• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI's Bimonthly Themed Tourneys- This week: the Original 12. Canceled UFN

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm canceling this tournament until further notice because of lack of participation from the people who signed up. I may revive this tournament in the future but for now people seem to be too busy with starting school to take the time out for it. Oh well, it's no big deal.

Hello, my name is Fatmanonice and I'll be hosting this here tournament. My goal is to create tournaments that have fun themes but follow competitive standards. I'm also doing this so people can have more experience against a wider number of characters and not always end up fighting the same people over and over again *coughmetaknightcough*. Despite being in college, I believe I will have enough time on my hands to do tournaments like this at least twice a month. Without further ado, here is the theme and rules for next week's competition:

THE ORIGINAL TWELVE

I take it that everyone has played the original Smash Bros and it is still a favorite among many of us. In this tournament, I'd like to highlight the original twelve playable characters who helped make the Smash Bros franchise an instant smash hit. Sadly, many of these characters are neglected in Brawl tournaments so I wanted to give them a chance to shine.

The legal characters in this tournament are:

1. Mario
2. DK
3. Link
4. Samus
5. Yoshi
6. Fox
7. Kirby
8. Pikachu
9. Luigi
10. Captain Falcon
11. Ness
12. Jigglypuff

The legal neutral stages in this tournament are:

1. Battlefield
2. Final Destination
3. Yoshi's Island
4. Lylat Cruise
5. Smashville

The legal counterpicks are:

1. Delfino Plaza
2. Frigate Orpheon
3. Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
4. Pokemon Stadium 1
5. Pokemon Stadium 2
6. Halberd
7. Green Greens (Melee)
8. Yoshi's Island (Melee)
9. Pictochat
10. Castle Siege
11. Pirate Ship

This is the ruleset for this tourney:

1. 3 stock, no items, no time limit, best 2/3 while the final will be best 3/5.
2. No more than 3 characters are allowed through out the tourney; pick wisely.
3. You can only switch characters upon losing.
4. First match will always be played on a neutral stage. Loser decides second stage.
5. Chaingrabs are allowed. (Although not many of these characters can...)
6. Suicide attacks are allowed.
7. Quitting during the match or purposely killing yourself in the first match to "start fresh" in the next will lead to instant disqualification (is that a word? :laugh:)
8. Trouble with lag will be dealt with accordingly depending on the situation.
9. Upon finishing a set, one of the two players should report in and include the following info: the two combatents, which characters they used in each match, what stages they fought on in each match, and how many stock the winner won by. For the love of God, please be honest and don't be a douche.

Sign up deadline is Wendesday, August 27th and matches will begin on that day regardless if we get 16 people.

If you'd like to participate, please leave the following info: your screenname, your Brawl friend code, and IM is you have it. (If you don't have IM, state how people can contact you.)

1. Samusbrawler- FC: 3995-8553-8766
2. ROBOT- FC: 2750-0767-7093 (NSF member)
3. DOODLEboy99- FC: 0430-7964-0413 (NSF member)
4. Zacoftheaxes- FC: 5155-3062-7216 (OLF member)
5. SSBBrawlin- FC: 2707-1259-3581 (NSF member)
6. Cat Fight- FC: 2019-9334-1444
7. mcmuffin man- FC: 0173-2745-5921
8.cba- FC: 4597-1153-9877
9. fredymartinez1- FC: 1676-3494-0066
10. Levinifty- FC: 5198-3883-4301
11. stratele- FC: 2449 - 6135 - 8191
12. A6M Zero- FC: 5327-0574-2389
13. Hero Fly Chao- FC: 5413-0844-5201
14. g4mer4lif3- FC: 1160-9381-7941
15. Hyrule Boy- FC: 5370-0088-8117 (OLF member)
16. Fatmanonice- FC: 3007-7993-3724 (OLF and NSF member)

Round One matchups-

1. Samusbrawler vs Fatmanonice
2. cba vs fredymartinez
3. SSBBrawlin vs A6M Zero
4. Zacoftheaxes vs Hero Fly Chao (Hero Fly Chao defeats Zacoftheaxes 2-0)
5. Cat Fight vs stratele
6. doodleboy99 vs g4mer4lif3
7. mcmuffin man vs levinifty (mcmuffin man defeats levinifty 2-1)
8. ROBOT vs Hyruleboy

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Deadline for the first round is Monday at Midnight. If all the matches are finished by then, we will start the second round early. If your opponent does not respond by this time, it will count as a forfeit and you will advance. If both players fail to show up, they will both be disqualified. Remember the rules and I will be sending a PM to all the participants later today. Keep in mind that the combatants are responsible for the forms of communication that they use and their own internet connection. I will be leniate but I will make exceptions for laziness and atrociously bad connections (in which you probably shouldn't have entered an online tournament in the first place).

Once again, I hope this tournament series becomes popular and I hope you all have a lot of fun.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
This sounds like a really cool Idea! How can I not join this :)

Brawl Name: DTP

FC: 3995-8553-8766 (I'm still in the process of memorizing this, so if it's wrong just look to the left as usual).

Do we have to state the characters that we will be using?

[side note] I need to stop joining so many online tourneys, but I can't. I'm addicted :(
Help!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do we have to state the characters that we will be using?
No because you may decide a certain character to use at the drop of a hat. For example, if you get creamed by a good Fox in the first match and decide to use Pikachu in the second, that's fine by me. I will, however, be keeping track of which characters are used and, remember, no more than 3 for the entire tournament. With that being said, you may just want to grin and bear it for some matchups while saving some characters for when you are really in a jam (like if your opponent 2/3 stocked you in the previous match).

Hero Fly Chao

Smash Cadet
I'd like to join up. I love the originals. :)

Name: Hero Fly Chao
Brawl Name: Dex
Brawl FC: 5413-0844-5201
AIM: Gamer4God
(and failing AIM, Smashboards friend finder private chat is cool too.)

...Hmm, any reason why Smashville isn't an option for neutral or counterpick?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'd like to join up. I love the originals. :)

Name: Hero Fly Chao
Brawl Name: Dex
Brawl FC: 5413-0844-5201
AIM: Gamer4God
(and failing AIM, Smashboards friend finder private chat is cool too.)

...Hmm, any reason why Smashville isn't an option for neutral or counterpick?
Now that I've looked over it, I realized I forgot Pirate Ship too. :laugh: Thanks for pointing it out.

cba

Smash Master
IM GONNA LOSE SOOO BADLY, cONSIDERING THAT I DONT PLAY WITH EIHER 12 CHAR. OH WELL..........
*practices w/ samus*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Let's get that bracket! ;"}
Cat, what program did you do to make yours? By the time you get this message, I'll probably be at school so just PM it to me if I'm not here.

Hmmm I might need to train with weegee... Hey what will be the next theme?
I'm debating between two right now: "Nintendo's Bad Boys" featuring villians and antiheros (although I'm also debating Metaknight's inclusion because he absolutely wrecks Bowser, Ganondorf, Wolf, Captain Falcon *I'm allowing the Blood Hawk Alt*, and Link *I'm allowing the Dark Link Alt*. Wario and King Dedede are at a disadvantage against him too...) and "I'm So Pretty" featuring female characters and the two biggest metrosexuals in Brawl, Pit and Marth. :laugh:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol! I vote for the "I'm so pretty" theme for your next tourney :laugh:

Three of my mains fall into that catagory :laugh: I don't know how it worked out that way, it just did :ohwell:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
sooooooo, how about a high tier + tourney.????
A high tier tourney would be boring as all get out because it'd basically be the same result as most other tourneys, Metaknight or Snake winning and Mr. Game and Watch, Marth, Falco, and King Dedede ranking high. I want to provide an alternative to that.

Top Bottom