• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fluffy Houston Monthlies: Feb 11th: Teh canceledz0rz.

Will you be at Smashex2 in December?

• GUARANTEED!

Votes: 25 42.4%
  • Yes.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • We'll see.. maybe.

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Not just no but hell no.

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Well, he'd need a ride. It'd be cool if he did come tho. I would very much look forward to playing him in an actualy tourney match.

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
Uhhh, yeah, I'll be there TGM. Lol, more than likely, anyway.

Actually, thinking about it...the only reason I'd want to go is to see UT. I got unofficially "accepted" there the other day.

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
some guy from cali says he wants to come to one of the monthlies and bring his friend o.o; found the site on Google.

hooray 4 me!

...I was accepted to CGNU.

Mr.C

Smash Master
u have to relize peach isa cheap ***** that can get u to 80% in two moves not to mention her turnips, floatcanceling and cging skillz. o wait priority, strong moves and amazing recovery....... burn!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Peach is the best character in the game. I don't care what anyone says about Fox, he at least has some exploitable weaknesses.

And if that was directed to me, kyle, I'll have you know I've been playing Falco since day 1.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
ok guys, NEW RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It has been brought to my attention that the setup for deciding who was on the team for houston is FLAWED......badly......

I am out of ideas..........BUT! Mr.Rayzorium has helped me develop a NEW way to determine who the H3LL will be on the team.

the new way is as follows:::::::

The monthly will be played out like normal........but with one exception, it has no relation to the tryout.

Since rayz and alex are the ONLY 100% people on the team, they will battle all people who want to be on the team( a simple 3 stocK fight) and after they fight them all.....they will decide who of the 3 will be on the team. if they can not agree on a certain person....more battles will take place to fix the problem.

im sure this will generate some heat...and guess what??????? I dont give a ***! why, because if any of you didnt like the way it was set up then maybe u should have threw some ideas....

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
I never knew that my monthly was going to run any way other than just like usual...

A note to everyone who intends on attending this monthly:

My television went CAPUT. Dead. Some moron left a paper pizza hut cup on top of the TV filled with something that leaked through the bottom, seeped in around the screen and fried the controls, so I don't have a tv.

Someone'd better bring one, or I'm afraid my tournament just flopped. = /

If I had any desire to go to Austin at all, or a mode of transportation, I would say I want to be on the team purely because we have not a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
So....any TV's anyone ?

edit : I suppose that if we ABSOLUTELY NEED to, I can get one of you to bring me by my house so that I can bring mine, but I would LARGELY not prefer that to happen.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
... Does no one in Houston have a TV? I don't want to take mine all the way from Austin.

But yea, I'm looking forward to playing all these new people, and hopefully placing well. :)

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I can bring a tv+cube, as usual, also.

And yeah...i like rayz's idea. And then we'll finally have decided whos gonna be on team houston :urg:

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
well, rayz doesn't really... talk to me anymore so I seem to be the only one who doesn't know that "Rayz' idea" is.. >.>;

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
umm...fluffy?

The Great Marth said:
I am out of ideas..........BUT! Mr.Rayzorium has helped me develop a NEW way to determine who the H3LL will be on the team.

the new way is as follows:::::::

The monthly will be played out like normal........but with one exception, it has no relation to the tryout.

Since rayz and alex are the ONLY 100% people on the team, they will battle all people who want to be on the team( a simple 3 stocK fight) and after they fight them all.....they will decide who of the 3 will be on the team. if they can not agree on a certain person....more battles will take place to fix the problem.
Yeah.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
LOL!!! I better be able to make it this weekend. I wanna own some new pplz, and get revenge from WtYM against Sethlon. :p

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
god muther****ing ****it.

I hate smashboards. v.V;and i hate retyping posts.

No tournament. Dont' feel like having it. Moving, apartment full of boxes. dont' feel like doing anything this weekend but sleeping and playing D&D.

Looks like you'll have to figure out another way to determine your 'houston team'. If you want, I can draw names out of a hat.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
... wtf?

-_-

Well, since you decided to cancel at the last minute, is there anywhere else we could do this? I was really looking forward to it.

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
= /

sorry. I just have too much on my plate this month, and i can't really bring myself to care about smash much atm.... a lot going on, and a lot of... just.... stuff.

I'm sorry, Sethlon, that i took away "the only competitive smash you'll get this month".

Since I took time to explain it to him, i guess i may as well type it here. in short.

My life doesn't revolve around smash, or homework. Or who's better than who in a video game. I've got other things that I have to worry about at the moment, and I simply don't need this one more thing on my plate.

Anyone who wants to be mad at me, go ahead... I think i'm used to it, by now.

...Raymond, if you still want to come and just see me... you can feel free to.

:urg:

G@BE

Smash Lord
JesusFreak said:
... wtf?

-_-

Well, since you decided to cancel at the last minute, is there anywhere else we could do this? I was really looking forward to it.

Well
sence there is nothing going to be going on maybe we could do this thang in my garage if anyone feels like coming to my house

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
gabe!!!!! can u really do it in the garage? this is a complete mess! plz pull through for me buddy! i really would love it if you can do this.....

and fluffy.......i hope a semi hits you......

Well,moogie informed me he cant go to austin........and march 4th would be a bad time anyway for him...........

things are fallin apart........

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
You hope a semi hits me?? What a wonderful group of friends I have... ;_;

It's because of things like this that I just don't want to do this anymore. I'm sorry if I've got too much going on in my **life** at the moment to deal with one out of soooo many smash tournaments. For one month. I didn't even say they were canceled indefinitely.

But nobody cares why I've canceled it.. Thank god there's nothing REALLY REALLY wrong, not that anyone would really care. I already had Sethlon chew me a new one (thanks, friend) about canceling it. And all the people I ever went out of my way for, drove all the way to Magnolia and back usually for no or next to no gas money, or picked people up from wherever, bent over backwards to do good things for people, let people stay in my home and tried my ****edest to make people happy.... You're all welcome.

To all of you who were going to come, it's really nice and I'm glad and I usually enjoy the monthlies but I just can't do it this month. Sorry for the short notice. If I don't seem to care too much about people who want to get angry about the absense of one tournament, well, as I've already explained

1) If I didn't have so much else to care about, I'd probably be having the tournament and
2) IT'S JUST A GAME. It's lots of fun, but it's still just a game... I can understand disappointment over a canceled tournament, but genuine anger? I hope you get hit by a semi? If that's how it is, then people have officially taken the competitive level of the game too far for hosting tournaments or playing to be any fun anymore.

I'm gonna go back to playing 10 stock free for alls on Hyrule with Very High items with my old friends, back when smash was just fun.

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
Woah, I figured there wasn't a lot of nice people in Houston, but some of those comments do take the cake. Sorry you got to deal with it, Fluffy. The people in San Antonio sound a lot nicer. Maybe you do need a break from Houston. Feel free to check out anything that forkgirl and bluezaft are hosting. Hope to see ya soon.

Moggie

Smash Journeyman
That was kinda f'd up though. Well Fluffy, I'm kinda disappointed, but YOU'RE the one holding the tourneys.

You're my friend before you're my tourney host, so I support your decision not to have one 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom