• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool Jump Dair. Toon Link does it better than anyone else.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I already made a thread about this a long time ago, but since nobody really showed much interest, and also because it's been proven to work, I thought I'd try again for real this time.

Look: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R8l8ZJuJXt8

Fox can do it and so can Toon Link, except Toon Link has a much much MUCH more powerful tool at his disposal in the form of his Dair.

At this range, Dair is guaranteed to spike, and due to the stun of the fsj, cannot be blocked. It works on the ground AND in the air, and I think more people need to try out this very cool trick.

Hint: you can also do it right from the ground by double jumping really fast next to an opponent. The timing is tricky, but it's essentially grabbing and hitting with your Dair. Pretty sweet!

When I get my imported copy of Brawl, I'm going to try and make a demonstration vid of this and the other characters who can do it, but I think it's safe to say that Toon Link has the best fsj attack out of anyone else.

KangKyu

Smash Apprentice
Ah yes, I remember your other thread, I should try it right now. hmm..
It would help if there was a video of toon link doing fs, I remember one video of it.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
That sounds really fun. It would probably work nicely on the ground as well just for a very damaging attack.

Although on second thoughts, I don't think Toon Link can compete with Wario's fully-charged fart out of a footstool jump after all. I may have to change the topic title. XD

deletedmember

Smash Cadet
I'm trying this and I can't figure out how to make it useful. It seems like you have to dair almost instantly after footstooling, without having time to ensure that you actually landed the footstool. Otherwise they'll have time to fall to sideways and you'll miss the spike. Is it true that you have to hit it instantly or am I missing something? And if you do have to dair right away, what is the point since it would be just as risky as a normal spike attempt.

Fire52388

Smash Cadet
I've found it's satisfying to simply spike Ike at the top of his recovery. He's so helpless that you don't even need the jump added in.

Top Bottom