• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Floaty Purposes [MEWTWO GENERAL]

ss118

Smash Master
Hmmmmm... weird.

As a random thought I fought a Charizard player in the tournament on Battlefield. Charizard's nair is impossible to trade with from below if they time it right, even with our disjointed uair/ utilt hitboxes. Eventually I gave up trying and just shielded it and hit him afterwards since Charizard can't really move after the action.

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
Mewtwo/Ness in doubles has a lot of potential. Disable can be used in conjunction with PK thunder strike and PK flash (both moves kill very well), partially or fully charged Shadow balls can heal Ness very quickly as he uses PK magnet, and a fully charged Shadow ball can do good damage if someone is caught in PK fire.

Do you guys think we should make a doubles strat thread?

WildestSpade1

Smash Cadet
Today I was playing Mewtwo in training mode, and I seem to have stumbled across a bug. I didn't want to report it if this is well known or intentional, but whenever I used teleport starting below the level of the edge of the stage on FD I lost my double jump. I had tap jump off, so I know the teleport input wasn't messing it up. I tried this again on various stages such as battlefield, and I had the same result on each stage I tried. Thanks

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Today I was playing Mewtwo in training mode, and I seem to have stumbled across a bug. I didn't want to report it if this is well known or intentional, but whenever I used teleport starting below the level of the edge of the stage on FD I lost my double jump. I had tap jump off, so I know the teleport input wasn't messing it up. I tried this again on various stages such as battlefield, and I had the same result on each stage I tried. Thanks
You lose your double jump when you hover, unless it is a SUPER SHORT hover Teleport.

Last edited:

WildestSpade1

Smash Cadet
If this clarifies anything, I was able to double jump after teleporting from the ground or after a single jump. Only when I started the teleport from under the level of the edge was I not able to double jump.

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, I'm not too much of a PM player, I've only played it a few times at a friend's house. I might get it myself soon and I was just wondering how good is Mewtwo considered to be? Good, average, bad? So far Mewtwo is one of the characters I would most likely consider picking up.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is swag to the max. Actually, he's a mid-high tier character imo He's definitely up there for learning curve, but his potential is huge because his combo game is incredible. He suffers from a lot of things, but he has the game to make up for it.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Playing Mewtwo vs floaties doesn't seem fun. Mewtwo still loses to swordusers. I would say he's more around mid-tier.

Vale

Smash Ace
I've noticed multiple people say that Mewtwo isn't very good against floaty characters. What are some secondaries that can help cover that?

Vale

Smash Ace
What's the point of playing Shiek when you can't dthrow chaingrab from 0-90?
/s

Thanks!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey, just wanted to step in here and say

Good luck beating Link

ss118

Smash Master
Mewtwo vs Link seems difficult but doable. If he uses too many projectiles he opens himself up via using teleport, and his sword game isn't as annoying as say Marth since he has more lag and start up. The problem is working through both if they play farther back(I use Link a good bit), but it seems more possible than certain match-ups.

oRi0n

Smash Rookie
Played several games vs. my friend's Link last night. Agree with ss118... difficult but doable. It seemed like I won the matches on FD and Smashville, but lost the ones on levels with lots of platforms. Link's projectile coverage, combined with the strength of his darn uair and dair, seem to be just enough more effective around the platforms to make the difference.

That said, most of those platform matches I would go on a spree for a stock or 2 where I was totally trucking, but would end up losing it at the end. You have to play very well to beat Link, and the platforms create enough variety that it's hard to maintain that level of consistently strong play for 4 stocks. On the flip side, especially on the more open levels, if you're accurate with your teleports and arials you can combo Link pretty much 0-death. It's possible to chain dthrow-dtilt around 0-35ish if he doesn't DI well or you do a good job of chasing. You can also chain confusions (confusion > jump > confusion, rinse and repeat) from about 90-140 and kill with fair if they DI poorly or you do a great job of chasing (note that platform levels pretty much eliminate this possibility). Computer Link is notoriously bad at DI, so 90-140 > fair kill is almost guaranteed on him (again, not on platform levels).

Rikana

Smash Champion
Swordsman + projectile zoning? Yeah. That will definitely make it more tough for Mewtwo.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Gotta say, when i saw mewtwo added to the roster i was super excited, loved seeing good mewtwo plays in melee, and hoped for a good version of him in P:M....

And i was not disappointed!

This mewtwo is freaking slick as glass. been playing him almost entirely when i get on P:M.
pretty much decided he is my P:M main the other day after a 89% kill combo on a friends falco. (i know i know fast fallers eat combos but still!)

to all those who worked on mewtwo you guys did an amazing job and i love it. really bringing back the danger and threat of mewtwo being the badass he deserves to be.

and with that I leave you with a song that will always give me goosebumps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WZsZReahfg&feature=player_detailpage#t=151
really hits you at 3:09 haha

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Why is Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir a name on Smashboards?

In other news, Down-B is a sexy combo finisher.

In other other news, does B-Air have a chance of whacking away the Rang, and does it eat Bombs without hurting Mewtwo, or is he THAT not-disjointed on the tail?

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941

In other other news, does B-Air have a chance of whacking away the Rang, and does it eat Bombs without hurting Mewtwo, or is he THAT not-disjointed on the tail?
Because that's my tag?

What a dumb question

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Wow.
Wowowowowowow
Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir is a great name now...

Edit: Bell-curve in place btw

Last edited:

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
GOOD LUCK TAGGING ME AFTER THIS, I HAVE REQUESTED A NAME CHANGE AND NONE OF YOU WILL KNOW WHO I AM! *fades into the night sky, cackling like a vampire*
When you change your name all your old posts change to that name as well, it'll be pretty easy to find you :p

Also I'm pretty sure I saw you post your new name on Facebook ;)

ss118

Smash Master
You should have kept the name till you had 9998 posts, then make a thread completely of 9's then screen shot it before changing your name

Rikana

Smash Champion

Mewtwo has a hurtbox on his tail so that should answer your question.

Top Bottom