• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flying V

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
When two veggies hit each other, they both go up a bit and fall. But if they are spaced so they're close eough to hit again, they will. And, quite often, they will again, and again, on up the screen. They fly, hence I call this the Flying V glitch.

http://rapidshare.de/files/21810868/V_for_Vegetable.wmv.html

Detailed explanation:

1. Throw a vegetable up (weak throw)
2. Quickly throw or drop another vegetable at the falling one, aiming for the highest part of it

The dot-eyes and dead veggies, if thrown, will be too strong for it to work (unless you get two in a row, presumably) but you can drop them on another veggie and it will work.

Hopefully Peach players better than me can tell if this has any practical use.

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
Interesting find, and kudos on a great vid. Now for the important part: practical applications?
I mean, its neat but whats the point?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
You can use it as a sort of rising sheild to get people to stay away or block projectiles, or hit people who are coming from above trying to recover

TiRune

Smash Ace
It's fun if your like... on the left of the mines map on pokemon stadium. or on any level with a wall you can stand by somewhere :p

just fun though, not like you can actively start mixing this move up in your game ^^

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
As far as I know, this has been known as long as people have been spamming turnips. I've never been able to find any practical use for it though, as it takes far too long to set up most of the time.

Peach Fuzz

Smash Rookie
Thanks for this! I notice when I'm fighting, sometimes the vegetables climb just like this. However, I never actually considered exactly how to do it, nor whether it could be replicated easily.

This is a pretty cool technique and I look forward to using it! Should help me, at least a little bit, against my opponents who always seem to be above me, and it's a fun mindgame too.

Top Bottom