• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First video, needing tips. fox vs. samus

leechy9

Smash Cadet
hey i just put my first ssbm vid on youtube, and i want yall to criticize it. rate lightly please.

fox is my 4th best char so dont expect a great show, and at one point i was just showing some of the cool stuff that the characters can do.

also, i was just playing around with my friend. if i was really serious i would have more stuff in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUANO79Sq2M

MuseLives

Smash Journeyman
Enjoying some leisurely chaos...in New Jersey
I will keep this light, but it'll be constructive so please don't be offended by the criticism.

1) You use the dash attack and the fsmash way too much. Against good opponents, this will get you destroyed because it is predictable and laggy, not to mention easily shieldgrabbed.

2) You said in your video description about not wanting to hear about wavedashes, but it is important. At the very least, if you aren't going to push the shine to its full potential with waveshines, just jump cancel your shines so you aren't a sitting duck in the lag.

3) Don't taunt

4) You seldom used your aerials. Foxes aerials are quite potent, especially when SHFFLing is applied. On that note, learn to incorporate SHFFL's, l-cancels to shines, etc. SHFFLs will greatly improve your overall speed. For a character like fox, speed is overwhelming.

5) USmash is broken. Abuse it.

6) Uthrow -> uair is good. Abuse it.

7) You need more mindgames (fakeouts, variety of moves, being unpredictable, etc.)

8) Your edgeguarding can use a lot of work. Learn to use shine gimps, edgehogs, aerials, dsmashes, etc. in your edgegame.

9) lol, dthrow spike ftw.

10) <3 Seeing Extender.

Edit: also a video capture card will help your video quality issues. You can find decent ones on the internet for as little as $25 or $30

leechy9

Smash Cadet
thx, like i sad this is my 4th best character and i do alot more of the stuff your talking about with falco, who is my best. but ya i like to hear what im doing wrong. thx again

leechy9

Smash Cadet
oh ya, and the taunting was my controller stuck lol, i was using my friends and i forgot his freaks sometimes. i meant to press it once.

Top Bottom