• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Aaaannnd, clear! *Bzzrt*

Wow, this thread died. And I have to wonder, why?

We all know that Anna's going to appear in the next game; not doing so is practically sacrilegious to Fire Emblem as a whole at this point. So what's the hold up? Why is there no talk about her compared to other characters?

Is it because we're waiting for a reveal of her role?
Did we simply lose momentum?
Are people moving on to other characters?
Do people not find her as interesting as she once was?
Does Robin make her feel redundant?

Honestly, I still quite like the idea of her appearing. Right now, I'm stumped as to why nobody's talking about her. Am I the only one left?

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
She's still my most wanted newcomer tbh

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
I would never let Anna die! We must reset the thread like you reset your system when a character dies in F.E.!!! Anna forever!!!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Let's not spam it for no real reason though. :p
There's not much we can do left but wait on Anna's role in the newest Fire Emblem, we already scrapped through all the topics regarding Anna already.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Yeah we're pretty much just twiddling our thumbs waiting for Anna related news.
Anna will always be my Number 1 though.

Kes

Smash Cadet
Why is there still no Anna character-mod for brawl/pm? :/
I would love nothing more than to completely replace Roy in Project M with Anna, but I don't have the skills/know-how/time to make an Anna model myself. Ideally replace Roy completely: sound effects/voice, alt colors, change the sword to the Levin sword and the fire effect to lightning. But leave the move set intact for competitive reasons.

I'm way late to the thread, but totally a supporter of Anna for Smash.

The Novice Sword

Smash Apprentice
I whole heartedly support Anna for Smash for a number of reasons.

1) She had potential to mix up the usual FE swordsman formula (which bugs me because there's a quite diverse cast of characters in the source material)

2) She's got a unique appearance that distinguishes her visually from other characters. No one would glance at her and mistake her for another FE character. (A minor point, but important from a design perspective)

3) She would add some much needed female representation to a cast largely dominated by males. Perhaps not important to some, but it is a consideration.

4) Fan appeal and recognition. She's fairly popular in her home fandom and people would have a largely positive reaction. Even if they didn't actively want her in they'd say "Oh hey cool! They're adding Anna!"

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just waiting for the eventual Fire Emblem Series Amiibo wave and we'll finally get out Anna Amiibo. Yep, should be in a few years. :smash: I'll be waiting.
Oh gosh if there was an Anna Amiibo I would pre order it as soon as possible. I may have potentially missed out on the Rosalina & Luma Amiibo, but I'll definitely make sure not to miss out on Anna. c:

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
So for more discussion, I see we have a fan made Anna Kit, what/who would work best in a team doubles set? I love team doubles so I want to prompt discussion about it. If we use the OP moveset, (you can use any) the thunder after a teammate launches an opponent off stage would be awesome. But feel free to talk about anything doubles, like what would be the best teammate and stuff like that. Never give up hope!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wrote up this moveset last night. Tell me what you think. :3

Neutral B - Silver Bow

Whips out a bow and fires an arrow directly ahead. The bow can be aimed back and forth while charging and will fire at a downward angle in mid-air

Custom 1 - Brave Bow

Arrows can be fired in quick succession, but they are much weaker

Custom 2 - Killer Bow

Arrows are much stronger and pierce, but take longer to charge and are slower when fired

Side B - Lightning

Produces a tome that casts a rune on the floor. The rune travels ahead as the attack is held and shoots a burst of light magic in the air when released. If the move is interrupted, its effect is nullified. Can't move while charging

Custom 1 - Shine

Rune releases a set distance ahead instantly and can be chained several times for weak rapid-fire bursts of light magic

Custom 2 - Purge

Charges light magic that can be stored and released at will, it travels upwards from the floor in front of rune when released

Up B - Rescue

Warps in the direction aimed. Ordinarily has mediocre range, can be charged for increased distance. If the move is interrupted, its effect is nullified. Can't move while charging

Custom 1 - Retreat

Warps at maximum distance as standard, but can only be aimed directly horizontally or vertically

Custom 2 - Recline

Warps a short distance and then reappears, can be used twice in a row to change direction and travel maximum distance

Down B - Elixir

Drinks a mysterious potion to restore health. When activated, the bottle will begin to shimmer, and will shine when fully drunk. When finished, it restores a decent amount of health. Becomes weaker the more it's used and must be replenished over time for maximum effect

Custom 1 - Confection

This peculiar creation boosts damage and knockback for ten seconds, is drunk more slowly until it replenishes

Custom 2 - Vulnerary

This bizarre cocktail restores health when damage is dealt for ten seconds, at the cost of receiving more damage while it's in effect

Final Smash - Secret Shopkeepers

Opens the Outrealm Gate on the floor directly ahead, pulling in any unsuspecting opponents that happen to be standing on it when it opens up. They're transported to a mysterious market and are promptly cut to pieces by Anna's army of identical siblings, climaxing in a powerful strike from the gal herself, with her trademark winking pose finishing the adorable onslaught off

Jab - Slashes with her sword
Jab combo - Slashes with her sword in rapid succession
F-tilt - Spins sword and around and thrusts
U-tilt - Throws coins into the air
D-tilt - Stamps with her heel
F-smash - Throws knives directly ahead
U-smash - Handstands and thrusts her heels into the air
D-smash - Spins on the spot with her sword on the floor
N-air - Blows a deadly kiss
F-air - Throws knives at a downward angle
B-air - Leans forward and strikes back with her heel
U-air - Performs a bicycle kick
D-air - Performs a drill kick
Grab - Grabs opponent with a rope
Pummel - Smacks opponent repeatedly in rapid succession
F-throw - Push-kicks opponent off
B-throw - Blows opponent back with a kiss
U-throw - Scissor-kicks opponent into the air
D-throw - Sits on opponent and winks coyly

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
Wrote up this moveset last night. Tell me what you think. :3

Neutral B - Silver Bow

Whips out a bow and fires an arrow directly ahead. The bow can be aimed back and forth while charging and will fire at a downward angle in mid-air

Custom 1 - Brave Bow

Arrows can be fired in quick succession, but they are much weaker

Custom 2 - Killer Bow

Arrows are much stronger and pierce, but take longer to charge and are slower when fired

Side B - Lightning

Produces a tome that casts a rune on the floor. The rune travels ahead as the attack is held and shoots a burst of light magic in the air when released. If the move is interrupted, its effect is nullified. Can't move while charging

Custom 1 - Shine

Rune releases a set distance ahead instantly and can be chained several times for weak rapid-fire bursts of light magic

Custom 2 - Purge

Charges light magic that can be stored and released at will, it travels upwards from the floor in front of rune when released

Up B - Rescue

Warps in the direction aimed. Ordinarily has mediocre range, can be charged for increased distance. If the move is interrupted, its effect is nullified. Can't move while charging

Custom 1 - Retreat

Warps at maximum distance as standard, but can only be aimed directly horizontally or vertically

Custom 2 - Recline

Warps a short distance and then reappears, can be used twice in a row to change direction and travel maximum distance

Down B - Elixir

Drinks a mysterious potion to restore health. When activated, the bottle will begin to shimmer, and will shine when fully drunk. When finished, it restores a decent amount of health. Becomes weaker the more it's used and must be replenished over time for maximum effect

Custom 1 - Confection

This peculiar creation boosts damage and knockback for ten seconds, is drunk more slowly until it replenishes

Custom 2 - Vulnerary

This bizarre cocktail restores health when damage is dealt for ten seconds, at the cost of receiving more damage while it's in effect

Final Smash - Secret Shopkeepers

Opens the Outrealm Gate on the floor directly ahead, pulling in any unsuspecting opponents that happen to be standing on it when it opens up. They're transported to a mysterious market and are promptly cut to pieces by Anna's army of identical siblings, climaxing in a powerful strike from the gal herself, with her trademark winking pose finishing the adorable onslaught off

Jab - Slashes with her sword
Jab combo - Slashes with her sword in rapid succession
F-tilt - Spins sword and around and thrusts
U-tilt - Throws coins into the air
D-tilt - Stamps with her heel
F-smash - Throws knives directly ahead
U-smash - Handstands and thrusts her heels into the air
D-smash - Spins on the spot with her sword on the floor
N-air - Blows a deadly kiss
F-air - Throws knives at a downward angle
B-air - Leans forward and strikes back with her heel
U-air - Performs a bicycle kick
D-air - Performs a drill kick
Grab - Grabs opponent with a rope
Pummel - Smacks opponent repeatedly in rapid succession
F-throw - Push-kicks opponent off
B-throw - Blows opponent back with a kiss
U-throw - Scissor-kicks opponent into the air
D-throw - Sits on opponent and winks coyly
I like the idea of it all, save for the blowing of kisses, it make it quite silly. :laugh:

Other than that I sounds creative, the only one I'm not entirely sure about is down b, as healing is generally something made minimal (like 1-2 %, :4wiifit: looking at you) unless you have to do something difficult, like Robin's nosferatu, or some sort of counter attack like Ness's absorb.

Other than those I find most of the move set plausible and fun, I especially like the idea of the F-Tilt being multiple hits, like :4sheik:U-Tilt.

Good job, very creative!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Is there a petition for this? I'd go through 33 pages of comments but I'm too lazy. :happysheep:
Petitions do absolutely nothing so it's not really worth trying. This is a phrase I like to use often: If petitions worked, we'd have Hatsune Miku in Sonc and All Stars Racing Transformed.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Petitions do absolutely nothing so it's not really worth trying. This is a phrase I like to use often: If petitions worked, we'd have Hatsune Miku in Sonc and All Stars Racing Transformed.
In all honesty, we probably could have her in a future All-Stars racing game, because the license to use Hatsune Miku does belong to SEGA. That's actually far more likely to happen than Anna as Smash DLC...

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
In all honesty, we probably could have her in a future All-Stars racing game, because the license to use Hatsune Miku does belong to SEGA. That's actually far more likely to happen than Anna as Smash DLC...
Not that they needed to be specifically Sega licensed in that game since Wreck it Ralph, The Team Fortress guys, and I believe even someone from Yogscast were playable.

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
:c I understand, I just want to do all I can to make it happen, even if it doesn't I just want to tell myself I did all I could.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not that they needed to be specifically Sega licensed in that game since Wreck it Ralph, The Team Fortress guys, and I believe even someone from Yogscast were playable.
I'm aware. That's why I said that Hatsune Miku would've actually been a fairly likely choice overall, and could very well appear in a sequel.

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
At the moment, I think Anna is probably my most wanted Smash Bros. character. I'm not exactly sure why, but I really like the idea of her being playable, and I really would think it would be cool if her Final Smash involved Tiki or something like that.

So yeah, sign me up.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
:D Does anyone else wanna see Anna Smashified by Artsy Omni? I submitted a request but it's probably lost in a sea of Shovel Knight, Issac, and Professor Layton (all of which who are awesome characters).

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
:D Does anyone else wanna see Anna Smashified by Artsy Omni? I submitted a request but it's probably lost in a sea of Shovel Knight, Issac, and Professor Layton (all of which who are awesome characters).
Heck yeah, she was even the first character I thought of when I was thinking of who I'd like to see him draw.

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
Where do you submit to him? I'd like to submit to him as well, and the more people that submit Anna to him we'd have a better chance at seeing him draw her.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Where do you submit to him? I'd like to submit to him as well, and the more people that submit Anna to him we'd have a better chance at seeing him draw her.
As of now it's only to comment your request in his videos or tweet it out with the hashtag #Smashified.
Someone should make a poll or something.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Not sure if this is supposed to be a joke, but I'll support Anna being in Smash. I imagine that there would be a ton of yucks from the fans if she's in.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Anna is the epitome of "joke concept, brilliant execution". Who'd have actually thought that the recurring shopkeeper would appear as a playable character, and that she'd be a fine unit in her own right?

And you can support with her. YOU CAN MARRY ANNA.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Does this mean I can vote for FREDDY FAZZBEAR?!?!?!!?

Nah maybe some other time. Anna definitely gets my vote. Inkling, Bandanna Dee, and Rayman have large followings so they should have a hefty vote count on their own. Ice Climbers I'll leave completely to the dev team if they want to go the SoPo route or not. This is Anna's time to shine!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Ahoy, ladies and gents.
Let's get the cold, hard lead out. Pepper that poll! Serve it with a physic!

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Voted for her. It's a one in a million chance, but why not? :p

:231:
If Terry Pratchett has taught me anything, it's that one-in-a-million chances always work. ;3

I'll vote for her too, she's one of my most wanted newcomers and I'd love to cut prices and throats with her spangly wee sword!

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
Even though, people like to say that Fire Emblem has new reps already I still think another FE rep could be possible. With the upcoming SMT x FE and FEIF, there is plenty of reason with promotion of product. That's the whole reason that they added :roymelee: right? I just wanna keep my expectations realistic.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think Anna would be a really cool character to have if she could use GBA Fire Emblem staves like the Berserk and Sleep Staves.

Top Bottom