• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Following Heads?

TeH PwNx0rZ

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: My bad. I think this is technically in the incorrect section. Moderator, please move this to General Brawl Discussion.

Well, I was looking through the screenshots Super Smash Bros. Brawl screenshots on the blog and it hit me. Perhaps now they added following heads in Brawl? If you don't understand what I mean, following heads is when the characters' heads follow their closest opponent around the stage. For example, this has also been shown in games like Power Stone or even 3D Zelda games where when the character comes within a certain range with an opponent, the characters face or eyes keep focused on them.

Here are some screenshots that lead me to believe they have implemented following heads:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/basic/images/basic04/basic04_070705d-l.jpg
^Link looking at his closest enemy, Zero Suit Samus, while charging up his smash attack.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pit/pit_070525c-l.jpg
^Pit looking up at Link while firing his side-B move.

BEST EXAMPLE
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pit/pit_070525a-l.jpg
^Pit facing away from Link, yet he is still looking at Link. Also Link is looking at Pit.

Of course I'm not saying this is 100% true and it would be implemented into the game and of course it is a possibility these are not in-game screenshots so they changed the character's positions (if you know for sure these are in game screenshots post here with proof) to make them look cooler, however this is just an idea I thought of seeing the screenshots.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
So THAT'S why it didn't come out in spring! [/joke]

It's recently been comfirmed that Brawl is in fact coming out in 2007!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
That could explain the Metaknight combo. Since now theres the short hand way to do the rapid combos, perhaps he follows the characters closest? I don't know, jsut a thought. GREAT find though.

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
So THAT'S why it didn't come out in spring! [/joke]

It's recently been comfirmed that Brawl is in fact coming out in 2007!
That was confirmed back in like... May, or June by Mr. President_Of_NA_Nintendo_Himself.

You gotta love the detail of these games. Even the little stuff can make it look, and feel that much greater (and more realistic, in some ways).

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
It in a way worries me though. If it is jsut a cool little detail, then alright, great addition!
But, if by some chances it works more of like an auto target kind of thing, where it's almost like Z-Targeting in LoZ, it could be BAD. I do hope it is much simpler than I'm thinking.

Top Bottom