• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Glory 2! Houston, Tx. 11/8/2014.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
@ alex mora alex mora finished TOing his 2nd For Glory tournament here in Houston (tx) and this one was bigger than the last! Keep it up dude!!!!! I am making this thread for him because he is not familiar with SWF yet. If i have anyone's characters wrong, please tell me and ill adjust it.

1vs1

1: FlipHop:4diddy:
2: Sync:4greninja:
3: AvoiD:4littlemac:
4: Zori:4megaman:
5: Blue Bird:4luigi:
5: Tipy:4tlink:
7: Nidak:4littlemac:
7: Asa:4ness:
9: Taro:4zss:
9: Pachi:4sonic::4shulk:
9: NK:4peach:
9: Leaf:4pikachu:
13: BC:4villagerf:
13: Gnes:4darkpit::4lucina:
13: Gamma:4falco:
13: Bonren:4bowser::4mario:
17: RT:4lucario:
17: G-Wolf:4falco::4charizard:
17: Kite:4mario:
17: BVR:4fox:
17: Weegee:4mario:
17: StrawHat :substitute:
17: Gea:4dk:

2vs2

1: AvoiD+BlueBird:4littlemac:+:4luigi:
2: Gea+RT:4sheik:/:4dk:+:4lucario:
3: FipHop+Leaf:4diddy:+:4pikachu:
4: Gnes+Zori:4darkpit:+:4megaman:
5: Taro+G-Wolf:4zss:+:4charizard:
5: Sync+Nidak:4greninja:+:4littlemac:
7: BC+Pachi :4villagerf:+:4megaman:
7: BlindSpot+Keebs:4charizard:/:4sheik:+:4littlemac:

Other

For Glory 2 tournament discussion page
Challonge 1vs1 bracket
Challonge 2vs2 bracket
Houston Thread

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Here are the rest of the upcoming Houston smash 4 events for the remainder of the calendar year! Please show up to these excellent event and get some tasty PR points, cool new friends, delicious smash 4 practice and some extreme fun. I hope to see you all at these events :)

GFC 2
11/14/2014
Jersey Village

SWF tournament page
http://smashboards.com/threads/nov-...mash-3ds-tournament-jersey-village-tx.375291/

The Road to TGC 2
12/6/2014
Houston

SWF tournament page
http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-...-2-free-food-free-venue-houston-texas.370613/
Facebook event page
The Road to TGC 2 (Smash WiiU/Mario Kart 8/Pokemon X&Y Tournaments)

For Glory 3
12/27/2014
The Woodlands

SWF Tournament Page
http://smashboards.com/threads/dec-...monthly-series-at-the-woodlands-texas.375201/

Last edited by a moderator:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It has begun.

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Great tournament! Couldn't stay for the customs tournament but i'd definitely come back to the next one. @ alex mora alex mora thanks for all the info i'll follow the group on FB today.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Shoutouts boooy.

@ alex mora alex mora : Thanks for hosting it man! I actually really enjoyed the venue. Nice, small place. Wasn't packed or crowded, and for the most part it was run smoothly & well. Apologize about having to make you rush a bit, but it was a lot of fun nonetheless. For your 2nd tournament, you did a great job. It was good seeing you also man.

@ Fliphopper Fliphopper : Good **** my dude. Congrats on 1st! Came back and dominated. GG's also, you played great. Sick Diddy! We'll have our rematch soon. Felt like I had to rush the last set, but you won it fairly no doubt. We 1-1! It was nice getting to meet you also. Favorite person easily when I saw you decked out in Rockets gear.

@ Sync. Sync. : You just might be the nicest person in the smash community. When I sd'd or randomly stupid things happened, YOU were the one who felt bad about it lmao. Glad I got to meet/play against you! I'll learn the matchup and come back with more of a challenge. Your Greninja is no joke. Good playing man, and congrats on 2nd!

@ Zori Zori : LMAO at how excited you were when you were watching Sync and Tesh's replay. /sarcasm Got things to work on yo! Good job taking 4th with Megaman though, still haven't had the chance to play you yet. Making moves to show he's not that bad a character. Nice talking to you brotha. P.S. RIP to your 3DS.

@ BlueBirdE BlueBirdE : My boy! For the first time teaming together, we killed it. AvoiD the Bird ruthless lol. Congrats on 5th in singles also! Slowly rising and making yourself known. Hands down one of the better Luigi's, can't wait to see what you'll be doing when Smash U is out. Proud of you for handling pressure well and coming through when we needed it. TGC 2 isn't ready, we hungry yo.

@Kadin. : Always good seeing you man. Unlucky in some of your games but still did well! I see ya on the come up. Lol first Mac, now Falcon. Great minds think alike.

@BC. : Great Villager man. It was a fun, long, annoying set lol. Which it should be when you're playing against those type of chars. Keep working!

@Bonren : Nice to meet you man. Enjoyed our conversations! Practice your Bowser more, no one said he couldn't be a great character who could place. Depends on the player tbh.

@ Gea Gea + @ RT RT : Good job getting 2nd in doubles! It was fun playing you guys. Always good seeing you RT, and nice to finally meet THE Gea. Lol.

Tipy, NK, and anyone else I forgot/don't know the smashboards names; Great playing! None of you were easy, and you all did well. Tournaments are to get better! Practice and there's no other way to go honestly than up lol. Unless your bracket gets rigged af then gg.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Shoutouts boooy.

@ alex mora alex mora : Thanks for hosting it man! I actually really enjoyed the venue. Nice, small place. Wasn't packed or crowded, and for the most part it was run smoothly & well. Apologize about having to make you rush a bit, but it was a lot of fun nonetheless. For your 2nd tournament, you did a great job. It was good seeing you also man.
Thanks man! Don't worry i wasn't rushed i was worried you wouldnt get your last games in but since Sync ran out for a little bit it all worked out a bit. Im glad you liked the venue and thought things went well, shout out to @SmashDojo for the venue, wouldnt have happened without him

Last edited:

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff to everyone. Thanks for Krebs for driving the cypress crew. :) had lots of fun playing people.

Avoid, your lil mac is constantly placing up there. That's awesome lol

Bc, your villager is amazing.

Good stuff to Sync's Greninja

I love you Gamma.

And good stuff to Fliphop for taking it. Nice stuff man.

Ggs to everyone in pm and melee. That damn kirby man wtf get out of here with that ****. Ganon singles were ridiculous haha. Cool seeing Axxo, Mojo, and Kei. That Lucario is bonkers. Also had a close set with Pachi i pooped a little

Last edited:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
This is probably the most diverse character lineup I've seen at a tournament in a long while

Last edited:

MapleSyrup

Smash Rookie
NNID
Neegoo
Shoutouts boooy.

Tipy, NK, and anyone else I forgot/don't know the smashboards names; Great playing! None of you were easy, and you all did well. Tournaments are to get better! Practice and there's no other way to go honestly than up lol. Unless your bracket gets rigged af then gg.
Your Little Mac's amazing!! It's made me scared of facing all other Little Mac players in the future!! Great games!!

I had so much fun and felt lots of hype facing all of my opponents! Thanks for hosting this tournament, @ alex mora alex mora !

OH YEAH, I'm Tipy by the way!!

Last edited:

Zori

Smash Champion
Shoutouts boooy.

@ Fliphopper Fliphopper : Good **** my dude. Congrats on 1st! Came back and dominated. GG's also, you played great. Sick Diddy! We'll have our rematch soon. Felt like I had to rush the last set, but you won it fairly no doubt. We 1-1! It was nice getting to meet you also. Favorite person easily when I saw you decked out in Rockets gear.

@ Sync. Sync. : You just might be the nicest person in the smash community. When I sd'd or randomly stupid things happened, YOU were the one who felt bad about it lmao. Glad I got to meet/play against you! I'll learn the matchup and come back with more of a challenge. Your Greninja is no joke. Good playing man, and congrats on 2nd!

@ Zori Zori : LMAO at how excited you were when you were watching Sync and Tesh's replay. /sarcasm Got things to work on yo! Good job taking 4th with Megaman though, still haven't had the chance to play you yet. Making moves to show he's not that bad a character. Nice talking to you brotha. P.S. RIP to your 3DS.

@ BlueBirdE BlueBirdE : My boy! For the first time teaming together, we killed it. AvoiD the Bird ruthless lol. Congrats on 5th in singles also! Slowly rising and making yourself known. Hands down one of the better Luigi's, can't wait to see what you'll be doing when Smash U is out. Proud of you for handling pressure well and coming through when we needed it. TGC 2 isn't ready, we hungry yo.

@Kadin. : Always good seeing you man. Unlucky in some of your games but still did well! I see ya on the come up. Lol first Mac, now Falcon. Great minds think alike.

@BC. : Great Villager man. It was a fun, long, annoying set lol. Which it should be when you're playing against those type of chars. Keep working!

@Bonren : Nice to meet you man. Enjoyed our conversations! Practice your Bowser more, no one said he couldn't be a great character who could place. Depends on the player tbh.

@ Gea Gea + @ RT RT : Good job getting 2nd in doubles! It was fun playing you guys. Always good seeing you RT, and nice to finally meet THE Gea. Lol.

Yeah man we defiantly need to play but I think we need to postpone our match until the wiiu version comes out haha

Good games to everyone that I played!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Shoutouts to what's left of Zori's circle pad.

Last edited:

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
I want to give shout outs to everyone at the event. This was my 2nd tournament and had a great time like the first one. All the more reason to keep coming back!
@ AvoiD AvoiD my PIC in doubles who knew such a wacky team up can be so effective! Let me know next time you're bringing out the suit so ill be ready with mine!
@ Zori Zori Really cool to meet you man and what a first set to have too. That mentally brought me to my limit. Definitely looking forward to having a rematch with you again and more awesome matches to come! FYI my 3ds is in the same boat as yours now so shoutouts to my circle pad lol.
@sync @ Fliphopper Fliphopper Gratz on 2nd and 1rst! You guys were amazing and showed me I still got a bit to go. Instead of bringing me down it's motivated to come back better than before and give a good fight. Can't wait to see you guys again at another event! (TGC 2 perhaps?)

@Bonren @G-Wolf I'm glad I met you guys at TGC its definitely been fun chillin. We'll be hanging out more for sure! Also 4v4 event at TGC2 are your bodies ready?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
My late shoutouts:

1: FlipHop:4diddy:- Great stuff Fliphop! Let's keep it going with solid placings.
2: Sync:4greninja: - Can't wait to face you on Wii U. Too many great reads botched cause of input errors from 3DS. That Up-B kill tho!
3: AvoiD:4littlemac: - One of the top in Houston right now. Little Mac is just so strong! Can't wait to face you more.
4: Zori:4megaman: - Intense matches. You didn't connect any Pellet xx FADC xx Shoryuken in the match. We will play more.
5: Blue Bird:4luigi: - Great Luigi! You'll understand the matchup more as time progresses. Great chatting with you!
5: Tipy:4tlink: - Didn't get to see/face you. Heard you have a solid TLink!
7: Nidak:4littlemac:- Great stuff dude. First time I EVER faced you.
7: Asa:4ness: - Great seeing you again! That Ness is scary!
9: Leaf:4pikachu: - Game 3 was so close. Pikachu so good. Thanks for teaming with me!
13: BC:4villagerf: - Great seeing you again. We didn't play.
13: Gnes:4darkpit::4lucina: - My boy Keith. You still know all my Diddy habits. I hate you.
17: RT:4lucario:- That Aura tho! Great seeing you again.
17: G-Wolf:4falco::4charizard: - Great matches in singles and doubles!
17: BVR:4fox:- Nice extended friendlies we had. Hope to face ya again. Jab cancel into anything was solid!
17: Gea:4dk:- You and RT did great in teams! Always a pleasure catching up with ya!

Top Bottom