• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flying Raptor Boost?

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Can anyone give me a reasonable explanation to why this happened? I always suspected Wind Up Raptor Boost would have momentum shenanigans but still. Even Duck Hunt found it hilarious.

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
Haha this is pretty funny. Something like this happen to me a couple mouths ago in my combo video and you can do a wavedash with it too. You can do more with the wavedashing which can be found on this thread.

Thread

Videos can be found here:

Combo Video Flying

WaveDashing

Last edited:

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Wind Up Raptor Boost (like it's name) winds back first before moving forward. There's a lot of moves that can break and/or reverse the momentum you currently have from knockback too.

That being said, what I'm seeing here is that instead of the Wind Up Raptor Boost pulling backwards (away from the direction you're facing), it started winding up in the direction that Falcon was headed before launching him in the same direction-- indicated by the slow glide that happened before the momentum shifted. I'm sure it was a momentum break shenanigan, but that's some really interesting stuff. It's possible that you B-Reversed it somehow while momentum breaking. I'll have to see if I can replicate it sometime.

Last edited:

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
I just noticed it says FLY AWAY in the background right before it happens and then DH laughing afterward.
Duck Hunt stage knows the future :O

Top Bottom