• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL, CuttingEdgeGaming tournys

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Alright here is the info for the tournaments at cutting edge gaming

2010 Drew St
Clearwater, FL 33765

All tournaments are $10.00 per person and $20.00 per team
60% of the entry money will be split between 1st 2nd and 3rd place and 4th will recieve one free hour
Rules will be disclose on site (www.cuttingedgegamingcenter.com) or over phone (727-216-9740)
----------
Sunday 3/25 2:00 til around 5:30 (depends on entries) followed by teams
----------

SheerMadness

Smash Master
You're going to wanna make singles and teams on the same day. Nobody is going to wanna travel out of town for only a singles or doubles tourney.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Just make sure you ask the time of the tourneys more than three times. If you don't, you'll get the wrong time.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Well since I'm so close I'll most likely be there. I'll try to bring some USF guys too.

Thanks for the longer notice this time. :)

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
If Lime can give me a ride I will be able to make the team but for the singles I probably will be stuck at home (I hate report cards [Insert Sad Face Here])

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Hey Lvl 9 Im up for smashing!

and Mankosuki awsome!

cutting edge is a cool place and im def going to the next one! Ill try and get aqua and st.anger to.
Hey just noticeing but... is it a good idea to start singles at 8pm?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
lvl9, keep us posted on details when you get here. I'd like to smash too.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Between Cutting Edge and lvl9's place, I'd choose lvl9's since Clear Water is 45 minutes from me and Pinellas Park is about 30 minutes. It's also closer for the Brandon guys if they were to come.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Pinellas Park's too far for me. Cutting Edge is only 5 minutes away. Also I am pretty much the only transportation for my friends, and they are usually broke, which means no extra gas money.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
this is going to be the last tournament for a while (I probably shouldn't even be going to this one) and like Lime said i'm usally broke so i'm gunna go where he goes if I see you guys there then whatever if not i'll probably see you in a month

lvl9 CP

Smash Apprentice
Ann Arbor MI/Los Alamos NM/Gainesville FL/Tampa FL
As far as Nov 10th Smash goes:
My place is actually in Palm Harbor in Pinellas county (I say tampa in my profile because nobody knows where Palm Harbor is), which is maybe 15 minutes north of Clearwater. For those that know the area, it's just off of Alderman Road/Palm Harbor High School. For you poor chumps who don't have/can't afford transportation, I'm sure we can find someone to give you a ride.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Sweet, I know where Palm Harboer is. Also my dad has a friend that lives off of Alderman. So I know the general area, so maybe I'll be able to go. I may bring big_freddy and Monk/Honkey/Banana as well.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
As far as Nov 10th Smash goes:
My place is actually in Palm Harbor in Pinellas county (I say tampa in my profile because nobody knows where Palm Harbor is), which is maybe 15 minutes north of Clearwater. For those that know the area, it's just off of Alderman Road/Palm Harbor High School. For you poor chumps who don't have/can't afford transportation, I'm sure we can find someone to give you a ride.
oh ok, when you said Pinellas I thought you were refering to Pinellas Park which is closer to Saint Pete. Looks like you're about 45 minutes from me as well, just slightly less than Clear Water is by 3 minutes. :p

So you are planning to have a smash fest/tourney at your place on the 10th?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
sure, no problem.

*edit*: since there's now three tourneys practically back-to-back I won't make it to the 11/12 team one and possibly not the 11/15 singles one either. It's about an hour and a half round trip each time and I'm fairly low on dough. Does CuttingEdge do a pot split for winning? That's probably the only way I can afford to go.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
All tournaments are $5.00 per person
Prizes vary on size of entry
so if their is alot of people they probably will split the pot but if their isn't then they will probably just hand out hours for the computers seeing how this place isn't that big yet I wouldn't count on winning a good enough cash prize but whatever I will probably see you on the 10th (If this cold doesn't get a worse)

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Im up for the tourney on the 10th.
you also get a tshirt if you get hours or something like that.

well im up for both tournies senice I live 5 mins away and palm harbor isnt a bad drive.

backaftw

Smash Rookie
so if their is alot of people they probably will split the pot but if their isn't then they will probably just hand out hours for the computers seeing how this place isn't that big yet I wouldn't count on winning a good enough cash prize but whatever I will probably see you on the 10th (If this cold doesn't get a worse)
As far as I know the prize is always hours no matter what the player yield is.

backaftw

Smash Rookie
Its 5 dollars to sign up for singles and teams. They get a few good players, not all of them are anything to write home about though. The prize is going to be hours until CE starts getting more people in for the tournaments.

Asper

Smash Rookie
There were some good matches there, and it was cool meeting manko and seeing harriet there. The next tournament at CE will have a cash prize (thats just what I was told, dont quote me)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Sweet, I could use some money. ;)

The site also says that starting January they are having tourneys every Sunday. Though the woman working there also said that it'd be different games cycled around so we'd have to see how often smash comes up...

Asper

Smash Rookie
yeah hopefully there will be a way of convincing them to make it always smash... other games suck lol :) Either way I hope to see more people there for the next tourney, and I still claim a match against you manko. (this is Eris, Asper is my new name in smash)

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Yeah...sorry Lime and myself had to leave early his dad is a **** basicly but yeah good times *Thinks back to where I got grabbed and didn't break free and then almost Falcon Punched..* yeah good times if you guys don't mind tell me how it ended (I want to see how close I was to getting it right) yeah whatever hope to see you guys at the next one and I hope to do a little better then eliminated first round

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
12/17/06 Results:
1st. Mankosuki (Doc, Jiggs, Luigi, Samus)
2nd. Harriettheguy (Falcon, Falco, Fox)
3rd. King of Hearts (Link)
4th. CKRikou (Peach)
5th. Asper (Link, Marth, Jiggs)

Fun tourney, was good meeting more of the Tampa area smashers. If that rumor about future tourneys having cash reward is true, I'm sure I'll be able to bring more guys with me once winter break is over. There's Me, Noucles, LW_48, Rohins, Hulk, and ShadowSquall. Maybe Brandon guys would make the trip too, though it's even farther for them. About 40 minutes for us and an hour for them.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Jan 6th would be best for me cause I'll probably still be gone on the 30th. It's most likely better for others as well.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I may host a tourney early later on in the break (Dec 30th or Jan 6th?), but for now I'm just looking to play for fun/practice.
Any time is good for me (and M/H/B) hopefully I do not have to work [typing with my Wii-mote is ALOT of work]

Top Bottom