• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Glory 3 results thread/Shout outs!

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
For Glory 3 was a massive success! 55 individual entrants for Smash 4 singles and 17 teams for an amazing tournament!

I'm still missing a lot of characters to names, if people could just list the placing and any character I missed I would really appreciate it and i'll edit the character heads in.

Smash WiiU 1vs1 (55 entrants)

1: TLOC | Denti:4diddy::4sheik:
2: FlipHop:4diddy:
3: Iggy:rosalina:
4: Leaf:4pikachu:
5: Dao:4diddy:
5: Aerolink:4palutena:
7: Wizma:4yoshi:
7: Zro:4mario:
9: BC:4villagerf:
9: Mr. 3000:4sonic:
9: T-Rex:4megaman:
9: Opelousai:4diddy:
13: SaSSy:4rob:
13: Tipy:4tlink:
13: Crawfish:4marth:
13: Zura:4falcon:
17: Gamma:4dk:
17: Mattatat:substitute:
17: TVBlaze:4yoshi::4luigi:
17: Ojih-Sama:4falcon:
17: ToT:4wario::4dedede:
17: LilCross:4luigi:
17: Fric:4megaman:
17: Nanasuki:4zelda:
25: JimJam:4olimar:
25: Frockett:4ness:
25: SudoBlu:4pacman::4tlink:
25: Pachi:4sonic:
25: Slip:4alph:
25: Gimme:4yoshi:
25: Krebs:4shulk:
25: Zega:substitute:
33: Gobi:4diddy:
33: Neku:substitute:
33: Ty:4bowser::4littlemac:
33: XRay:4sheik:
33: Faira:substitute:
33: Gilbert:4falcon:
33: Syknis:substitute:
33: Daddy:substitute:
33: unpronuncyashun:substitute:
33: Slim:substitute:
33: Lightsplay:4myfriends::4diddy:
33: Fellini:4ness:
33: Branc:4rob:
33: Shiddy:substitute:
33:Inca:4mario:
33: Razmus:4greninja:
49: Ragetoast:4gaw::4falcon::4link:
49: Tatum:substitute:
49: Genn:4dk:
49: NTP:substitute:
49: Pink:substitute:
49: Oscar:substitute:
49: Nebula:substitute:

Smash WiiU 2vs2 (17 teams)
1: TLOC | Denti+ Leaf :4diddy:+:4pikachu:
2: Team Asia (FlipHop+RT) :4diddy:+:4lucario:
3: Zro+Dao:4mario:+:4diddy:
4: Aerolink+Iggy:4palutena:+:rosalina:

5: The Good Guys (Mr. 3000+T-Rex) :4sonic:+:4megaman:
5: Insert Team Name Here (Tot+Pachi):4wario:+:4sonic:

7: Team Seaslug(Nanasuki+Genn):4zelda:+:4dk:
7: Xray+Fellini:4sheik:+:4ness:

9: BC+Krebs:4villagerf:+:4shulk:
9: Gobi+SaSSy:4diddy:+:4rob:
9: King+Gimme:4ness:+:4yoshi:
9: Branc+Ty:4rob:+:substitute:

13: Cutie Pie:substitute:+:substitute:
13: Esteban:substitute:+:substitute:
13: Razmus+LightsPlay:4greninja:+:4myfriends::4diddy:
17: Wombo:substitute:+:substitute:
General:

Any help filling in Singles and Doubles is much appreciated. Not necessarily needed but appreciated nonetheless. I can edit in anything I missed, which as you see is a fair amount.
The matches recorded on the "stream" set up and on Krebs Wii U will be put up on youtube in a timely manner and posted on the Houston thread and on the Houston Smash 4 Facebook page
Shoutouts below in the comments! Thanks to everyone for coming to the Dojo and making it a great time!

Event Page:http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-...-a-melee-pm-wii-u-the-woodlands-texas.375201/
Houston SWF thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/houston-thread-please-read-post-4555-it-is-important.344694/
Houston Smash 4: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HoustonSmashbros4/
Challonge brackets:
Singles- http://challonge.com/FG3WiiUSingles
Doubles- http://challonge.com/FG3WiiUDoubles

Last edited:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Lightsplay used Ike and Diddy
Razmus used Greninja
Mr. 3000 used Sonic
T-Rex used Mega Man
All of those are for Singles AND Doubles.
I played Wizma but I don't remember a single thing about the match :(

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
First Shoutouts!

@ Denti Denti Thanks for coming out to our monthly with @ AeroLink_the_SoulMaster AeroLink_the_SoulMaster and @Iggy
@ Fliphopper Fliphopper As usual putting Houston on your back! Keep it up!
@ Leaf. Leaf. Even though you went to the darkside, thanks for coming out and playing really well! Your Pikachu brings the hype
@dao Quickly becoming a huge threat in Houston! Cant wait to see you play some more!
@Zro you and Weegee need to MM for best Mario in Houston!
@BC. like i said during the tournament, even though i got destroyed our Villager ditto was really fun and hype! Most fun i've had playing this game!
@Opelousai thanks for coming out to the Dojo! It was good seeing you and talking with you as always!
@SASSY @Gobi Bojangles @Branc @Ty @WhoeverElseCameFromAustin Thank you for coming out and showing support for our scene! Austin is on the come up, keep working hard. Ill be sure to come out to yalls first monthly!
@MapleSyrup I believe this is Tipy, well good seeing you again man! Stay with Tink!
@ Crawfish Crawfish Marth.... in top 13?!?!? madness....
@ gamma1 gamma1 making Dk look so good haha GG's
@ TVBlaze TVBlaze One day we will Yoshi ditto in Bracket! Good job!
@TOT Didnt get to watch any of your matches sadly... are yall playing friendlies?!?!?:mad:
@Lilcross You were getting crazy hype the whole time good job!
@Pachi Next time we gotta play some friendlies!
@Krebs F you and your BS win in our MM....

To everyone else GG's all around!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Good stuff, doubles was fun.

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
sudoblu played pacman and tink in our match. he played robin a lot in friendlies. idk who all he used in tourney.

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
I also used Captain Falcon and Link. S/O to that little mat in the corner that was comfy as ****. I took a nap on it.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Dallas taking two out of top 3 spots.. smh. Good job to Flip, Leaf, and BC though.

S/o to Mora for hosting a well-sized tourney. Making moves as a TO man, props.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Great turnout. Making Houston look REALLY appealing in terms of smash events. Excellent work, Alex/Devin.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
image.jpg

Shoutouts to Devin aka @Krebs for LOSING to a LOW TIER in our 10$ MM. Not only were you the WORST player I have EVER decided to DECIMATE (with EASE), you also tried to pay me with your GRANDMA'S 10$ bill. What a DISGRACE!!!!

I am the best SAMUS in Tx
Best TO in Tx
Best TO player in Houston

SUCK IT, BOI!!!!

#iAmLegend

Last edited:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGX5iN0jK9U
My video was uploaded, you can see various highlights and see the venue and stuff here! It was a lot of fun.

Dallas taking two out of top 3 spots.. smh. Good job to Flip, Leaf, and BC though.

S/o to Mora for hosting a well-sized tourney. Making moves as a TO man, props.
I tried, it was last hit for me to stop him. D:
Rosaliiiiiiiina whyyyyyyyy

Shoutouts coming up later tonight or probably tomorrow or next week.

TVBlaze

Smash Rookie
I also Used Luigi. Wizma Used Ness pretty sure. Gilbert Used C. Falcon and Ojih Sama used C. Falcon

Last edited:

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
also I know I did it in the last thread but s/o and aerolink and zro
the salt had me like

Last edited:

TVBlaze

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts
@ Leaf. Leaf. Really proud of you getting 4th in singles. You're still a scumbag for dropping me IN LINE to team with Denti, but still at least you got that Monayy.
@ alex mora alex mora 25th? Come on man you gotta rep yoshi a little harder. We should do double Yoshi sometime in doubles.
@Krebs I'm really sorry about timing you out, but I was trying to win and was VERY unfamiliar with that match up. I'll just go Luigi next time.
@ Denti Denti Thanks for the games. Not too happy with how I did against you, but I got some decent kills. Working my way up.
@ Xyro77 Xyro77 Thanks for playing me again, gonna try again next chance I get. I WILL beat this Samus.
@ Fliphopper Fliphopper Really need to play you in some offline friendlies. Need to grind some more Diddy Experience.

GG's everyone was a lot of fun. I'll try to make it out to the next one.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Shoutouts
@ alex mora alex mora 25th? Come on man you gotta rep yoshi a little harder. We should do double Yoshi sometime in doubles.
yeah i gotta start taking smash 4 a little more seriously. barely have been practicing the last month. Double Yoshi sounds fun. If Leaf ever ditches you again you got your man right here for teams

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Shoutouts!

Team Asia - RT! You did great. You carried me as much as I carried you at times. We did pretty good considering we never teamed prior to the tournament! That team AURA is too STRONK. Let's celebrate by eating some Fu Fu!

----------------

Singles
1: TLOC | Denti:4diddy::4sheik: - Great matches bro. Definitely punished me for every mistake I played. Great counter to my aggressive nature. Till next time!
2: FlipHop:4diddy: - Solid placing again! Hopefully will keep the trend up moving forward into January. Will you go to Apex and represent HOU?
3: Iggy:rosalina: - Great Mega Man and Rosalina! First time to ever face ya. You had some solid spikes and set ups throughout our sets!
4: Leaf:4pikachu: - Great stuff on your placing! Solid vlog from the tournament as well. Intense set between us too!
5: Dao:4diddy:- DAOOOOOOOOO. Great stuff man. The suicide against Leaf was unfortunate, but you're always a great sport. Good times seeing ya.
5: Aerolink:4palutena: - The one friendly we had was amazing. Love the Palutena! We should face each other again sometime!
7: Zro:4mario: - My boy ZRO! Good stuff on your placing with MARIO. Always a threat no matter who you face. Good seeing ya!
9: BC:4villagerf: - Great tourney run. You ALMOST had the Rosalina/Villager matchup on Game 1 against Iggy but came up short. You should stick to one main if you can.
9: Mr. 3000:4sonic: - One of the Early HOBO Gods came from the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to wreck havoc on everybody? Great catching up and seeing you bro. Your sonic is still nasty as it was in Brawl. Hope to see you in future tournaments!
9: T-Rex:4megaman: - Also One of the Early HOBO Gods coming out of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to wreck havoc on everybody? As I said to 3000, always a pleasure seeing you guys. Great catching up! Unfortunate that we didn't get to face each other in friendlies. Would love to see that MEGA MAN!
13: Tipy:4tlink: - Good seeing ya!
13: Crawfish:4marth: - I saw you, but I didn't get a chance to say hi! Every time I see you now, I'll think of your FB avatar. Good stuff!
17: TVBlaze:4yoshi::4luigi: - Great stuff against Denti. Always use every match as a stepping stone to improve. Keep up the Yoshi!
17: Ojih-Sama:4falcon: - Ojih Bobby Johnson! I might've said your first part of your name wrong but oh well. Good seeing ya with those WHEAT THINS THO.
17: ToT:4wario::4dedede: - Good seeing ya ToT!
17: LilCross:4luigi: - Great stuff at the tournament bro. You get me so hype when you get hype from our matches! Hope to face ya more on WIFI and local tournaments!
25: Pachi:4sonic: - Good games bro! :D.
25: Krebs:4shulk: - Good seeing ya again. Hopefully I can attend the next GFC tournament!
49: Ragetoast:4gaw::4falcon::4link:- Good facing ya in the very beginning of the tournament!

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
This For Glory had such a wonderful turnout. Shout outs to the Dallas crew that came down for it. It was honestly a big surprise to me, but always good to see out of city people show up.

1. Denti - Props to winning man. I'm sure it made it worth the trip.

4. Leaf - You did really well. Glad you made it so far. Keep it up

5. Dao - "But good things come to those who wait
Cause she laid me
And mom and dad possess the key - instant slavery
No need explain the plan no need to even bother
I'll pack my bags I swear I'll run - wish my friends were 21"

Next time I'ma come up to your match and start singing for ya. haha. Fun playing friendlies with you. But man, that match against Leaf tho

9. T-Rex and Mr.3000 - I haven't heard those names in a long time. I wasn't even playing when you guys were around so I never actually saw yall before, only heard the names. So stoked that yall could make it out.

25. Krebs - "A vision". I'm still laughing about the guy that had to leave and let you win. lolololol

49. Ragetoast - Keep coming out to tourneys man. Takes alot of practice but it's well worth it to get better.

S/O to xyro showing up randomly and stomping Krebs. Keep these tournaments coming Alex, they're alot of fun.

Last edited:

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
I used megaman in singles along with rosa, aerolink and I used megaman + diddy in doubles as well.

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
25. Slip :4alph:
25. JimJam :4olimar:
33. Ty :4bowser::4littlemac:
49. Genn:4dk:

7. Team SeaSlug (Nanasuki + Genn) :4zelda:+:4dk:

I had lots of fun at this tourney. Only depressing thing was that I had to face 2 of my friends, knocking one out at the very beginning and getting knocked out by Mr. 3K... lol. I wish I'd gotten to play Aerolink, Leaf, or Denti to see how I stack up at the moment with their levels of epic.

At least I did get some awesome friendlies in as well. Good games, Xyro, Krebs, and LilCross ^_^ My Zelda is always hungry for challenges. :4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda::4zelda:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I suggest a cap for future tournaments or a new venue. It's clear that the venue was packed, and I'm sure more people would have showed up if they had the time.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
I suggest a cap for future tournaments or a new venue. It's clear that the venue was packed, and I'm sure more people would have showed up if they had the time.
im discussing new things with jaden about maybe switching venues to a place down the street or in spring with more room/monitors/internet. ill keep you guys posted.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
I'm already going to start alternating the two instead of running them both. January will be melee, February will be PM etc etc. Or just drop pm altogether because that game sucks.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
Looking forward to the next one, and will get the entire day off from work so I wont have to forfeit again.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Seriously, Texas is the best for actually including characters in the results. Well done to the TO!

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Will this get Melee and Project M results too? We have PRs for both and I got top 3 in those too ; D
I can make one if you really need it. I can also give you the challonge brackets if that works
Where are the Houston or Texas PRs? I would like to see those.
They are posted on here somewhere ill try to find the link for you. The Tier list Mouf (James bunker on facebook) posted on the Houston melee page accurately reflects the state of the scene right now. Im talking to him atm about making an official one.

AirFair

Marth tho
They are posted on here somewhere ill try to find the link for you. The Tier list Mouf (James bunker on facebook) posted on the Houston melee page accurately reflects the state of the scene right now. Im talking to him atm about making an official one.
Yeah, I saw that post, but it just needs more players.

Top Bottom