• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Marth fans!

Shadower

Smash Cadet
Marth needs to be in SSBB, we got sonic last week, now I am looking for the veteran fighters Gonondorf and Marth. Heck you never know Marth could change, he would still be fast, but they could do something to Fox they can now do something to marth if he was in it.

I give marth a 60-40 chance, so odds are on him.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
Wow. The reasoning of this topic just drasticly downgraded to a ant.
If you're going to post a counter argument to something, at least make a valid point, in which you state your opinion in a matter that does not impose your beliefs, but rather sways others using their own reasoning.

Also the irony of your post is amazing.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
...then its a good thing he doesn't, huh?

Zevox
Heh.....well his appearance is "Luigified." He's sporting Marth's blue hair, Marth's trendy good looks, and completely overshadows him with that awesome golden sword.

DARN YOU IKE!! And yet, Ike is still cool in my eyes. Still, DARN YOU!

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
Heh.....well his appearance is "Luigified." He's sporting Marth's blue hair, Marth's trendy good looks, and completely overshadows him with that awesome golden sword.

Jigglypuff and Kirby is about as similar Marth is to Ike in appearence.

There's also Pit and Link, who, if I heard the video correct, use almost identical voices.

Overall, I think Ike actually helped Marth's chances. Not only did it show Marth's sword as the Icon for Fire Emblem, but also that Ike is NOT a clone.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Jigglypuff and Kirby is about as similar Marth is to Ike in appearence.

There's also Pit and Link, who, if I heard the video correct, use almost identical voices.

Overall, I think Ike actually helped Marth's chances. Not only did it show Marth's sword as the Icon for Fire Emblem, but also that Ike is NOT a clone.
But but but.....

The confirmation of Ike before Marth is absolutely frightening.....it says and screams out "I'm Ike.....I look like the ultimate bad@$$.....here me roar.....and I'm replacing Marth."

It's like confirming Wario before you confirm Mario.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
But but but.....

The confirmation of Ike before Marth is absolutely frightening.....it says and screams out "I'm Ike.....I look like the ultimate bad@$$.....here me roar.....and I'm replacing Marth."

but that means nothing really. It's just order

besides Marth will probably be unlockable like last time, which means his odds of being on the site are already low.

Zevox

Smash Lord

Ike's appearance was defined in his Fire Emblem game, not in/for SSBB. And honestly, I can't see how they look alike outside of the blue hair (which is a trait shared by a number of FE Lords and even more characters throughout the series). Ike looks a little older, more battle-hardened, and wears mercenary-style clothing with leather armor, compared to Marth's youth, regality, and fine princely attire and steel breastplate.

Zevox

EPX2

Smash Ace
But but but.....

Not really, since Wario and Mario are both representing two different franchises... it's more like confirming Lucas before Ness (which has already happened). Don't look too much into it, though - that's just the way Sakurai chose to do things. And I'd say there's a pretty good chance that Marth will become a starter seeing as how Ike is one (just wouldn't make much sense for the franchise icon to be unlockable, while making other characters from FE starters).

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Not really, since Wario and Mario are both representing two different franchises... it's more like confirming Lucas before Ness (which has already happened). Don't look too much into it, though - that's just the way Sakurai chose to do things. And I'd say there's a pretty good chance that Marth will become a starter seeing as how Ike is one (just wouldn't make much sense for the franchise icon to be unlockable, while making other characters from FE starters).
Meh......I'll only be completely rest assured when Marth is confirmed by Sakurai himself. Ah!! These mindgames he's using isn't cool!!!:mad:

Okysho

Smash Ace
Ike is playable, he looks like Marth. That's all. Marth has a different moveset, the enire Fire Emblem franchise behind him (since the FE icon is HIS SWORD) and he's now also a market icon! What more prove do you need?

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Who's saying Marth is out? I think everyone agrees that it would be madness on Sakurai's part not to include the beast.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Good news: it appears the reports of Ike having a Marth-esque outfit were indeed in error. Check out the Ike sub-forum's costume thread for the discussion, but Ike has been spotted in various videos with the following outfits: a back-clothes gold-caped one that looks somewhat like his father, a green one, a blue-cape white-clothes one that looks somewhat like Sigurd (and was probably the one that was mistaken for a Marth outfit), and of course his default one. That leaves just one outfit missing, and for team battle purposes it absolutely has to be a red one, which means no Marth outfit.

Edit: I can further confirm this - in the Firsthand Impressions thread in the Brawl general discussion area, someone says that Ike's Marth outfit can be seen in the Final Smash Compilation video. The video can be seen here, and as you can see for yourself, the only alternate outfit of his in there is the Sigurd-esque one.

Zevox

Fimbulvetr

Smash Rookie
You do realise how many FE characters there are with blue hair, right? Most of the Lords have blue hair for crying out loud. It's the same stupid reasoning so many people had when they somehow figured Hector was Marth and Eliwood was his own son. The odds Marth isn't going to be in are so small it's laughable.

Frankly I'd prefer to see some FE4/5 characters. They could choose one of the other holy weapon users so they haven't all got swords. Because Sigurd's Tyrfing sword is just a slightly larger Falchion with a different hilt design, judging by the artwork.

Or better still a villain like Alvis, Zephiel or the Black Knight. Or a dragon even (FE 1, 3 and 6 had loads).

NukeA6

Smash Master
You do realise how many FE characters there are with blue hair, right? Most of the Lords have blue hair for crying out loud. It's the same stupid reasoning so many people had when they somehow figured Hector was Marth and Eliwood was his own son. The odds Marth isn't going to be in are so small it's laughable.

Frankly I'd prefer to see some FE4/5 characters. They could choose one of the other holy weapon users so they haven't all got swords. Because Sigurd's Tyrfing sword is just a slightly larger Falchion with a different hilt design, judging by the artwork.

Or better still a villain like Alvis, Zephiel or the Black Knight. Or a dragon even (FE 1, 3 and 6 had loads).
If we're having a FE 4 character, let it be Ayra or Julius. Low chances compared to the Lords, I know.

aleps

Smash Apprentice
I think Mordecia, Ranulf, Tibarn, Nasir (Path of Radiance) or so could have been good options, but they have few oportunities. They would be like a Zelda/Shiek. If they are lucky they could at least get a place as Assit Trophies but I doubt it. And about Marth, he has a lot of potential and has a great chance to be in Brawl.

Okysho

Smash Ace
I think Mordecia, Ranulf, Tibarn, Nasir (Path of Radiance) or so could have been good options, but they have few oportunities. They would be like a Zelda/Shiek. If they are lucky they could at least get a place as Assit Trophies but I doubt it. And about Marth, he has a lot of potential and has a great chance to be in Brawl.
What? Lagauz? Are you serious? We've already got a PoR Representative, We need Marth to represent the whole series and then some other characters from some of the games in between FE 3-9

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
But but but.....

Thats because Marth was an unlockable. No unlockable characters from previous games have been confirmed.

Marth, Roy, Ness, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Captin Falcon, Mewtwo, Pichu, Falco, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Mr Game & Watch are the only unconfirmed vets. Im surprised not everyone has noticed.

Okysho

Smash Ace
OMG YOU'RE RIGHT!! I never noticed that... they might just be unlockables again... which makes sense since Sakurai said that he was going to try not to show any unlockables information until long after the release of the game

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
OMG YOU'RE RIGHT!! I never noticed that... they might just be unlockables again... which makes sense since Sakurai said that he was going to try not to show any unlockables information until long after the release of the game
I had a conversation with someone, and when I mentioned that Sakurai would show all the characters in Brawl, he replied "Dude, I think it's a bad idea, Sakurai should hide the unlockables from out sights, or something like that".

I agree with his thinking, but... by far the list of starters is a little big... don't you think?

Zevox

Smash Lord
No, he didn't. In fact, in his journal, he said he wouldn't hold the characters back, because the internet would leak the surprises the day of the release (or possibly before) anyway. Besides, we know all third-parties are unlockable, yet Snake and Sonic have both been updated.

It does seem he is updating unlockables after starters, though, which makes sense, and would explain things like the delay in Metaknight's update and why veterans like Luigi and Marth are still unannounced.

Zevox

Okysho

Smash Ace
What doesn't makes sense to me is why they're announcing various characters like Lucas and Ike as representatives of a series before their origional mascots like Marth and Ness... That's what confuses me the most...

NukeA6

Smash Master
seriously... anyone know? or have any guesses?
Ninten came before Ness.

And I wouldn't be worried about Marth. Didn't you see Metaknight confirmed way before King Dedede (who was way more importance)?

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I'd be really surprised (and confused) if Marth wasn't in Brawl. The only way they would leave him out is if for some reason they wanted to piss off a lot of people.

GenG

Smash Lord
that's true... I suppose, but there's still a lot of contraversy... however... most of them tend to be sore losers who keep getting beaten by Marth
My theory is they want to make Ike and Lucas popular. If Marth and Ness were shown before them, then Ike and Lucas would be totally overshadowed.

Okysho

Smash Ace
My theory is they want to make Ike and Lucas popular. If Marth and Ness were shown before them, then Ike and Lucas would be totally overshadowed.
True, but there's also a lot of stuff going around saying that Lucas is a Ness clone, eliminating Ness from the roster... Not that I"m a NEss hater I love PK cross!

Then again... there was a lot of stuff said like that about Ike and Marth... thankfuly was disproven... however, because of this I've lost much repect for Ike...doesn't mean I hate him, means that I'll have to kick his *** a few times with marth as punishment after I unlock him...

GenG

Smash Lord
True, but there's also a lot of stuff going around saying that Lucas is a Ness clone, eliminating Ness from the roster... Not that I"m a NEss hater I love PK cross!

Then again... there was a lot of stuff said like that about Ike and Marth... thankfuly was disproven... however, because of this I've lost much repect for Ike...doesn't mean I hate him, means that I'll have to kick his *** a few times with marth as punishment after I unlock him...
Remember that those things are purely fan biased... We haven't seen any of Lucas moves because Sakurai loves to tease his fans and pulling off dramatic twists.

Please don't put the blame on Ike, he doesn't have anything to do with the haters using him as an anti Marth shield :(
I believe Ike and Marth can work together!

Okysho

Smash Ace
Remember that those things are purely fan biased... We haven't seen any of Lucas moves because Sakurai loves to tease his fans and pulling off dramatic twists.

Please don't put the blame on Ike, he doesn't have anything to do with the haters using him as an anti Marth shield :(
I believe Ike and Marth can work together!
Yeah I know, doesn't mean I can't hold a temporary grudge until about 2 days after I get the game.

Personally, more than anything right now, I want to go on wifi and beat the hell out of all the Marth haters who'll use Ike beacuse they got their ***** handed to them on silver platters in melee by Marth... that's the only real gdudge I have against Ike... is that he'll be in the hands of Marth haters

NukeA6

Smash Master
Yeah I know, doesn't mean I can't hold a temporary grudge until about 2 days after I get the game.

Personally, more than anything right now, I want to go on wifi and beat the hell out of all the Marth haters who'll use Ike beacuse they got their ***** handed to them on silver platters in melee by Marth... that's the only real gdudge I have against Ike... is that he'll be in the hands of Marth haters
The Ridley fans must be thinking the same.

Okysho

Smash Ace
The Ridley fans must be thinking the same.
probably, however as much as I like ridley and would have been all for him being playable, with the first update about bosses on the dojo, I lost all hope for ridley being playable and saw him as a boss... though I'd still like to see him playable, the fact that he'll be made a boss is much higher...

GenG

Smash Lord
I honestly hope the next Smash Dojo's update is Marth.
I think it's not about time for FE to show Marth (the same for MOTHER). There's a clear pattern in the DOJO about showing the main characters of the popular franchises first.

That's why we have 3 Mario reps, 3 Kirby reps, and I think we'll see the third Zelda rep or the second Star Fox rep.

But I honestly would have him up there just to piss all of those haters.

Top Bottom