• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fish Flop Presents: Outrage III? | Date TBA - April 1st, 2014 - Ann Arbor, MI

JTsm

Smash Master
Will you guys be open to the idea of having an Amatur Bracket?

:phone:
We were thinking about having an amateur bracket with the Top 2 being seeded into the pro bracket. It would depend on the time, the number of people and how many set ups we have. It would have to be extremely quick if we decide to do it. That time when amateur bracket is going on would be perfect for seeding the bracket and just add the top two.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Probably not, Amatuer Bracket has only shown to work if you have a plethora of setups and give priority to the main tournament.

JTsm

Smash Master
Ye. I mean, it would be cool, but resources can vary and we can't really depend on how things will work at the day of the tourney.

Xatic

Smash Lord
We talked about Amatuer Bracket a little bit (JTsm and I) and we like the idea but like; it's too much of a time consumer we think. So even if we WERE to do it, whoever won wouldn't get seeded into bracket. It'd just be for a smaller prize pool.

We have thrown the idea around some. Just too little time to do one in a 1 day event.

If anyone has ideas we're always open to them, so don't be afraid to debate with us a little.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Wait... Top 2 being seeded to the pro bracket?

I thought Amatuer brackets didn't work like that.

Also, talk to Ankoku about how he runs an Amatuer Bracket in his locals.

Xatic

Smash Lord
As I said; I thought that my idea of having a smaller prize pool for them is more logical on time. But it's cool we'll still take ideas about it.

Although we will probably just play this first one safe tbh. Just letting you know xD

JTsm

Smash Master
Well yeah most don't, but it was used in a tourney that happened not too long ago (Forgot which one).

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Same goes for me, but I don't care where you can't drink/smoke

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wait... Top 2 being seeded to the pro bracket?

I thought Amatuer brackets didn't work like that.

Also, talk to Ankoku about how he runs an Amatuer Bracket in his locals.

I don't understand...?

LOE1

Smash Lord
i remember tech drinking right in front of me when i took a game off his sandbagging *** at SPAU1

good times

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yeah, I was plastered for the later half of the event.

You didn't get to see my kung fu kicking greatness after the event though.....:denzel:

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I remember Derek offering me his Whiskey if I took a game off of him at PS2.

I should've gotten a sip for :dedede: dash attacking him.

:denzel:

dbattleground

Smash Rookie
Digital Battleground Keeps You Linked

This is Greg...creator and owner of Digital Battleground. What once was just a simple gaming league has now now transformed into a major HUB for Michigan Gamers to find tournaments in our Great Lakes State.

We added your event to our MI LAN Calendar at dbattleground.com to go slong with our nice list of gaming tournaments being held in Michigan.

Check it out when you get a chance

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Uh, it looks like your domain expired.

You and I should chat though. I run the most successful Brawl series in MI. The date will be official by New Years. But I could use all the help I can get spreading the word. I.l like what you're doing. Thanks for adding my friends' event to your site.

Xatic

Smash Lord
I was able to get the website working Derek.

But yeah, dbattleground, if you want to talk more about anything just let me know; send me a PM on here or add me on Skype (daywalker562) those are the best ways to contact me :3

And thanks for looking us up :)

Top Bottom