• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL, CuttingEdgeGaming tournys

Asper

Smash Rookie
12/17/06 Results:
1st. Mankosuki (Doc, Jiggs, Luigi, Samus)
2nd. Harriettheguy (Falcon, Falco, Fox)
3rd. King of Hearts (Link)
4th. CKRikou (Peach)
5th. Asper (Link, Marth, Jiggs)

Fun tourney, was good meeting more of the Tampa area smashers. If that rumor about future tourneys having cash reward is true, I'm sure I'll be able to bring more guys with me once winter break is over. There's Me, Noucles, LW_48, Rohins, Hulk, and ShadowSquall. Maybe Brandon guys would make the trip too, though it's even farther for them. About 40 minutes for us and an hour for them.
nooo... not noucles or charles :/ they scare me lol.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
lol, yeah they're good. Just remember that playing people who pwn your **** is the best way to get better. ;)

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
alright updated the first post well untill I come across some extra cash I probably won't be participating might go to watch but not to participate (not in a hurry to lose $10)

Asper

Smash Rookie
alright updated the first post well untill I come across some extra cash I probably won't be participating might go to watch but not to participate (not in a hurry to lose $10)
Psh cmon now, its no fun to sit an watch. Im getting a wii tomorrow and after that, its intensive smash training time lol. Call me Lime >_<

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
It might be really frustrating, but the best experience you can get is from the tournaments. Even if you get spanked it's worth finding out what did you in. I haven't placed top 3 in any tournament I've gone too but I feel my game improves each time I go.

I'm not knock'n friendlies, but I think they can only get you so far. In the tournament setting there's more pressure and a wider variety of styles you have to face. Amongst friends you get used to their to how they play. You may improve against them but the stuff you learn might not be applicable to other players.

Anyways, regardless if you enter the tournament or not we should do some friendlies. I'm always down to meet new smashers :)

lvl9 CP

Smash Apprentice
Ann Arbor MI/Los Alamos NM/Gainesville FL/Tampa FL
I have the sudden urge to play smash; anyone up for some friendlies? My parents say it's okay to use the house, so call me if you need directions at 727-698-0647 (if anyone else wants to host it at thier place, I'm fine with that too). How about it Manko/MHB/Lime/others?

EDIT: I'm thinking we could start this early afternoon on Friday, like at 1:00. Thoughts?

lvl9 CP

Smash Apprentice
Ann Arbor MI/Los Alamos NM/Gainesville FL/Tampa FL
It sucks that you guys are busy tomorrow, we'll have to have another smash gathering in the new year (but I'm still up for smash tomorrow if anyone else is. We'll hold it in honor of MHB/Lime's absence)

EDIT: On account of nobody having confirmed yet and me playing soccer tomorrow, I am rescheduling this for Friday.

Asper

Smash Rookie
If anyone ever wants some friendlies, Im usually free, call me at 727 204 5623and we'll figure somethin out, problem is I have no car and I work today., but Im always home. I live in clearwater, near the bestbuy on 19.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
sorry lvl9 CP, I was out of town for the holidays. So are you going to make it to the tourney this weekend? I should be there. ^_^

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
chances look grim for me showing up tommorow I beilieve Lime is busy unless Asper is going and can give me a ride no chance in hell i'm gunna make it (I could ride a bike or walk but once again I would get there spend $10 bucks get sent to the loser bracket and probably lose there too cause I keeps it real)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
You don't want to miss this one. Goldwing & Lumbro might show up since they live near by (Goldwing in Clearwater & Lumbro in Palm Harbor). Still no Noucles/L_W48/Hulk though since they're in SFL still. But I imagine the three of them and Rohins would be interested in going to the 01/28/07 tourney since school will have started back up by then.

PM me your address and I could see about picking you up. I'm comming from Tampa anyway so what's a few extra miles? However, I'd prefer you to get a ride from someone in town though since I don't really know the area over there. King of Hearts had told me Asper was going, so I'm sure he could take you.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Yeah well I don't want to miss any tournaments in general ive missed out on them for the past forever as a matter of fact that last cutting edge tourny I went to was my first. I'm gunna PM Asper but i'll PM you my address and cell number(just incase) it is a little out of the way of everyone though thats the only problem but yeah

Asper

Smash Rookie
Sadly Im in the same boat kind of, but I am within walking distance of cutting edge. King of hearts may be able to get you though since he may be picking me up for some pre tourney practice.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
M/H/B: I didn't see you use Falco at all, but I was impressed with your Mario. You don't give yourself enough credit. Just keep at it and you'll get better each time.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
My Falco has been lacking lately i'm thinking about dropping him for Mario and Peach (**** peach is why I can't use Falco like I used to) I did use Falco in my second match with Lumbro but he destroyed me I even said to myself "big mistake using Falco now" but oh well what can I do thanks I know I don't give myself credit but look at what I could be "I 4m T3h Best in t3h world!!!!1!!11!!ONE" so yeah...

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I was supprised I was able to stay for the ENTIRE thing. That includes the friendlies afterwards. Ah..., friendlies are soothing. I need more practice, but I'm not sure how much I will be able to get in this semester =(. Stupid school getting in the way of things. 16 credit hours = NO FUN TIME!!! My brain hurts already *sigh*.

p.s. Whee! I'm two days late!

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Well it's official as of now I am grounded for life (why do I insist on not trying at school) I might be able to make the tournament on the 28th (It may involve a lot of begging and or pleeding) but yeah I dunno if I do go I dunno I guess i'll lose to either Manko or Harriet or someone but if not I will seeya guys at the next one

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
on behalf of M/H/b

"I'd like to know who else might come to the tourney this Sunday. It would totally suck if like 4 people show up. If ya can come, see ya there!"

so, yeah, I'll be there too seeing as I'm alwasys am.
oh and if like some has some time to kill after the tourney, me and Monk could really use a ride back home. >.>

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
there's out of towners here due to the Area 51 tourney today. SO some of them will be comming. It'll definately be bigger than ussual.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
well thats pretty cool.
essentialy it means I'll get killed off with a bigger audience of good people. but that's just half the fun. =P

looks like I'll only be there to increase the pot again. enjoy.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
That tourny was great I'm glad to see that I can at least hold my own against some of the better players however I was quite confused that Manko didn't show up...That was going to be one of my last tournaments for quite some time due to
1) lack of money
and 2) lack of freedom....

but whatever i'll seeya guys whenever I seeya...

PS New Computer YAY...

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Hey everybody just updated the tournament dates looks like we won't be having a tourny till March maybe by that time I will have some moneys if not i'm sure I could watch/play friendlies also sorry I don't have the info on who won the last tournament...sad face oh well peace out

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Thanks for keeping us updated M/H/B, I've now added them to the Florida Thread.

Sorry I didn't make it out there last time. I was at a John Mayer concert with my girlfriend in Orlando the night before, and didn't make it back in town in time. I'll try to make it to the March ones.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
It varies between 15 and 25 people I suppose, it's pretty much been getting bigger every time.

Though I'll tell you that out of all the upcomming Tampa area tourneys this is the farthest from Sarasota. On March 10th, there's [thread=93832]Twilight Showdown 2[/thread] in Brandon, and on March 25th there's [thread=96733]another tournament[/thread] in Englewood.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
Good news!
Tourney tomorow.

Same as usual. Singles start at 2PM, teams at 5:30 (depending on nhow long it takes to finish singles).

M/H/B and I'll be there again. Expect my usualy loss in the first match. =P
potfillers ftw!

Top Bottom