• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For ign lovers and review watchers

Circle_Breaker

Smash Journeyman
Matt doesn't really know **** about Smash brothers, one of his main complaints was that Pikachu's thunder was overpowered. I mean, even if it was (lol) the system of damage and knockback reduction should negate that. He's pretty ignorant about Smash, and in the podcast they basically had a little circlejerk where they were like "I never got into the wavedashing and all that kind of stuff" where they clearly had no idea what they were even talking about.

Killer Tree

Smash Journeyman
eh...I'm guessing either a 9.4 or a 9.5....

Ign has become a lot tougher with their reviews. for example:

Halo 1 got a 9.7.
Halo 2 got a 9.8.
Halo 3 got a 9.5, even though they specifically said in the review that it was better than its predecessors in every way.

So I don't think Brawl will score higher than Melee, unfortunately. But I could be wrong.

Being better than Pong doesn't make a game a 10 even though Pong was a 10 at the time.

spindash

Smash Ace
its here!! erm 9.5, what a bad score
Bad score?! XDDD I mean, hey, Melee somehow got 9.6/10, but that was because it was being reviewed for it's time! But 9.5 is **** good. Only two decimals of a number away from Mario Galaxy?

Not every game could have perfect 10's across the board, and I am very happy with 9.5/10. Says a hell of a load better then what other games can say.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Brawl must be better. But then 9.5 is a great score. Better than that stupid 9.3

spindash

Smash Ace
If you honestly complain about this score. You're an idiot.
THANK YOU! XD

What I particularly enjoyed about IGN's review and giving it a 9.5/10? We may disagree about the SSE, but even then they weren't even that negative about it. They are VERY correct though, Matt and Mike. Subspace Emmisary is alright, but you shouldn't buy the game just for this. Buy it for the multiplayer experience.

And DARN right it gets a 10/10 for sound! An Editor's Choice Award from IGN is quite the honor as well.

Be proud, you guys. While they expressed their opinions, it wasn't shallow ones. Good show, I say! Melee got 9.6 because that was the score it deserved in it's time in 2001. Brawl deserves a 10/10 in my opinion, but anyone who thinks that 9.5 is bad? HA!

That's all I have to say. Wicked awesome review. Wouldn't stop me from buying the game if it was bad, but in either case, a great review. ^^

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Well I thought SSE was freaking brillant, but the story was a little too crazy for my taste. But the cutscenes are simply awesome.

MoMoney

Smash Rookie
Here comes the onslaught of Melee is better than Brawl comments and arguements over what? A tenth of a point?...
Are you seriously ********? People have the right to argue at least in this country, I'm assuming you live in a mudhut. IGN scores have always been the same an as long as there is a difference, there IS a difference , don't care how small. I was mad with Brawl score, it just doesn't compete with Melee, and now theres some noob trying to rationalize Brawl is Better? Give me a break noob. It amazes me how many ******* are on this forum, you included.

Darkraid said:
Brawl must be better. But then 9.5 is a great score. Better than that stupid 9.3
Obviously not a very good melee player.

RedrappeR said:
If you honestly complain about this score. You're an idiot.
If you honestly can't see the difference between Melee and Brawl, you're an idiot.

spindash said:
THANK YOU! XD

What I particularly enjoyed about IGN's review and giving it a 9.5/10? We may disagree about the SSE, but even then they weren't even that negative about it. They are VERY correct though, Matt and Mike. Subspace Emmisary is alright, but you shouldn't buy the game just for this. Buy it for the multiplayer experience.

And DARN right it gets a 10/10 for sound! An Editor's Choice Award from IGN is quite the honor as well.

Be proud, you guys. While they expressed their opinions, it wasn't shallow ones. Good show, I say! Melee got 9.6 because that was the score it deserved in it's time in 2001. Brawl deserves a 10/10 in my opinion, but anyone who thinks that 9.5 is bad? HA!

That's all I have to say. Wicked awesome review. Wouldn't stop me from buying the game if it was bad, but in either case, a great review. ^^
Music is nothing if you can't compare to game play. This is the wii we're talking about, not a ps3. Confused?

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
Are you seriously ********? People have the right to argue at least in this country, I'm assuming you live in a mudhut. IGN scores have always been the same an as long as there is a difference, there IS a difference , don't care how small. I was mad with Brawl score, it just doesn't compete with Melee, and now theres some noob trying to rationalize Brawl is Better? Give me a break noob. It amazes me how many ******* are on this forum, you included.

If you honestly can't see the difference between Melee and Brawl, you're an idiot.

Music is nothing if you can't compare to game play. This is the wii we're talking about, not a ps3. Confused?
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Good Job making yourself look oh so ignorant.

Papapaint

Just your average kind of Luigi.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
U're right I;m not that good because I'm quite new to smash. But I think brawl will be much better. I agree with IGN about the roster. It's great, but still disappointing.

Marzy

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think the score is perfect, 9.5 is an amazing score!

I haven't had the chance to read the review yet, but I'll be sure to read it later.

MoMoney

Smash Rookie
............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Good Job making yourself look oh so ignorant.
How because Melee has better characters, better stages, and better moves? I think u'd best look at yourself, sir.

This is what I truly believe, if you really want to censure things and only allow things that agree with you and you're only smart enough not to contribute USEFUL information, then don't post. You should, go back to Brawl Central. They'll re- accept you.

Rash

Smash Ace
They nitpicked the online....

Honestly, what's actually missing from Brawl's online modes? Would it really have been necessary to include a lot of junk that people aren't going to use? Hell, we were lucky to get certain Stadium modes online. Who actually thought the multiplayer would go beyond just mainly being straight-up Brawls, in all honesty?

As I see it, Friend Codes are the only sensible thing to complain about.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
A tad too low for my liking (0.5, to be exact) but the review itself is very well written. I think history will look back in puzzlement at why one of the greatest games ever was nitpicked so (kinda like giving OoT or the original SMB a 9.5) but its nice to see that they agree the multiplayer is spectacular.

On a scale of 7 to 9.5, I give IGN an 8.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
How because Melee has better characters, better stages, and better moves? I think u'd best look at yourself, sir.

This is what I truly believe, if you really want to censure things and only allow things that agree with you and you're only smart enough not to contribute USEFUL information, then don't post. You should, go back to Brawl Central. They'll re- accept you.
You're a fool, Brawl has every character that was in Melee except for Mewtwo, Roy, Dr Mario and Pichu. Besides Brawl has MORE characters. Young Link became Toon link so he's pretty much still in, in that form.
A stage builder
Superior Visuals
A kick *** adventure mode
Tons of unlockables
An amazing soundtrack(One of the biggest ever)
From the looks of it quite amazing gameplay Half of the stages in Melee return in Brawl.
Better moves? are you nuts? Brawl kicks Melee's *** in that department.
Quit lying to yourself.

Rash

Smash Ace
Apparently the game has a long front-load and also some serious load times during the SSE. I guess that everything they've packed into this game really took it's toll, eh?

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Apparently the game has a long front-load and also some serious load times during the SSE. I guess that everything they've packed into this game really took it's toll, eh?
Don't matter to me, i'll get Brawl and enjoy every bit of it.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was a decent review and about what I expected from IGN. I knew there would be some nitpicking and things they didn't like, but I thought it was alright.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Well, this means Gamespot will have to give it an 8.5 in order to maintain their reputation as attention whores

Top Bottom