• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Week Sales For Brawl?

brawlbro1993

Smash Rookie
what do u guys think the first week sales will be for brawl wen it comes out in the US and Japan???

Keige

Smash Journeyman
250,000 at least. Everyone who has a Wii wants Brawl (except for the obscenely old people).

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
it should be good it's one of the most actually thinking about it i would say it is the most anticipated game for the wii so sales should be good.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
It will sell a lot. I actually think it will sell more than halo worldwide because the 360 isn't nearly as popular as the Wii in japan. (according to my brother reading lots of random internet crap)

ff7freddy

Smash Cadet
SMG sold over 500,000 copies. I think we all know that Brawl will sell more than Galaxy, so we at least know that its over 500,000 i guess.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Naw...it's statistically impossible for Brawl to beat Halo 3's sales.

Not only is it far less anticipated by the mainstream public than Halo 3, there are also more XBox 360s out there than Wiis (about 17.7 million vs. 13-14 million I think), so if you scale it up from those numbers, it'll still sell a lot less.

But it's still gonna sell a lot. Definitely going to be the best selling game for the Wii, and it's definitely going to be the killer app for the Wii.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman

Not only is it far less anticipated by the mainstream public than Halo 3, there are also more XBox 360s out there than Wiis (about 17.7 million vs. 13-14 million I think), so if you scale it up from those numbers, it'll still sell a lot less.

But it's still gonna sell a lot. Definitely going to be the best selling game for the Wii, and it's definitely going to be the killer app for the Wii.
******* confirmed for brawl!

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
its no halo... I haven't seen any Brawl doritos yet, we'll see though.
the gamestop near me said that they have more reservations for Brawl than they had for Halo 3. couple that with the fact that there are more Wii owners than 360 owners, and i think Brawl has a good shot at outselling Halo 3, even without licensed snack food.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace

your xbox360 data is inflated by about 5 million units. go back and do some better research.

EDIT: bah...sorry for the double post.

Uoaei

Smash Rookie
I predict at least 400k on Japan (supposedly it's in the top 5 most anticipated games along with games like DMC4 and FF13) and at least million on America.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
its no halo... I haven't seen any Brawl doritos yet, we'll see though.
There should be Brawl Doritos. That'd be awesome. I'd start eating chips again for them!

There were people lined up at my Gamestop... I didn't even know people in this state played games. So they have to be high, high sales.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well waiting for Brawl i was the first 10 people there :laugh: at 10 A.M then at 10:50. holy **** so much people where there I couldn't believe my eyes. and guess what. They Sold out.

rigapeen

Smash Apprentice
my local gamestop had about 600 preorders. dont konw how many copies they had for regular sale. theres about 6 other video game stores within a 5 mile radius of me and i'm in deep suburbia.

increase in smashboards traffic will not be proportional at all btw. and after seeing the crowd of losers at midnight release, i am glad of teh fact.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
How come the figures aren't out yet??
Japanese figures were out long ago. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142602
They are updated once per week.

There are no weekly figures for the US because US sales are released monthly. The only way we'd get a weekly figure is if Nintendo released it themselves. You can expect the first month of Brawl sales in the second week of April.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
oh i don't know...5 million, which is an understatement. it doesn't matter to me, if it sells 5 copies or 5 million, the game is still my favorite of the series

Top Bottom