• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Megabus to WABA thread (from Orlando, FL)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
This is the official thread where we can collaborate our plans and whatnot to get to WABA, a Georgial brawl one-day tourney on 11/10/12. If you dont know what WABA is, its one of the most hype ATL South smash tourneys for brawl since...well, my tourney in September :laugh:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324825

The cheapest route is of course, our friend Megabus. The dates are now open for this weekend, and the routes/times are here:

www.megabus.com

But also here if you're lazy:
Leaving on 11/9 (day before) at:
7:30AM
2:00pm
8:00pm
11:30pm

And returning on sunday 11/11 (day after):
7:00am
12:15pm
8:00pm
11:59pm

I will update this thread with who buys what time, when you post it in here, so we all know who is going on what bus:

Purchased Tickets:

leaving Thursday 12:15pm - 6:30pm
-Ryo
-Trueblue

Leaving on 11/9 (day before) at:
7:30AM - 4:25pm
-Mink
-Bon

2:00pm - 10:15pm
-GDX
-Gallax
-Kuro
-Ed
-Trump
-Lexi
-DC
-Billy

8:00pm - 4:55am

11:30pm - 8:45am
-Seibrik
-MVD
-DJ Jack
-Shaky
-Nick Riddle
-Brianna
-8bitman
-Shawdy

And returning on sunday 11/11 (day after):
7:00am - 4:05pm
-Shawdy
-Kuro
-Nick Riddle
-Brianna
-8bitman
-Shaky

12:15pm - 9:00pm
-GDX
-Seibrik
-MVD
-Seibrik
-DJ Jack
-Ryo
-Trueblue
-Lad
-DC

8:30pm - 5:50am

11:59pm - 8:35am
-Mink
-Gallax
-Ed
-Trump
-Lexi

Extra Tickets:
GDX:
**Pending Sold to Billy** Departing Orlando 2pm
Departing Atlanta 8:30pm Sunday
Departing Atlanta 12:15pm Monday

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
For the record, I would like to leave on the 2pm bus Friday and come back on the 12:15 bus Sunday

edit: nvm just bought my tickets for those times lol

DRN

Smash Lord
Try to separate into at least 2 groups or so if possible. We will have people driving around but we want to make sure we can get all of you without much waiting. Thanks Keith for making this thread!

8Bitman

Smash Master
Alright, I am in need of a ride from SFL to Orlando, Coral Springs to be exact.

I can only take the 8:00 PM or 11:30 PM rides for Megabus on 11/9/12, because I have school that whole week.

I will take any offers, please and thank you.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
So far AFAIK only lio and keith own a wii screen.

Probably going on the 2 o'clock bus with you keith.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
this is correct, only me and lio own a screen. and mine is coming with me on my bus

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
If only the good Sunday tickets were not $29. If I do go, I'm considering coming back on Monday where the prices are really low but that winds up costing me free money (aka missing work). Right now, doesn't look like I'm going.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
David I do have a ticket for Sunday leaving at 7am and another at 8:30pm if you wanted to leave at those different times

:phone:

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Well I'll consider it. Another issue is me getting home after arriving in Orlando at such a late time. Considering how far I live, that's a legitimate issue to worry about.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
When did the prices go to 29?!

Wtf.

Ok.
Well, I may be able to skip class and go back monday morning i guess. If not, Saturday at midnight?

8Bitman

Smash Master
I am not positive yet how I am getting to Orlando, but I am going to be taking the 11:30 Bus.

I am NOT arriving in GA at 5:00 AM...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
it went up to $29 the same day you said it opened. Like literally an hour after I made this thread

why werent people ready to buy tickets immediately

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Because i didn't wanna buy my tickets and then everyone got on a different bus
they were a dollar. should've just bought them anyway and if you rode a different bus then you lose that dollar or sell it t someone else

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
what are your times exactly there and back? so i can put it in the OP

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Trip information:
Fri, Nov 9 2012
Depart Orlando, FL, Lynx Central Station - 455 North Garland Ave on November 9, 2012 7:30 AM arrive Atlanta, GA, MARTA Civic Center - 435 W Peachtree St NW at November 9, 2012 4:25 PM

Leaving GA:
Trip information:
Sun, Nov 11 2012
Depart Atlanta, GA, MARTA Civic Center - 435 W Peachtree St NW on November 11, 2012 11:59 PM arrive Orlando, FL, Lynx Central Station - 455 North Garland Ave at November 12, 2012 8:35 AM

gallax

Smash Hero
I just bought my ticket G.

Im departing the 9th at 2 (with Mr.Keith the blackest Kelly)

And

Leaving the 11th with at midnight (with Papa Mink)

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
I do wanna ride with someone. Like... Cooperate with someone and stay with them. I can't be alone. :(

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
just bought my tickets!

SFL needs to get on this ASAP cuz the only ticket to return at a reasonable hour was $29!!!

total cost for me was $32.50

heres my info for those that either wana be on my bus or just plan on going with me from sfl

Trip information:
Fri, Nov 9 2012
Depart Orlando, FL, Lynx Central Station - 455 North Garland Ave on November 9, 2012 11:30 PM arrive Atlanta, GA, MARTA Civic Center - 435 W Peachtree St NW at November 10, 2012 8:45 AM

Trip information:
Sun, Nov 11 2012
Depart Atlanta, GA, MARTA Civic Center - 435 W Peachtree St NW on November 11, 2012 12:15 PM arrive Orlando, FL, Lynx Central Station - 455 North Garland Ave at November 11, 2012 9:00 PM

as TEMPTING as the 1 dollar trip back was in the wii hours of sunday night, i can't do it cuz i dont want to miss my classes monday morning.

sooooo keep that in mind if u are in my car, the 1 dollar trip is NOT an option

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
David might want to post that on your facebook so people in SFL find out faster

but i edited the OP with the info so far. Mike you can ride with me from my house obviously

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
it went up to $29 the same day you said it opened. Like literally an hour after I made this thread

why werent people ready to buy tickets immediately
I was looking every day for the last week prior at this, which I would do after work. When the days opened up and this thread was made, I was at work. When I came home and checked the tickets ballooned. Not my fault. Anyhow, I'm not all that mad. It's not like the tourney has Marvel/SFxT/AE/etc at it so I'm not missing anything. I was just going to chill.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im willing to sell my extra tickets to anyone that needs them. I have two for 2pm Friday from Orlando, one mad early Sunday, one a 8pm Sunday, and even one noon Monday. 10 bucks apiece

Edit: yea david definitely not your fault or anything. Just that Mink was the one that told me the prices were up i assumed he bough his ticket at that time :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Does it matter if i give it to you after my first paycheck?
just give it to me at my apex qualifier tourney and you're good

and also we get free cake for pre registering? :laugh: so random

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Edit: yea david definitely not your fault or anything.
Even then, I have until November to get tickets. Of course i'm just theoretically speaking as it's better to get them earlier. Just saying this because Megabus is still Megacheap. Going to Georgia for under $60 is a great deal I think. It just depends whether I want to go through with it.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Oh hey look at this! A giant thread for all this! lol. Got mine and Ryo's and Ed and Trump's tickets, x2. MORE ROOM! lol These tickets were soooo out of order and weirdly difficult just to get the cheap ones. Though it might have been cause of the extra amounts.

Though me and Ryo will be heading out on Thursday 3:30pm - 10:15pm
and leaving Sunday 12:15pm - 6:45pm

Chas! We be coming early! lol Kinda!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Oh hey look at this! A giant thread for all this! lol. Got mine and Ryo's and Ed and Trump's tickets, x2. MORE ROOM! lol These tickets were soooo out of order and weirdly difficult just to get the cheap ones. Though it might have been cause of the extra amounts.

Though me and Ryo will be heading out on Thursday 3:30pm - 10:15pm
and leaving Sunday 12:15pm - 6:45pm

Chas! We be coming early! lol Kinda!
oh thats right there a megabus in gainesville. So these times are from there right?

and are ed and trump leaving from gainesville as well or from orlando?

Top Bottom