• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Gameplay Footage of Smash Wii U Uploaded

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Mark "Chibo" Korsak of Clash Tournaments has uploaded the very first video of gameplay for Super Smash Brothers Wii U at E3. The two minute video is a battle between two Villigers, Greninja, and Samus. Gameplay appears to be faster than the 3DS version and if you pay close attention to Samus, you can see attempts to make shorthopped aerials work. What did you spot in the action?

Update: Keitaro has footage with commentary!
And some more!

Last edited:

KillJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
K0maeda
3DS FC
0361-6214-0350
Maybe because it's free for alls, and maybe because it's not like top tier players, but it seems to be as slow as Brawl.

No complaints, I loved Brawl, but I'd like to see it potentially sped up a bit?

Also, Sonic bull**** FS confirmed

Last edited:

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how to feel about this. Especially with Mii being announced today I feel like this is just another brawl

crispfish

Smash Cadet
forcing ourselves to like a game just cuz we want to give nintendo a shot / brawl type game a shot is imo the right thing to do

i bet teams is amazing in this game and we will always have melee

imo this will be sexy af cuz new characters and hd graphics
i just hope there isnt another split into two communities Kappa

crispfish

Smash Cadet
also how bout some downloadable content

aka wavedashing and L canceling

so the competitive players can play a mans game while the ******* play this party game with their parents

BIGSmeez

Smash Cadet
NNID
BIGSmeez
3DS FC
0920-1652-8184
Hey it's brawl with a Hdmi hook up!!! Well fingers crossed this isn't the huge let down I think it will be

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Yknow Melee looks slow when you hand it someone who hasn't played it.

Let's wait a bit, this is the first vid we've gotten guys. Smash 4 will NEVER be Melee, but it doesn't have to be to be good.

D

Deleted member

Screen KOs look hilarious. I'm just happy the results screen at last years E3 was a placeholder, and the final has you applaud for your enemy.

Qsmash

Smash Cadet
People saying it looks as slow as Brawl need to go play Brawl right now.

Last edited:

KillJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
K0maeda
3DS FC
0361-6214-0350
You should complain. How else will they know that melee was better?
As if they're not aware already.

Melee was awesome. But Brawl was a great game in its own right. So god damn, if we get a Brawl 2.0 with HD and better online, sign me the **** up.

Meleefan

Smash Cadet
Yknow Melee looks slow when you hand it someone who hasn't played it.

Let's wait a bit, this is the first vid we've gotten guys. Smash 4 will NEVER be Melee, but it doesn't have to be to be good.
My inner skeptic says not to get too excited, but you're probably right to some degree. Btw, good videos.

Last edited:

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
Are we seriously just giving up on this game already? Jesus guys, so it's not Melee. Weren't we expecting this? Remember gameplay between Brawl and Melee? Melee was a masterpiece, but we don't need this going down the drain like Brawl did. This is just too crucial a time.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
As if they're not aware already.

Melee was awesome. But Brawl was a great game in its own right. So god damn, if we get a Brawl 2.0 with HD and better online, sign me the **** up.
Brawl and great should not be used in the same sentence unless there's a not in between. Brawl was not even acceptable by any means

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
There aren't any wavedashes or L cancel, I was really expecting for it to return, but it seems that Nintendo's logic is flawed
I'm not sure when they even promised, hinted, or shown any of these possible exploits. I'm sure you just expected too much.

BIGSmeez

Smash Cadet
NNID
BIGSmeez
3DS FC
0920-1652-8184
Well good thing I didn't rush to buy a wii u, hopefully during the invitational they can change my mind... As of now... Back to PM

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
also how bout some downloadable content

aka wavedashing and L canceling

so the competitive players can play a mans game while the ****ies play this party game with their parents
I'll have you know my mom is a ****ing goddess at smash.

Last edited:

Qsmash

Smash Cadet
There aren't any wavedashes or L cancel, I was really expecting for it to return, but it seems that Nintendo's logic is flawed
It still manages to be faster than Brawl without those. Smash doesn't need wavedashing and L cancelling.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Oh, great... Brawl air-dodging makes a return.
Pretty sure it was confirmed that Brawl airdodging was going to be in this game... Have you been living under a rock until now?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It doesn't really look like Brawl, looks closer to some early forms of Brawl+. I see flashy stuff but so far I still remain on the fence about the gameplay. It has a passing grade as a party game so far but all smash games have a passing grade as a party game imo. As something more than that...Evo? MLG? I'm not seeing it so far..

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
You guys know how big a Shadow fan I am, but honestly I'm not too disappointed that he's still an Assist Trophy. What I am disappointed in, however, is that he still has the same effect as the Timer. Chaos Blast would've been better IMO.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure when they even promised, hinted, or shown any of these possible exploits. I'm sure you just expected too much.
It's not that they were promised or hinted, but rather that it seemed like the logical thing to do. But I'll still hope for stuff that makes the game more interesting and speeds up the pace of the game while adding technical skills into the next level. And we have Project M worst case scenario

Mahyar

Smash Rookie
Kinda glad that wavedashing and L-Canceling is gone. Watching the game with Bowser and DK didnt look slow as near as slow as brawl.

Top Bottom