• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm not sure what game you guys are playing, but if in FE7 or FE8, someone dies on a 30 or something, no matter how many times you soft reset (L+R+Start+Select), that attack is going to hit them.
Suspend-> restart chapter gets a "new" RN sequence from my experience. I agree that resetting doesn't change the RN sequence though.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I remember finding a move-by-move guide of how to S- rank Hector Hard Mode. Never actually tried it, but it seemed legit.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Question: what would be everyone's thoughts if IS were to adopt a training system like the one shown above in place of BEXP or grinding?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That's actually a very interesting mechanic. I think I would prefer something like that over arenas, BEXP, or revisiting maps.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Limited so it can't be abused but gives enough exp that its useful. I like it. Should also be a bonus for boosting supports as well as having better effects between supported units.

Also, poor archers will get the short end of the stick with this though. Limited to 2 range means they have to fight throwing weapons/mages/bows only

Also adds benifit to getting more staff users from classes that have staff upgrades.

Reizilla

Kind of undermines the whole don't die ever ever deal they have going on. Although Casual mode and big warrior guy from Awakening already did that.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It's training that's being overseen by a healer though. It's not like two units in your army are going to kill each other.

Besides, it reminds of that FE10 conversation with Ike and Mia, where they get Rhys to oversee their sparring rather than having someone show up bleeding in his tent.

Edit: Also, the healer got substantial exp for that. **** yeah, training healers sucks.

Last edited:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I decided to start a no-reset Awakening run yesterday; i.e. if a unit dies, they're gone for good. I've on Ch. 8 now, having just finished Paralogue 2, and my only loss so far has been Lon'qu, who got murked by a 4% crit at full health when trying to clean out a Dark Mage on Ch. 6. He was paired with Vaike at the time, who I was only using as support for Strength, but Vaike rose to the occasion as a replacement; his first level up had him gain everything except Mag and Res. My team so far is Chrom/Sully (already married), Stahl (Spd screwed :c)/Cordelia, Panne/Gaius, Robin (male)/Vaike to train Vaike up, with Lissa and Maribelle hanging around for healer duties. I'll probably pair Vaike with Nowi and Robin with Gregor in Ch. 8.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Fire Emblem 7 is gotta net you around 40 bucks in my experience still haven't got it yet cause I'm trying to get POR and RD and I just got Shadow Dragon's a few weeks ago and the game by itself is $30 to $33 bucks and the game with the case and manual is about $40 bucks.

IF you can get these at a lower price then good stuff to you then.

Last edited:

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
So I've been playing Shadow Dragon, and I'm genuinely surprised at how good Marth is turning out. His strength and speed are both considerably above average.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
So I've been playing Shadow Dragon, and I'm genuinely surprised at how good Marth is turning out. His strength and speed are both considerably above average.
My Marth in Shadow Dragon usually ends up pretty powerful by level 30. He's usually strong enough to take on the same threats as my Second Class units.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've been humming the song for the final stage in Awakening all day. Such a good song. But I still think FE 4 & 7 are tied for best music overall.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Join the club I did the same thing on Saturday and that final stage was a pain in the ass for me but man that music was godlike.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Awakening's OST is okay.

It has what is, IMO, the worst recruitment theme in the series except possibly Gaiden's. Everything else is pretty good.

"Don't Speak Her Name" is phenomenal, even if it sounds a bit 'Award Bait'-y. Chaos is also one of my favourite map themes ever.

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
Path of Radiance has my favorite OST thus far. I'm quite fond of Against The Black Knight, Power Hungry Fool, Clash, and Galdr of Rebirth.

7 and Awakening also has an alright assortment of songs, but are far from my favorites.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
My favorite OST's in the series would have to be FE4, FE9, and FE12. They all have fantastic soundtracks. Id - Purpose (Awakening's final map theme) is pretty cool though.

Ch. 1, Lunatic Mode
Basically what Ussi said lol. In that image replace fredrick with avatar. Chrom with fredrick. And avatar with chrom. +def avatar with 5 levels from prologue, fortress, minus attack from serkers, and +4 def from fredrick just does not take any damage lol

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Moving from the SSB4 FE Thread:
I do not use Marcus due to a personal rule against Jeigans (I don't want them making the game too easy. Think of it as similar to no pair up in Awakening.)
Hope you're playing on Normal Mode.

Any way, you're already doing most of the things you should be doing. Other things:
-Lugh is the best early game mage. His wonky Magic growth is irrelevant because all FE(6) enemies have sh** Res.
-Shin is apparently really good on Hard mode thanks to HM bonuses.
-If you decide to use any Axe users, stick to Irons and Killers. They can(somewhat) mitigate the poor skill of Axe users.
-Thany can be pretty useful in my experience.

D

Deleted member

Moving from SSB4 FE thread too :
Okay FE players.
If you choose only one catch-quote for the following characters :

- Robin
- Chrom
- Lucina
- Anna
- Tiki

Which ones would they be ?

EDIT : Also which one for Lyndis ?
And :
On a side note :

http://www.cosplayfu.com/product/Robin Cosplay from Fire Emblem Awakening

I'm very attempted by this costume, but I fear to be trapped by the value for money.

Does someone know this website and if so, it is a good cosplay shop site or not ?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If its battle quotes you want..

Robin "Time to tip the scales!" Or "Here's how its done!"

Chrom "Anything can change!"

Lucina "I say when it ends!"

Anna "Violence is on sale!"

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Robin "Time to tip the scales!" or "Checkmate!"

Chrom "Anything can change!"

Lucina "Hope will never die!"

Tiki "I must protect this world my friends saved."

Reizilla

Lucina - "I just don't understand!"

Maribelle
Prepare for trouble!

Libra
Make it double!

Maribelle
To protect the world from devastation!

Libra
To unite all peoples within our nation!

Maribelle
To denounce the evils of truth and love!

Libra
To extend our reach to the stars above!

Maribelle: maribelle

Libra: Libra

Maribelle: Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!

Libra: Surrender now, or prepare to fight!

Nowi: rowr!!! That's right!

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Finally at the final chapter of Shadow Dragons and man it's kinda annoying.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Finally beat the final chapter of Shadow Dragons yay now I want to play FE Mystery Of the Emblem via emulator or the DS remake of it that never came over here in the states :( .

D

Deleted member

First, thanks fo your suggestions about the quotes.

Then, as I've redived into Awakening, I'm trying to optimize my pairings.

By searching sources in order to help me, I found this on GameFAQs : http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/643003-fire-emblem-awakening/faqs/69047

Do you think their Community-Decided Parent Ratings is convincing, and also can someone tell me if other ranking like this one exist on FE websites such like Serenes Forest ?

Top Bottom