• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool Spike?

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
I know Marth's Down Air is harder to pull of in Brawl now, so I tried to footstool them instead, but my opponents would always comeback onto the stage....

So... Whilst playing against Snake on Final Destination

I managed to knock him off the stage and as he was trying to combat from the bottom using his Up + B I footstooled on him then immediately Down Aired him sending him flying down with no chance of recovery.

I've done this a few times and it seems to work rather well, it can be done when he's jst trying to jump back or even when he's using his Up and B to comeback.

00Sn8k

Smash Cadet
That sounds sick as h3ll! I'm a snake player but I totally need to see a vid of this somewhere. That sounds like final fantasy ****, Lol.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
No, footstool jumping is independant of your regular jumps (if you do it repeatedly, your jump distance is lower each time, so can't do infinite footstools either).

I did this once in training, I think, but when I tried to recreate it the opponent always went too low and the dair was always whiffing. Need to find a way to make it more reliable... unless it requires them to jump/Up B immediately after the footstool or something.

Edit: Did a small amount of fiddling around. It's character dependent and, for some, direction dependant. I couldn't get footstool to dair to work on Ganondorf. Was able to get it to work on Sheik when she's on the ground only. Wouldn't work in the air for Zelda, and only works on Zelda on the ground when she and Marth are facing the same direction (when footstool jumped, Zelda hunches over a bit, and her head goes down and forward causing the dair to miss when facing one way but not the other). Against Toon Link, I got it to hit on the ground and in the air regardless of what direction he and Marth were facing. Too lazy to test everyone right now, though.

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
I think FSJ+spike depends on the character you're doing it on. I can't get it to work on peach for the life of me but on Lucas, it works seamlessly.

Maybe it's the way they fall after the FSJ? Depending if they're vertical at the start of the fall or not?

Top Bottom