• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if it's been posted, but anybody in the tampa bay area, there is a bi weekly tourney going on called the sour spot (replaced the sweet spot).

The next event is June 20th at 8:00. The address is: 610 N Habana Avenue, Tampa, FL, 33609

From the FB page:
"The second Sour Spot event at my house.

Any and all Smash games are welcome, we will play the games that you guys want to play, and if there's enough people, we can run a bracket for it.

There will be no door fee, tournament fees are $2 per game.

I will look into getting a few fans to keep the area cool and get some better airflow, if anyone wants to chip in to help me cover the costs of those fans, I would greatly appreciate it!

The results of the brackets will be entered into the Tampa PR rankings.

I hope to see some new faces out at this event!"

DFEAR

Smash Hero
im curious as to know. who everyone will be maining and using as a secondary. Florida is known for its diversity, so i'm simply curious as to see who is maining what

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
I'll prolly end up picking up whichever swordsman is the best as they generally fit my playstyle best. Marth, Link or a new character from FE or the guy from XB would probably be my go to.

However, I may just end up picking greninja because I love pokemon, or bowser if he is as good as he looked in the demo because I main bowser is one of my favorite characters to play in melee.

Might play shiek if she is melee level as well.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
im curious as to know. who everyone will be maining and using as a secondary. Florida is known for its diversity, so i'm simply curious as to see who is maining what
Kirby and Ness will always be my primaries while Yoshi, Pit and Bowser my complimentary. However, I'm looking to be the best Palutena main in FL solely because I absolutely loved her in Kid Icarus Uprising. I'll make every effort to master her the way I did Kirby and to some extent, Ness.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Guess that'll make me the first best kirby in fl if jiggs is available to play.
Are you looking forward to his custom moves? I'd hope we're able to use such things in tournaments since it'd make "clone matches" a lot more fun when we have different movesets for the same character. I'm going to miss Bomb Kirby though (aka Snake's hat).

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm just more hopeful about the internet connection for online tournaments and friendlies.
For the custom moves, being used competitively sounds unlikely, but it's worth a shot.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm just more hopeful about the internet connection for online tournaments and friendlies.
For the custom moves, being used competitively sounds unlikely, but it's worth a shot.
Well, Nintendo Network is a lot more stable than WiFi Connection from my experience.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I agree with Nintendo Connection being better than the Wifi Connection.

But intellectual badass? C'mon, man. That's a misnomer if I ever heard one.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
You don't even know me. We've never sat around and drank coffee.

Truth be told, you bear no relevance to me and I'm not even trying to shade you.

You don't write my checks, pay my bills or do anything for me to care if you disagree with me.

You've probably seen many misnomers considering you have liked the posts that contain them. So, you can't really stand by that.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Hell and blood, man. Dial it back.

You've probably seen many misnomers considering you have liked the posts that contain them. So, you can't really stand by that.
You should have realized that I was joking if that were the case.

Smooth Criminal

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Hell and blood, man. Dial it back.

You should have realized that I was joking if that were the case.

Smooth Criminal
The only times you've ever communicated with me is when stupid **** like this happens. Joking or not, I don't appreciate the nuisance.

When you have a something compelling, interesting or of value to say, talk to me. Otherwise, don't.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
When did I ever say that?

The question isn't why I don't like anyone or whatever nonsense you speak. It's more of how in the world did anyone find my comment towards Vinyl about a network being superior to its predecessor offensive or provocative that they must go into attack mode and in part bring Smooth Criminal from the woodwork (who hasn't spoken to me for almost a year up until now) and of course, as I predicted, you were well on your way to post something that isn't even clever. At all. At least to me, it isn't. Anyways, the only times you've even spoken to me, is when you want to attack for no reason knowing this had nothing to do with you and this isn't the first time. I can't conceive the thought of why some people find simple comments offensive or think it is appropriate to bother someone over nothing.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Nice paragraph.
Most of what I see you do is ***** about people "attacking" you.
Get better IRL.
Another lie. It's like you sat down with Yoss to concoct another fairytale.

Most of what I post is in the Miiverse discussions. And even if that was the case, it has really has nothing to do with you.
So please get over yourself.

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Another lie. It's like you sat down with Yoss to concoct another fairytale.

Most of what I post is in the Miiverse discussions. And even if that was the case, it has really has nothing to do with you.
So please get over yourself.
What I see.
I don't look at Miiverse discussion, therefore it is out of my sight.
And... Yoss? Really? I guess I talk to him now.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
What I see.
I don't look at Miiverse discussion, therefore it is out of my sight.
And... Yoss? Really? I guess I talk to him now.
Okay, so stop claiming that I ***** about people exclusively. Me disliking 4 people in the scene doesn't count for the whole state of Florida.

And that Yoss thing, I wasn't being serious. I'm just throwing back to the time where he made a claim about me whining to Ed or something for drowning in pools, when that was never the case. Nothing but a fairy tale.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I didn't say you did it exclusively, are you capable of reading?

As in, in FL threads, where I see you.
You implied it. And you assumed I disliked most people in Florida Smash when I don't. If DFEAR didn't take offense to my comment directed at Vinyl, we wouldn't be in this predicament. My impression is that some of you don't like it when people retaliate or stick up for themselves.

PS: You should be the last person to even ask anyone if they're capable of reading.

Last edited:

Shinryuenjin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shinryuenjin
I've noticed that there is practically little to no tournament scene here in Lee/Collier county so I'm trying to gauge the demand for tournaments in the SWFL Lee/Collier area(Fort Myers/Cape Coral/Port Charlotte). I wish to start my own in the future if there are enough people. If there are already regular tournaments around here I don't know about let me know, but as far as I can tell Smash is pretty dead around here.

Melee and Project M are the focus here but I don't have a hateboner for Brawl so Brawl is also on the table if enough people want to play it.

So any players around here?

IceBro

Smash Rookie
Going to be looking to starting weeklies at my apartment come the DS release of Smash in the West Palm Beach area. Lets get some communication going so its strong.

Top Bottom