• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Thread (Revamp Underway)

Do you want to make this thread relevant again?

• Yes, I've been waiting so long for this day!

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No, this thread was never used much anyway.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I never even knew this thread existed...

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
hey lvl 9 CP, where in Palm Harbor do you live? I live about 2 minutes away from Ruth Eckard. Monk/Honkey/Banana and big_freddy live about ten minutes away from Countryside mall

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Palm Harbor dude, we gotta totally smash together.
If you're lookin for a holiday, Thancksgiving is right around the corner and actually Veteran's Day is before then. So that might work out better.

lvl9 CP

Smash Apprentice
Ann Arbor MI/Los Alamos NM/Gainesville FL/Tampa FL
Monk/Honkey/Banana and big_freddy/lime: I live up on Alderman Road by Palm Harbor High. Lumbro and Goldwing live in the area too (we went to the same high school); we should see if they want to join us for thanksgiving smash.

Also there's a tournament in Gainesville this weekend (cough tourney promotion cough)- you guys should come. Look for me - I'll be the only Yoshi player there.

Solitas

Smash Apprentice
Also there's a tournament in Gainesville this weekend (cough tourney promotion cough)- you guys should come. Look for me - I'll be the only Yoshi player there.
A tournament? In Gainesville you say? Why lvl9 CP (someone who I have never met prior to this conversation), where may I learn more about such an exciting event?

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind going to that but, my driver *Points to Lime* doesn't want to drive that far so...yeah...I guess not but maybe Veteran's day or thancksgiving(making fun of Fred's bad spelling on the keyboard) like Freddy said

Makyz

Smash Rookie
add me to the smash locater

I wouldnt mind being added to the locater.

Pembroke Pines- Makyz (Jigglypuff)

If anyone in the Pembroke Pines area wants to Smash a bit I am open for the next couple of days. Send me an AIM IM.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
While updating the thread, I noticed that there's not much in the way of upcomming tourneys for Central/North Florida. Since the Get Commited series is over (for now) all that's really left is Gigabits which is still a month away, Nov. 18th.

I miss Solitas. :(

AhhGobiFish

Smash Rookie
[Original Post]

Hey Guys,

I'm in Melbourne, Florida. I'm up for a casual smashing if that's something that happens down here. I could tourney as well, but I'm looking for some new competition first.

-AhhGobiFish

[Edit]

Add me to the locater please, Melbourne, FL during the school year. I guess my top three are: C. Falcon, Ness, Dr. Mario.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
*updated Unsung Master*

AhhGobiFish, I added you to the locator for the school year. You are in a different state for summer/breaks right? Otherwise you should be added somewhere on there as well.

You'll be happy to know that Angrylobster, Florida's best Ness player, also lives in Melbourne. If you get up with him I'm sure he'd be able to give you some Ness pointers as well as good competition. As for tourneys there's one comming up in about a month, perhaps even sonner if Diego gets his set up as well.

NBP Mike

Smash Journeyman
Can someone update on what were talking about in here lately i miis CFL and random crew battles just sayin

AhhGobiFish

Smash Rookie
*updated Unsung Master*

AhhGobiFish, I added you to the locator for the school year. You are in a different state for summer/breaks right? Otherwise you should be added somewhere on there as well.

You'll be happy to know that Angrylobster, Florida's best Ness player, also lives in Melbourne. If you get up with him I'm sure he'd be able to give you some Ness pointers as well as good competition. As for tourneys there's one comming up in about a month, perhaps even sonner if Diego gets his set up as well.
As for summer.. I'm from Michigan originally, but I'm about to graduate from college in May, so I'm not sure where I'll be after that.

The best Ness player in Florida? Sweet!

My roommates and I have been playing together forever, so our game-play is getting a bit repetitive, as such a new person to fight would be excellent.

I hope to be more involved in the Florida SSB arena in the future.

-AhhGobiFish

kidprecision

Smash Apprentice
South Florida

East - Miami (NMB); Kid Precision (KP); Falco

Im willing to play anyone at anytime.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Omnigamer said:
Re: Favor for Florida

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

exarch said:
Hey Omni,

I was wondering if you could Sticky the Florida Thread, as it is the universal center for information in the Florida smash scene. I also think its setup is far more user friendly and better developed than 95% of the other state threads.

I'm sure all of Florida would thank you for this, as I do now.

Thanks a bunch,
Thomas aka Exarch
The problem is that if I sticky one state's thread, all the other state thread's will want to be stickied as well. So, sorry, but no dice on this. So long as people know that there's a FL thread and it shows up on searches, it'll still be alive and kicking.
So there's the reason why this thread wont be stickied, if anyone is curious... (Solitas)

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
DUDE I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THE LAST GET COMMITED WITH MY FL DUDES LOL .... but .,....... i got in a wreck ....... god i hate my car luck .......... atleast it wasnt my fault lol well yea i want to go to more tournaments in FL but unless ram gets his car working or my car gets fixed its no go :( i miss all of FL well mainly manko and rice but i miss everyone also

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
**** John, you do have horrible car luck. Good thing I never had to ride with you. I miss you too buddy!

*edit*: Somehow, Mav's tourney Sacred Smash escaped my view as it was never added to the FL thread till now.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
There was a mini tourney today at Cutting Edge Gaming in Clearwater,... but nobody showed up. I would have gone, but I didn't know what time it started. On Sunday there will be a Team Smash mini tourney at the formentioned place and it starts at 2. For anyone curious it is on the corner of Drew st and Hercules next to the Subway. the phone number for the place is (727) 216-9760 and the website is www.cuttingedgegamingcenter.com . Maybe some people will show up, and hopefully myself, Monk/Honkey/Banana, and Bigfreddy will be there. Hope to see any competition there, later.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
hmmm... accroding to mapquest it's only 35 minutes from Tampa. I'll try to get some guys to go. Thanks for the heads up Lime. :)

*edit*: the website makes no mention of rules for this. Do you know what the set up is? Like is it team attack on, items off, crappy stages turned off, best 2 of 3, etc.

Also what is the cost/prize and can bring in our own cubes/TVs to help the tourney's flow? Sorry to ask all this, but you seem to be the only one who even knew of this happening and it's almost Sunday already.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
*edit*: the website makes no mention of rules for this. Do you know what the set up is? Like is it team attack on, items off, crappy stages turned off, best 2 of 3, etc.

Also what is the cost/prize and can bring in our own cubes/TVs to help the tourney's flow? Sorry to ask all this, but you seem to be the only one who even knew of this happening and it's almost Sunday already.
Alright let me clear this up

default rules 4 stock 8 min and all that

cost is 3$
Honestly I found out about this like 1 week ago so I don't know to much myself but i'm pretty sure all your question could be answered if you call so yeah

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Alright good stuff. It appears that the place is new so I was afraid it'd be n00b rules.

Now my only concern is that projection used for the cube. With how laggy those are, I hope they'll use actual TVs for the tournament instead.

Thanks. :)

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I just called and heres what I got
1)they didn't have to many people showing up(I think they said about 3 or 4) so it's not really worth it to bring your tv if more people do show up they will use their other TV
2)even if you did bring a TV the setup they have now would make it complicated to move around and stuff
3)No prize so if you play for money rather than fun its not really worth it
----
If I get any more info i'll send it your way

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind being added to the locator.

School Year:
South/East - Miami; Ruuku; Samus, Mario, Pikachu

Summers:
Mid - Kissimmee; Ruuku; Samus, Mario, Pikachu

Zaromo

Smash Journeyman
I know the feeling over where I go to college at Seminole (St. Pete College), we only have 6 or 7 of us who play smash so if I host a tourny not only is it going to be small but (no offense to them) the competition is weak (I'm the best one there), so I don't want to do a tourny that won't challenge me.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Hey I just got back from the tourny at cutting edge too bad I didn't compete. This week they got their times screwed the tournament was at 5:00 instead of 2:00 good news is a couple of my friends were there and they are pretty good so thats a plus as soon as I get the times for the next tournament I will post them here

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
thanks M/H/B I probably would have come if I knew about it sooner. It needs its own thread next time so it can attract more people.

Cuongdawg

Smash Rookie
Uh.. I'm from Pensacola. <_< I have yet to meet like ANYONE who plays SSBM. I go to I.B so I don't really have much time to play so yeah... anyone else from PHS on here? <_<

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I used to live in Pensacola, and at the time there wasn't really much anyone else there that was too advanced in smash. However, there's some smashers about an hour from you in Mary Esther who are good. It's my previous crew, the Panhandle Manhandlers.

The main two guys you want to contact are Drumma_Boi and RAM since they are the most active members. They also host bi-weekly smash fests held in Mary Esther. So you could try going to those if you want better competition.

Cuongdawg

Smash Rookie
Bleh.. I don't have a ride (no car yet <_<).

I really want to play against something other than ****ed computers. Which I'm not even playing against since it'll ruin my gameplay.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
well in that case, I know a few guys that are local if you just want someone to play against. They won't be as skilled as the guys you'll find in tourneys, but any player is better than fighting computers. AIM me on the name "Mankosuki AMVs" and I'll give you some of their screen names.

Cuongdawg

Smash Rookie
Er well... I am kinda nervous when it gets to this stuff. Unless I just happen to know any of the people you know in real life, I probably won't have the courage to meet up with them. <_< I don't mean to sound like an *** at all, I just feel uncomfortable with meeting upw ith folks I don't know >_>

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Well as far as smashboards goes, the people here are good guys. We all share the same love for the same game so generally everyone's pretty cool. I can see where it might be a little wierd to go to a stranger's house though.

If it'd be possible for you to get a ride, I'd suggest going to one of the smash fests that I spoke of since it's hosted at a TBS Comics and you'd get to meet alot of smashers there. Eventually a tournament is going to be put on there as well but it won't be until somtime after christmass. If you talk to "DrummerdudeEG" on AIM he can tell you more about the smash fests/tourney since he's the one hosting them.

In any case, would you like to be added to the Smasher Locator? So far there's only one other guy specifically in Pensacola. He was a friend of mine who goes to UWF. I've already graduated and moved away, but I'm pretty sure he's still there.

RAM

Smash Lord
Actually He found the location it twas I who wanted our own Tournies and asked Drummer for assistance of making them happen.. but yeah WE MISS YOU FORMER BOSS MANKO XP!!!!! it's not the same smashing without one of Florida's Best Samus Players.

Top Bottom