• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flourish, a SSBM combo video by Relno

Arrestme

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eulogy
I think there's no comments because people expect fox/falcos to be that good. Don't get me wrong tho; 2me u seem to have all the quick skills down pretty well. That's one explanation anyway. It's just a shame you got all that footage & no response here (although i see u have YT comments). You obviously don't need much forum criticism on skill & in this competitive community you'll barely ever get exclusively positive reassurance about progress, or even acknowledgement of (unless there's something negative to point out with it). So outside of all that (fyi I only play Sheik if that matters), I'll give it my best shot to "tell u what I think";

Great video for any1 looking for bread+butter tactics videos that they want 2 observe & get down. With very pronounced spacing technique, it times well with the fun (too fun?) chosen music, making for easier practice following of beginners (do they even exist anymore tho? ->Or just too bashful to post?<-).
The only negative impression I get, & I gather most other lazy/normal people get, to warrant no response/boredom/etc, is the lack of care for you of this footage.
Let me explain what I mean by that. Some1 looking past the shoddy intro text will see the video for what it is, but in the modern world you got to put your stamp on your footage. It leaves the viewer with thoughts like "meh seen it before".
In other words: Take 1 day to learn how to edit templates in Adobe After Effects for making a MUCH BETTER intro to SHOWCASE your name & the awesomeness you're about to unveil to the viewer. Think of the huge effect such a small difference would make in overall attitude the viewer. Your trying to get them to COMPLETE the video. If they don't, they won't comment much, because they weren't excited enough to finish it.

Excuse the run-on sentencing, but share topics with no response 'get to me'. I remember starting off with first videos (& although it made me an mmorpg celebrity), it seems much harder here to make any kind of statement. So think of one phrase to thematically pepper throughout the video, just keeping an open mind aesthetically if only just for the intro or ANY other text in the video. & LEARN BASIC AFTER EFFECTS.

Here's an example of one of my first video in L2 (much older than upload date. My celebrity took off from this video tho, because it's content was unique (non-donator vs donators)):

Here's the more recent (although still quite old) one after learning a few more tricks, done for an Aion Private Server (content was not very unique, so I had to make it "pop" in other ways; such as arranging footage in a certain way (i did story-arch, but u can do at least 1 character, than the other so we're not guessing which one is u since you switch back+forth) & I followed the music much tighter):

I might b open minded about critiquing this way, but I know many people don't like being taught anything at all until they can pretend it was their idea. So I apologize if I seemed to boast at all. All was done sincerely to help get you comments, because honestly that amount of footage with that highish level of skill does not need Smashboards critiquing to improve your gameplay, but deserves some thoughtful response. It's a shame that much footage showcasing your time put into Smash is put off. It rly comes down to how much YOU care about that collection of video, & whether to improve it with Adobe After Effects or not. IMO I believe u will.
Hope this is a lesson for some others out there too. I can't judge anything else otherwise, I've never made a smash video yet.
:)

Last edited:

Relno

Smash Rookie
I think there's no comments because people expect fox/falcos to be that good. Don't get me wrong tho; 2me u seem to have all the quick skills down pretty well. That's one explanation anyway. It's just a shame you got all that footage & no response here (although i see u have YT comments). You obviously don't need much forum criticism on skill & in this competitive community you'll barely ever get exclusively positive reassurance about progress, or even acknowledgement of (unless there's something negative to point out with it). So outside of all that (fyi I only play Sheik if that matters), I'll give it my best shot to "tell u what I think";

Great video for any1 looking for bread+butter tactics videos that they want 2 observe & get down. With very pronounced spacing technique, it times well with the fun (too fun?) chosen music, making for easier practice following of beginners (do they even exist anymore tho? ->Or just too bashful to post?<-).
The only negative impression I get, & I gather most other lazy/normal people get, to warrant no response/boredom/etc, is the lack of care for you of this footage.
Let me explain what I mean by that. Some1 looking past the shoddy intro text will see the video for what it is, but in the modern world you got to put your stamp on your footage. It leaves the viewer with thoughts like "meh seen it before".
In other words: Take 1 day to learn how to edit templates in Adobe After Effects for making a MUCH BETTER intro to SHOWCASE your name & the awesomeness you're about to unveil to the viewer. Think of the huge effect such a small difference would make in overall attitude the viewer. Your trying to get them to COMPLETE the video. If they don't, they won't comment much, because they weren't excited enough to finish it.

Excuse the run-on sentencing, but share topics with no response 'get to me'. I remember starting off with first videos (& although it made me an mmorpg celebrity), it seems much harder here to make any kind of statement. So think of one phrase to thematically pepper throughout the video, just keeping an open mind aesthetically if only just for the intro or ANY other text in the video. & LEARN BASIC AFTER EFFECTS.

Here's an example of one of my first video in L2 (much older than upload date. My celebrity took off from this video tho, because it's content was unique (non-donator vs donators)):

Here's the more recent (although still quite old) one after learning a few more tricks, done for an Aion Private Server (content was not very unique, so I had to make it "pop" in other ways; such as arranging footage in a certain way (i did story-arch, but u can do at least 1 character, than the other so we're not guessing which one is u since you switch back+forth) & I followed the music much tighter):

I might b open minded about critiquing this way, but I know many people don't like being taught anything at all until they can pretend it was their idea. So I apologize if I seemed to boast at all. All was done sincerely to help get you comments, because honestly that amount of footage with that highish level of skill does not need Smashboards critiquing to improve your gameplay, but deserves some thoughtful response. It's a shame that much footage showcasing your time put into Smash is put off. It rly comes down to how much YOU care about that collection of video, & whether to improve it with Adobe After Effects or not. IMO I believe u will.
Hope this is a lesson for some others out there too. I can't judge anything else otherwise, I've never made a smash video yet.
:)
Thanks for your reply, i'll try to take to heart what you said and edit my footage better

Top Bottom