• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 First time traveler

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
So, my friend and I are planning a trip to Apex this year. We are hoping to bring more people along and make it a group trip and maybe a side trip to New York City as well.
The question I have is, my friend lives in Florida and money is a bit of a problem for her.
She was looking to getting from Florida to New Jersey from plane so we are wondering if anyone has any tips/transportation ideas for her. Any help would be much appreciated :cyclops:

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations on being the first time traveler.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
If you really WERE the first time traveler, you would have to work out issues of how the Earth moves, leaving you stranded in space. If you did that, just use that mechanism to teleport your friend from Florida.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
If you can't afford plane tickets, your options are pretty limited. Check Amtrack, Greyhound, and Megabus, or try to find some other people form your area and get a full car and drive. Full car because then you can split the gas money among more people :p

Edit: As a sidenote, I'd just like to point out that while a 15 hour drive with a full car of people sounds miserable at first, driving to/from smash tournies are some of the best memories I have. This is including 8 hour detours cause the highway went down, and a 9 hour drive home from RoM with 6 people in a car that can comfortably fit 4

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
Ah, thanks for the input! I had forgotten to even look at the Greyhound bus, we are currently looking at different plane tickets and having her meet up with me in Maryland and driving from there so thanks for the input!

Rizner

Smash Ace
check out mega bus. I know people that used it last year for Florida to apex for cheap. That or contact Florida people on the boards who are making there trip if they have seats open.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Anyone know if Megabus is sponsoring again this year?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Ah that actually may be what we're looking for, my other question is what bus is new york to new jersey?
If you're in New York, New York, use the New Jersey transit system. It's a great way to go from New York to New Jersey and it's pretty cheap.

Top Bottom