• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For All you people who think brawl will never have combos look at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElSpaniard

Smash Cadet
that was pretty nasty!

but due to the fact that ROB had the opportunity to avoid a lot of that punishment it can't be called a true smash combo.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I don't think you understand the definition that most people generally accept as combo. It is not just consecutive hits like displayed in the video, it is an inescapable series of hits that defines the general definition of combo. Although it appears impressive, it was indeed escapable. And he was only hit by the usmash at the end because of a poorly timed airdodge.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I don't think you understand the definition that most people generally accept as combo. It is not just consecutive hits like displayed in the video, it is an inescapable series of hits that defines the general definition of combo. Although it appears impressive, it was indeed escapable. And he was only hit by the usmash at the end because of a poorly timed airdodge.
i'm sorry, i believe the word you were looking for was,

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

i mean, come on. It's pure DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

But really, that's not a combo (assuming you're talking about G&W's 4 hits on ROB at the end there). ROB can escape after each and every hit there (i.e. he's already recovered, no longer in hitstun). Actually, okay maybe I was exaggerating. He probably couldn't have avoided the nair, but that's only two hits linked together. Everything else is just the ROB making bad decisions... Why the hell is he DI'ing towards the G&W and not trying to jump away? He has good enough recovery.

EDIT: Actually, I watched it again. He could've escaped the nair. And at the end, between sausage and usmash, he clearly airdodges...

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
Spammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... good job guys.
Yes very good kill. Yes combo's do exist in brawl, but they generally don't go beyond 2-3 hits with the exception of chaingrabs/infinites. Example= (fox) Dair -> Utilt-Utilt. If done right inescapable. Just to dispell the myth that combo's don''t exist in brawl.

SleepyK

Guys, stop trying to analyze and just

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
velocity is already bringing it down on people in brawl

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

SleepyK

FalconPunch you have the best name ev--

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
velocity is very good at brawl, but not only was that not a combo since it was escapable (as has been pointed out), but there was no tech (or roll) in that video and thus no techchasing. he read DI well, but there was no tech chasing

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
This video proves nothing.

Anybody that's played G&W for a week can do this with ease. It's not hard to just spam air / ground attacks that have little lag and hope they connect.

Way to goDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM1

EDIT: Needed more "AAAAAAAAA" and "MMMMMMMM"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom