• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flaco lasers

dg-pilz-e

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I've been doing some grinding and I'm trying to think of ways to get around the Flaco short hop lasers. I'm getting destroyed by players who are over using it because I always seem to get trapped in it.

I know floating high is usually good but then they just seem to retreat and I can't get in. Also when I come down from the float cause I'm near him what's a good option to do? I usually try to grab or time a F-air right.
Thoughts?

Oaty

Smash Cadet
If you float high to dodge the lasers don't just stay like a half stage away. You have to land close enough that he's gonna want to challenge you. I like doing an FC Fair and landing right within his short hop dair range and then wavedashing back. I think the most important thing about playing vs Falco in the neutral is where you land because if you just keep landing far away then he will just keep lasering all game, so you have to land somewhere the Falco feels that another option could yield him a greater reward.

Also powershielding!!! Get 20XX and grind that ****.

Last edited:

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
work on powershielding, wdoos, and jumping out of shield under laser pressure to the correct float height

for the last two, get your timing down so that you input jump as soon as possible after a laser hits your shield. if you jump too late, you'll eat a laser approach, or you'll get caught on your way up and stuck in float at an unsafe height

Top Bottom