Rockin'" is the same tune with a few minor changes.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Actually, the New Age Hippie theme is still in Brawl but you can only hear it on the occasinal Saturday night in Smashville. You see, KK Slider's "KK Rockin'" is the same tune with a few minor changes.
Wow, really?!?! Ive gotta brawl on saturdays more, because thats one of my fav battle themes.

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
i would've never known that smiles and tears was an actual song till i played earthbound. Heck i wouldn't even know it's name. For some reason when i was 9, i thought it was a piece from michael jackson's song.

Heal the world...... make it a better place

for you and for me and the entire human race.

don't know why i thought that XD

panique365

Smash Cadet

Amen! The Earthbound ROM is really glitchy and not worth playing on the DS, they should have in on the Vrtual Console!!!:mad:

They should also add the original Smash Bros.:chuckle: I thought they were gonna add it when Brawl was released...

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Smiles and Tears is a brilliant piece, as are most all the songs from EarthBound. more Ness mains need to play this game.

TheTomNookster

Smash Apprentice
I like that song, along with "Pollyanna" and "Humoresque of a Little Dog". They're great compositions.

the Lexx

Smash Apprentice

livan

Smash Apprentice
they are so calm i like it

n_n

but im feel bad for the game of mother 3 don't come to usa

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the boards, but remember to check the date of the above post, if the post is over 3 weeks (I think?) It's considered necroposting, which will get you a warning.

Top Bottom