• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Things First

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
So a couple days ago I picked up CF cause I was looking for a good secondary and because I've always loved Falcon as a character. I've never been particularly good with him though, and right now I'm still getting straight bodied by most of the PM CPUs.

Any tips for this beginner Falcon player?

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Make sure you can make smart reads on rolls and techs, usually follow them up with a grab or if they're high up use a knee. If you aren't sure you can hit a knee, don't go for it. If the knee situation is where they're above you then go for an up air, just take what you can get. Make sure you get your L cancelling down and can move around really fast and mobile

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
Make sure you can make smart reads on rolls and techs, usually follow them up with a grab or if they're high up use a knee. If you aren't sure you can hit a knee, don't go for it. If the knee situation is where they're above you then go for an up air, just take what you can get. Make sure you get your L cancelling down and can move around really fast and mobile
Thanks man! What about d-airs? I see a lot of people chaining them together, but I can't figure out how they do it.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
If you can read techs and rolls that's where they shine because you can pop them up into another dair, a knee, up air, or a re grab, and start something new right away. I would suggest either the up air or the grab unless they're at high percent, then it's the knee. If you're feeling lucky you can try an all or nothing dair to intercept their recovery, just make sure you don't die if you miss. And you an try a short hop dashing dair for a pop up or damage

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
By the way I forgot to mention this, but you may already know, the down air's hitbox is CF's entire body below his head, but I think it may be stronger at the feet, either way you can use that to any sort of advantage

Top Bottom