• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
Finally managed to get a Lucina amiibo on ebay for a somewhat reasonable price.

By reasonable price, I mean for about 3 times the amount, but hey it's better than the $60+ deals you usually get. Success!

Smoople

Smash Rookie
NNID
Smoople
3DS FC
2062-9335-7664
That's pretty a good deal. I'm not that into amiibos but I've been considering picking up a Lucina one. The only amiibo I really care about getting is Lucas when he comes out.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
That's pretty a good deal. I'm not that into amiibos but I've been considering picking up a Lucina one. The only amiibo I really care about getting is Lucas when he comes out.
I'm sure that would also be a very difficult find if you are not able to purchase/pre-order at their time of posting.

:227:

D

Deleted member

I've looked into finding the amiibos on eBay but most of them are bids and I'll be nervous to bid because what if I don't get the amiibo and someone else does D:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I've looked into finding the amiibos on eBay but most of them are bids and I'll be nervous to bid because what if I don't get the amiibo and someone else does D:
Jaja, I see what you mean. It's part of the experience though don't worry about it. The first few times I bid on old games I lost them, but after a while you get the hang of it. Of course, you must be sure you want them and stick to the price you want to pay for them and not go over that. If you lost it because someone bid more, don't worry about it and on to the next listing.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I just finished a Marth vs Lucina with a buddy (I was Lucina). The highlight of our most recent match was when both of us caught the other running their hand through their hair in unintentional perfect synchronization with their respective character after a KO at Castle Siege. It was accidentally incredible.

D

Deleted member

Jaja, I see what you mean. It's part of the experience though don't worry about it. The first few times I bid on old games I lost them, but after a while you get the hang of it. Of course, you must be sure you want them and stick to the price you want to pay for them and not go over that. If you lost it because someone bid more, don't worry about it and on to the next listing.

I've also been told that you have to pay close attention to the time when the bid closes and that you have to literally bid in the last 5 minutes or so.
If you do bid but lose, do you still have to pay or...?
I saw a Robin amiibo on eBay that was 2 dollars but I think the bid ended already.

Smoople

Smash Rookie
NNID
Smoople
3DS FC
2062-9335-7664
I just finished a Marth vs Lucina with a buddy (I was Lucina). The highlight of our most recent match was when both of us caught the other running their hand through their hair in unintentional perfect synchronization with their respective character after a KO at Castle Siege. It was accidentally incredible.
This sounds beautiful.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I've also been told that you have to pay close attention to the time when the bid closes and that you have to literally bid in the last 5 minutes or so.
If you do bid but lose, do you still have to pay or...?
I saw a Robin amiibo on eBay that was 2 dollars but I think the bid ended already.
Nope if you lose the bid you don't have to pay. And yes, pay close attention to the time the bid closes.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
The Lucina amiibo page on Amazon recently started saying "currently unavailable", I'm becoming mildly concerned about my chances of getting myself some Robin and Lucina amiibos...

SSJHero

Smash Rookie
NNID
Heroine
I am wondering if this thread is appropriate for talking about strings/etc?

SSJHero

Smash Rookie
NNID
Heroine
I would not be able to elaborate.

But regarding the short hop into double fair not being a thing, perhaps the second fair could be side b?

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
This thread needs more fanart.
And that's how I got into Lucina.

Last edited:

SSJHero

Smash Rookie
NNID
Heroine
I just saw that video before coming to this thread. It was hilarious. Especially the Robin bit at the end. xD

Lichi

This is my war snarl
Wild suggestion time? Make her a character with a moveset of her own.

Last edited:

Lichi

This is my war snarl
Now IF only the amiibos wouldn't be so scarce and have the same price tag as figmas, which are infinitely better.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I want that game! Also, it's called IF? What does it stand for?

If is quite literally "if", as in "What if?" I think it's to emphasise the importance of choices in this game, in contrast to the relatively unimportance they were given in previous games.

Wild suggestion time? Make her a character with a moveset of her own.
But how? She even uses the same weapon as Marth, and probably uses some ancient techniques she learnt from her father, who learnt it from his father..... who learnt them from Marth. Changing her moveset would completely ruin any remaining continuity Smash has.
But here's an idea, how about we give her a projectile! Or even better, a reflector/ absorber/ projectile/ counter/ pocket all in one!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Lichi

This is my war snarl
I don't know about fire emblem lore, but the sword marth uses in smash is not lucinas falchion. Lucina wields a broader, heavier sword, and therefore should have a less fancy style and harder hitting moves. Something in between Marth and Ike would be nice.
And even if lorewise they should be identical, gameplay wise this is a stupid idea.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
They're the same sword, but separated by a few thousand years, so the appearance is different. Though I agree that a lot more could have been done to make her less clone-like.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
So the sword has been reforged, therefore it is another type of sword. Kthxbb.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Since we're on the topic, does anyone know why Marth's sword has a tipper? i.e. What do you think first inspired the developers to give his sword that property?

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
You have to be strategic in Fire Emblem; thus, you have to be strategic with the tip of Falchion.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
If is quite literally "if", as in "What if?" I think it's to emphasise the importance of choices in this game, in contrast to the relatively unimportance they were given in previous games.

But how? She even uses the same weapon as Marth, and probably uses some ancient techniques she learnt from her father, who learnt it from his father..... who learnt them from Marth. Changing her moveset would completely ruin any remaining continuity Smash has.
But here's an idea, how about we give her a projectile! Or even better, a reflector/ absorber/ projectile/ counter/ pocket all in one!!!
Yes, because fighting styles wouldn't change at all over 2000 years. Especially when taught from one generation of fighters to the next with each undoubtably making minor changes to fit their own needs.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Okay...the ancient technique thing is just grasping at straws. Also, Lucina fights like Chrom and both are shown to have...a slightly less refine style of swordplay than Marth. Marth is basically a stabber and a fencer. Lucina/Chrom is a mix of stabs and slashes (in comparison Ike is pure slashes). Also, she promotes into a class that uses lances. That's more "official" material to go off of than Marth (who never got a promotion in his games), Roy (who goes from swordlocked unit to swordlocked unit) and Ike in Path of Radiance AND Radiant Dawn where he couldn't get axes despite having the class of Hero until he became a Vanguard.

Last edited:

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Yes, because fighting styles wouldn't change at all over 2000 years. Especially when taught from one generation of fighters to the next with each undoubtably making minor changes to fit their own needs.
Okay...the ancient technique thing is just grasping at straws. Also, Lucina fights like Chrom and both are shown to have...a slightly less refine style of swordplay than Marth. Marth is basically a stabber and a fencer. Lucina/Chrom is a mix of stabs and slashes (in comparison Ike is pure slashes). Also, she promotes into a class that uses lances. That's more "official" material to go off of than Marth (who never got a promotion in his games), Roy (who goes from swordlocked unit to swordlocked unit) and Ike in Path of Radiance AND Radiant Dawn where he couldn't get axes despite having the class of Hero until he became a Vanguard.
Yeah, that's true. I take back what I said before.

Top Bottom