• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Glory Gaming: Patch 1.1.0 Character Exhibition

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

The recent 1.1.0 patch has left many players learning each characters ins and outs again and measuring up their potential in the current meta. Thanks to the fine efforts of many Smashboards users the community patch notes for the game have been created and are quite extensive. Some prefer visual examples over text however and for those folks For Glory Gaming has made this video to showcase what characters can do after the patch. Give it a watch and increase the knowledge of Smash!

SmashCapps hopes that players have been enjoying the changes from the most recent patch. Feel free to discuss thoughts on the patch by following him on Twitter.

Kotastic

Smash Ace
NNID
Kotastic
3DS FC
3368-4107-1072
It's just amazing how dedicated the Smash community is against all odds with very unfavorable circumstances. Keep it up all!

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
"What? there wuz an update?"

:samus:.....

Said Samus.....

Last edited:

Abaasy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Abaasy
The patches are definitely the things that make this game better and better!

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
These could have clearer presentation. I had to pause to read the left hand panel before watching the gameplay, and even then it wasn't always clear what they were addressing and when. Having shorter snips of text appear next to relevant gameplay would help the viewer more directly connect the balance changes to the in-game footages.

Didier337

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-5843-4940
Good to see Nintendo showing some love to their characters.Though there are things I feel could have been changed for the better,this is a good start.Baby steps now

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nice video, I really there's a video that really compares the patch difference.

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
They didn't nerf Lucario. This is good for me.

Wes762

Smash Cadet
NNID
wes762
Here's what I want to say to Sakurai/Nintendo: Stop making balance patches. You should've made them before you released the game.

Thanks for letting me have a little rant there :laugh:

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Here's what I want to say to Sakurai/Nintendo: Stop making balance patches. You should've made them before you released the game.
You act like he didn't make balance patches before the game came out.

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
mfw they didn't buff Samus.
Mfw the moves Mii Gunner took from Samus are better (Up Smash/d-tilt)
Mfw I short hop and nair/bair/zair goes over everyone's head
Mfw Up-Smash goes over everyone's head
Mfw F-smash hits the sourspot/doesn't hit at all
Mfw dair hits the sourspot/doesn't hit at all
Mfw none of her throws combo consistently and they all do mearge damage and have literally no use besides a superbly average down-throw that is extremelly unreliable
Mfw up-air fails to hit correctly because a lot of the move doesn't pull you in unlike every other mutlihit move in the game
Mfw Super Missiles don't kill Mewtwo at 220%
Mfw Villager grabs my super missile and I die
Mfw Screw Attack has no range when used on the ground
Mfw jab doesn't combo, and I get punished for attempting to jab someone
Mfw f-tilt has no use, except as a subpar spacing tool
Mfw unlike Link, Mario, Kirby and Pikachu, Samus gets no textured alts and has the same recolours from Brawl BUT ZSS GETS 2
Mfw ZSS is potentially the best character in the game and Samus can't even link her jab

MY FACE WHEN SAKURAI SAID SAMUS WAS THE BEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME WHEN THE GAME ITSELF ENCOURAGES YOU TO EXPLOIT HER TERRIBLE JAB, WHICH IS THE CROWN SHE WEARS ON HER THRONE OF ABUDNANT WEAKNESSES

Last edited:

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Came for the buffs. Stayed for the flashy combos some of the characters were doing. I need more Greninja practice lol.

Fingers crossed for Peach getting some love next patch.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Finding and verifying character changes is a pain, but we've gotten very good at it. There's a lot of buffs that characters got in the first few patches that we simply didn't know or couldn't prove were there. Now we can make our write ups with greater accuracy with the help of datamining and video evidence.

Though there is one thing we can't prep for. The day where Marth, Charizard, Palutena, Donkey Kong, Zelda and every Mii Fighter finally have to have their IV fluid of buffs taken out. Link got no buffs this time and wow it's annoying to listen to players who feel their character was left out. As if the roster doesn't include over 50 characters to be considered. I don't know why your character wasn't touched or why X top tier wasn't touched just please stop passive aggressively spamming in the patches thread. We have sub forums for each character for a reason - go complain over there.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Zelda's changes are very welcomed. I think all I'd like to see now is no free fall on din and better approach options. She's slow. So despite being defensive with a mix of offensiveness(that's easy to punish both), she's not scary to fight.

Basically, Zelda is babby's 1st opponent.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Holy Palutena, this is SO BASED. This does so much work for the community. For a lot of people, patch notes just aren't very convincing or they don't excite people much. But to have things shown on video is a different thing! Also I love how much time they spent into this -- for example for Lucina they were doing some fox trotting / dash dancing / perfect pivoting to REALLY show the potential out there. Thanks!

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Would like to finally see some love for Samus, Jiggly, and D3.
Jigglypuff is good where she is.
D3 is decent without any buff, really. Just use him properly and there's no problem.
Samus on the other hand...ever tried spamming projectiles over and over again?

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I'm not worried about Samus. I'm sure she will receive something eventually in future patches. A lot of characters that got "neglected" before finally ended up getting something.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Nice to see buffs to Fox, Charizard, and WFT. Three characters I played quite a lot but all of them were pretty bad.

AaronSMASH

Smash Apprentice
Mfw the moves Mii Gunner took from Samus are better (Up Smash/d-tilt)
Mfw I short hop and nair/bair/zair goes over everyone's head
Mfw Up-Smash goes over everyone's head
Mfw F-smash hits the sourspot/doesn't hit at all
Mfw dair hits the sourspot/doesn't hit at all
Mfw none of her throws combo consistently and they all do mearge damage and have literally no use besides a superbly average down-throw that is extremelly unreliable
Mfw up-air fails to hit correctly because a lot of the move doesn't pull you in unlike every other mutlihit move in the game
Mfw Super Missiles don't kill Mewtwo at 220%
Mfw Villager grabs my super missile and I die
Mfw Screw Attack has no range when used on the ground
Mfw jab doesn't combo, and I get punished for attempting to jab someone
Mfw f-tilt has no use, except as a subpar spacing tool
Mfw unlike Link, Mario, Kirby and Pikachu, Samus gets no alts and has the same recolours from Brawl BUT ZSS GETS 2
Mfw ZSS is potentially the best character in the game and Samus can't even link her jab

MY FACE WHEN SAKURAI SAID SAMUS WAS THE BEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME WHEN THE GAME ITSELF ENCOURAGES YOU TO EXPLOIT HER TERRIBLE JAB, WHICH IS THE CROWN SHE WEARS ON HER THRONE OF ABUDNANT WEAKNESSES
Her down throw combos are probably the most reliable in the game.

Mfw you're probably just bad

D

Deleted member

Mfw unlike Link, Mario, Kirby and Pikachu, Samus gets no alts and has the same recolours from Brawl BUT ZSS GETS 2
Uh, Samus has 2 new cool recolors that weren't in Brawl - the light suit and Dark Samus. They're probably the only good thing she got in the transition to SSB4 apart from her buffed Charge Shot.

bibbit

Smash Rookie
NNID
pew pewwwww
3DS FC
3196-2893-6438
Her down throw combos are probably the most reliable in the game.

Mfw you're probably just bad
Her down throw followups can easily be airdodged by most characters.
It's not a terrible throw, and if you get a dodge read you can punish, but it is by no means reliable.

Not to mention, out of that giant list of things that suck about Samus, that's pretty much the only one that can be argued with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom