• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

float cancel

bdc873

Smash Rookie
I really do not understand what it is...from all the faqs i still dont get it...can someone help?

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
im not a peach player, but my brother is. way i understand it, is that right when your in a float you do a move like f-air or b-air or anything, u land while doing that move while floating so when u hit the ground it takes away all lag off the move like a L-cancel. so u can do any other move right after better then a L-cancel. just float cancel is more effective and has no lag after pulling it off.
maybe some other peach player on here can explain it better, but thats kind of the whole thing about it.

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much its a way to land from an aerial and be able to perform an attack faster than you would if you l-cancled. In example you can float near the ground, use a fair, and right after the hitbox comes out, you can land (during the animation) and use a d-smash/grab/dash attack/ even another aerial or what ever.

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
I never really understood Float Cancel either.. so let me get this straigt..

1.) Istant Float near the ground
2.) F-Air (while floating)
3.) let go of float button (sometime during the F-Air animation)
4.)D-Smash

do i have it right?

brdy_

Smash Lord
You do an auto-float then the attack (you can do nair, fair, bair, dair, fair is my favorite tho) then hit down to FF while you're attacking so you land and you have very little lag. It's that simple.

bdc873

Smash Rookie
so wait ur just letting go of the float before the animation is done or something? or do u have to press the l button to like do that dodge move...hopefully someone can follow what i mean

Top Bottom