• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Ever Smash Tourny in CONNECTICUT, a Leisure Event February 11th - RESULTS IN!!

Brookman

Smash Hero
Thanks to shadows we now have an extremely awesome banner for our tournament...

I know mine was crappy as hell, I did it in a crap program that I could probably write by myself.

thanks alot Shadows!

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
Hey, if shminkledorf doesn't mind, I might bring my brother who is worse than anything. That'll insure that no one will feel bad for coming in last (probably gonna be me). You can just walk all over him. Shminkledorf is bringing 3+ plus people with him, so this'll be really fun.
Holy crap, why don't I bring the rest of your family too?
ANYWAY
He's right, chances are there'll be an extra person or two opposed to the 2 others I thought I would be bringing. So now the number is possibly up to 3-5 people coming with me.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I think we're around 30 people actually...

so figure first place gets around 225$

I'm gonna do nothing but play smash till the tourny XD

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
You guys should put this tournament up on the schedule thingy. You might get more people to come.

It took me like 30 minutes to find this thread after hearing about it in another thread. lol

How far is this from Worcester you think? 75-90 minutes about? I know it's south of Hartford.

One other thing. When is this thing gonna start? I'd kinda like to know what time the event is going to start since I would have some travel time to account for.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I emailed the guy about the official time, but he has yet to respond. I suppose I'll put it on the calendar.

right now I think it starts at 11 or 11:30 should be plenty of time, just go to bed and get up like a normal human.

severance

Smash Rookie
sounds good to me, one ? though. Are there gonna be sign-ups prior to the tournament date, or will you sign-up when you get there?

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
N00b tournies r the best, then I could just go in and win. And that would I could feed my kinds on christmas. lmao

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
bwhahaha i made a username on this poopy sponser powered forum...just for you!(mike/paul), of course im going to be there zZzZzZzZ

take my money pl0x? then i win back at team time k? :D

Brookman

Smash Hero
as far as I know there are no teams this

also official times:

warm up/registration from 10-12

the tournament will start at 12 sharp.

Aiser

Smash Lord
wow, tourny in Ct..>>; this is indeed odd o_o; not sure if I could go though =\ I live north of ct almost on the mass border =\ I can try but I suck majorly =T

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
Aiser said:
wow, tourny in Ct..>>; this is indeed odd o_o; not sure if I could go though =\ I live north of ct almost on the mass border =\ I can try but I suck majorly =T
if you suck then we can only hope that you come even more! :chuckle:

Aiser

Smash Lord
^ Lol I guess I could use a good face beating =p still undecided though.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I like your sig, and if you suck why don't you get better? and if you aren't interested in getting better why bother to enter a serious competition?

Aiser

Smash Lord
^ Nah I want to get better, just no one to really get better with anymore, almost all my friends have either quit smash or just don't care to try. seems the only way for me to get better is to go to tounies and get creamed just to learn from mistakes xD

rawsex88

Smash Ace
hey aiser, it happened to me. I went to my first tourney, and got owned. But i met some people that helped me alot. i am a much better player because of them. Just keep practicing man.

Aiser

Smash Lord
60% Chance I'm going, Didn't realise that getting a ride was gonna be this difficult =\

Cort

Apple Head
Mhmm..

Is that Chuck Norris in your sig now? >_>

Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked someone so hard that his foot broke the speed of light, went back in time, and killed Amelia Earhart while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean.

Cort

Apple Head
Edited with specific times.

My birthday is in 13 days woo. >_>

Tourny is coming up. *bounces up and down*

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'm gonna be so 1337 when this tourny comes...woot

cort quit jumping on your thumb

Jcent22

Smash Apprentice
i cant wait for this toury and its cool that there are more poping up in these area you should get you head guy to have team too you would get so many more people to come not just to paly 1v1 but to see how there teams in a real toury . what are some of the prize for the winner and are there going to be people there for nintendo

rawsex88

Smash Ace
Jcent22 said:
i cant wait for this toury and its cool that there are more poping up in these area you should get you head guy to have team too you would get so many more people to come not just to paly 1v1 but to see how there teams in a real toury . what are some of the prize for the winner and are there going to be people there for nintendo

hey what part of ri are you from? i'm from providence!! Always nice to meet new people to play smash if you are interested.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
A little bit over a month, I'm actually kinda excited for this to happen. Hope thigns run smoothly once we're there. See everyone then!!

Brookman

Smash Hero
I was talking to PC and he said he was coming (and I think wes too) and that could get some more players to come to from NY, so competition will be good

Jcent22

Smash Apprentice
i just want to know if there are going to be team at all or if any

Top Bottom