• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Post! L or R?

dnlevo

Smash Rookie
Question!:
Just wondering, when people generally use tech skills, do you use the "L" button, or the "R" button?
L-cancelling, Wave Dashing---

C.SDK

Smash Ace
I use L for L-canceling and shielding, and I use R for shielding and wavedashing, and I alternate between L and R to air dodge.

Bones0

Smash Legend
L: L-cancelling, light shielding, airdodging, teching, hard shielding in most scenarios
R: powershielding, shai dropping, shield stoppinghard shielding in a few scenarios

milligraham

Smash Apprentice
I use L for l-cancelling and R for pretty much everything else.

Side Note: It's been extremely difficult to stop myself from fully pressing L when I l-cancel. Anyone got any good tips to help me get in the habit of partially pressing L?

Sashimi

Smash Ace
I trigger-trick my controller (for parrying), so I can't light-press L. It only activates when I full-press it.

L: Wavedashing/landing, L-cancelling, Parrying, Full shielding, Air Dodging
R: Light shielding and Rolling/Sidestepping.

The weird thing is that when I play P:M, I L-cancel with R, and I have no idea why. It just happens.

Marmalad3

Smash Cadet
I pretty much use R for everything except l-canceling and when I u-smash out of shield. I don't know how or why I started doing it but muscle memory is a tricky mistress.

ckap

Smash Rookie
I use R for wavedashing and L for basically everything else. Don't know why, just feels a bit more natural to me.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I L for L cancelling and R for everything else. WD OOS with just R is not ideal but I find it only a little slower and am far more consistent with just R so why not?

4 Aces

Smash Ace
R for wavedashing and wavelanding. L for everything else. Shielding, teching, rolling, etc.

I guess if I do that flashy/pointless thing where you alternate between light shielding and hard shielding really quick. Kinda have to use both L and R for that. In that case, I use R for light shielding, but only if I feel like being stupid.

Top Bottom