• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footnbaseball's Super Game and Watch Guide!

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Hehehe

Ah wow, reading those old posts of me saying "I am on the road to best GAW"...then actually achieving it..

Just feels kind of wierd.

I am learning new things with him, but only things that I am doing.

And I found out i'm pretty lame at GAW dittos...I just know how to pwn other chars with 'em =)

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
footnbaseball, i read the first move on ur list and cry lol

shy away from nuetral A?
Nuetral A, grab throw parachute or hammer, if i can stand it ill keep reading and post more

The Cape

Smash Master
Re: Hehehe

Originally posted by DireVulcan
Ah wow, reading those old posts of me saying "I am on the road to best GAW"...then actually achieving it..

Just feels kind of wierd.

I am learning new things with him, but only things that I am doing.

And I found out i'm pretty lame at GAW dittos...I just know how to pwn other chars with 'em =)

We stilll have to play ours.

Two tourneys you said you would be at I showed to and you couldnt make it. (I cant make NEPA, have Army training). How about GS2?

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
whoever thinks they are the best GW come to SSA:3 ill do my best to be there, ive been told im the best GW but have never really seen another GW that says their "good play" i suck at GW dittos as well. 4 stocking people is 2nd nature rofl, but i rarley practice but GW never leaves ya :)

anyways money matches? ur mains vs my GW? :)
sheiks? marth? heh

plus GW is in my Sig!!!!!!!!!!!! that right there proves im the best

footnbaseball

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Needle of Juntah
footnbaseball, i read the first move on ur list and cry lol

shy away from nuetral A?
Nuetral A, grab throw parachute or hammer, if i can stand it ill keep reading and post more
hey, i personally am not a fan of the nuetral a's in general. with the experience i have now i do know that it is a little more useful then i gave it credit for, but personally i do not use it very much. its a stylistic thing.

and i have gw in my sig to. watch out:D

gw dittoes are my least favorite match in the game. whoever hits the A button first wins. its just that easy.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
yes, i also need to face some other good game and watches. There are probably 5 or 6 people here on the boards who id like to face who are actually knowledgeable and seem good. I might be able to face dire at the next gauntlet, we'll see.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
i dono go to Melle tournaments
its a MI tounrey and we own you and im the best GW!!!!!!!!!!! no one can beat me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u all sux :)) now come and prove me wrong cause im not joking :))))

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Lol.

Dittos mean nothing...

Dittos just mean you have specific knowledge on how to fight a character using that same one.

Example.

SUPPOSE (I can't really) I can beat Wes in a Samus ditto.

But then I try it in a tourney and get wrecked by everyone while Wes beats everyone's ***.

But then I play Wes again and still beat him in a ditto.

Even with that, hands down he still has the better Samus. Statistically, even.

I lost to P.C. Chris in a GAW ditto...cause I suck at those.

But if he tried GAW at a tourney.....say hello to last place.

If I played you Juntah, i'd use Dorf.

And wreck that little green POS.

If you wanna try and take that title from me Juntah...come to tourneys around here and show thyself. I guarantee Wes will still rapestock you.

This goes to any other GAW player claiming my title.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord

It's called style, Omega.

Two people can reach the same pinnacle of skill with the same char with two completely different styles.

Besides, someone tried to ditto me in the PA tourney, and I ***** em.

I probably think i'm worse at GAW dittos than I really am.

You would've though i've done enough of them?

I don't learn my stuff from other people.

Nobody uses him, as far as I know all the **** I do, I thought from the top of my head.

So yeah, I know what i'm doing, completely lacking any opposing GAW experience.

Thank you come again.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
no that wasn't meant as an offensive comment i was just wondering why you weren't as good against gw's as against any other character.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
what would you all say is GW's best stage?

id say dreamland because it has a high ceiling(if i remember right), which gaw needs. Also platforms don't really inhibit gaw very much as he has good disjointed hit boxes to hit through them (parachute), and he can wavedash well to maneuver around them. Everything seems to work well for gaw here. the only disadvantage i can see is recovering and hitting the bottom of the stage, but it isn't as bad as battlefield (prolly his worst stage unless you know his recovery well, ive seen many people mess up here).

i would also guess final d, but im not sure as i seem to always like final d, no matter what character i play.

i guess im wondering what everyone's prefs are/what would be good for a counter pick.

DraKmoN001

Smash Apprentice
I like using Mr. Game & Watch. He's a fun guy to use, and I didn't realize that he could be useful against higher-tier'd chars. He definitely has problems against Marth though, from my experience T_T I've been trying to train myself with another character and G&W just b/c of Marth X(

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
marth is a difficult matchup for gw, but not impossible. You just need to be evasive and moving a lot. Getting a dtilt on edgeguarding will kill him at like 35 percent because of the way his recovery works. Also, nine hammer throw combos aren't really that hard to pull off out of up/down throws. Yes his range sucks, but it isn't too hard to just get a little creative to avoid his sword.

598scogi

Smash Cadet
GW combo vs fastfallers

Have you guys been able to find a combo vs fastfallers that starts in upthrow and gets them to a high enough %age so you can chain throw them with the dthrow? After the chain they are pretty screwed because you can throw to chute or fair (I call it a credit card). The people I play against suck at DI so maybe this is unusable vs good players but I'm pretty sure you can start with an upthrow at 0% then do an uptilt then grab again, throw up, and get a few uptilts in, grab, then chain dthrows. Can you DI out of this or do you guys know?

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
its hard to chain throw with the down throw because it can be di'd out of much more than the up throw. You can use it, just don't expect it to be reliable. Just start to use the uptilt after the up throw chain runs out, and hit into a chute or card (see dire, someone else calls it a card.)

598scogi

Smash Cadet
Thanks lots I didn't know the downthrow was easier to DI out of and yeah the fair is definately a card of some kind. Prolly Visa.

_marth1_

Smash Lord
im not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I like to hold down when i get hit with an attack and then immediately tilt down A and start your combo

Supa-Def

Smash Journeyman
Thanx 4 teh guide

Aw man this guide has helped me out tons, and is offically the first character guide i ever read..EVER. i'm so gonna(attempt to) add geedubya to my roster now, prolly make a few viddys as well, Thanx for the guide!!!!! :suess: :suess: :suess: :suess:

Top Bottom